Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Like the title says I'm Debating on
Lower wattage cheaper Crees
Or Generic QBs from Jerry at Kingbrite

I like the Idea of the QBs on there as they are affordable
Their 800 Boards look nice and up to 377 watts is nice too

So I'm On a Budget for DIY
Wanna Get something Decent built to See if The Samsung Lm561c diode lives up to the hype

Plus I found really affordable drivers for the Generic QBs

& 86w Crees can b had $5 each

My issue is not wanting to get heat sinks and fans as I Plan on pumping cold water through vinyl tubing to keep her cool

Any suggestions on Effective Cheap DIY with Generic QBs or Crees that ain't crazy price ?
Not getting cxb3070,3090 or any of those high price cobs cause I'm just in the design and learning phase on that

Any info would be appreciated
Cheerz

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Check out my grow diary. I am currently growing my plants under normal pcb (not for horticulture). I think i have samsung 2835 chips or something (forgot what it was) and a seoul brand cob. Their spectrum was looking nice when i checked the datasheets so i went for it plus i wasn’t able to locate a seller that sold 561cs. Vegged under 220W of 2835s and added 100w seoul cob in flowering and throw in some blurple strips.
Anyway, if they have good spectrum which you can check from datasheet then they will grow plants just fine. True 561c has a bit more red-far red and probably it is a little bit more efficient but in the end it will not make or break things.

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Well the 120w boards are $25 each or $80 with a driver and heatsink and ready to go

And they have the 561c

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Check out my grow diary. I am currently growing my plants under normal pcb (not for horticulture). I think i have samsung 2835 chips or something (forgot what it was) and a seoul brand cob. Their spectrum was looking nice when i checked the datasheets so i went for it plus i wasn’t able to locate a seller that sold 561cs. Vegged under 220W of 2835s and added 100w seoul cob in flowering and throw in some blurple strips.
Anyway, if they have good spectrum which you can check from datasheet then they will grow plants just fine. True 561c has a bit more red-far red and probably it is a little bit more efficient but in the end it will not make or break things.

So basically don't listen to all these fuckers saying cheaper Leds are useless trash & i should get "Crees" or "HLG QB" & Not listen to the people pushing the Cree Agenda ?
(Lol they probably get a discount)

And I should just go for it & build DIY ghetto budget cheapo ?

And will it at least match my Hps or beat it efficiency wise ?
Even cheapo stuff ?

I heard there were some good China Cobs that dis good for flowering but I can't find em cause there's too many others hahaha
& I can't find cheaper drivers for cobs as easily as for the KB boards & I Hear The Boards Are way better than Cobs !

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I don’t know anyone here is pushing an agenda per say. The market is rapidly evolving and we have to adapt to it. We can only relay what has worked for us but by the time we are able to do so the market has already moved on so we will always be a step or two behind.

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

I don’t know anyone here is pushing an agenda per say. The market is rapidly evolving and we have to adapt to it. We can only relay what has worked for us but by the time we are able to do so the market has already moved on so we will always be a step or two behind.

But That's How They Planned It !

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
So basically don't listen to all these fuckers saying cheaper Leds are useless trash & i should get "Crees" or "HLG QB" & Not listen to the people pushing the Cree Agenda ?
(Lol they probably get a discount)

And I should just go for it & build DIY ghetto budget cheapo ?

And will it at least match my Hps or beat it efficiency wise ?
Even cheapo stuff ?

I heard there were some good China Cobs that dis good for flowering but I can't find em cause there's too many others hahaha
& I can't find cheaper drivers for cobs as easily as for the KB boards & I Hear The Boards Are way better than Cobs !

No listen to those fuckers :) they are right. Those lights are better according to the datasheets than my cheap diy but the difference is tiny.
As for efficiency, i need a quantum meter and an hps setup to compare but when i harvest i will get an idea if they worked well or not.
Boards are better imo too, when my cob burns out i will go all out with pcb boards because light distribution is much better and they run way cooler.
As for the chinese knock offs, it is hard to comprehend for a westerner but most of those lights are same as a pricey brand name boards, same factory, same chips, same everything with a different brand name printed on it.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
No listen to those fuckers :) they are right. Those lights are better according to the datasheets than my cheap diy but the difference is not huge.
As for efficiency, i need a quantum meter and an hps setup to compare but when i harvest i will get an idea if they worked well or not.
Boards are better imo too, when my cob burns out i will go all out with pcb boards because light distribution is much better and they run way cooler.

Which cob LEDs are you using?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
DAA317DB FE58 4500 A0E0 3F77AB076C65

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I just bought a rapid led cob to supplement my burples. I’ll add more when I can afford it. Should have plants going into flower next week and every week after that. (SOG style)

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I just bought a rapid led cob to supplement my burples. I’ll add more when I can afford it. Should have plants going into flower next week and every week after that. (SOG style)
Yeah when i can afford it i will give those chinese qbs a chance :) there are some 3’x1’ ones in alibaba that i would love to get my hands on :)

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Yeah when i can afford it i will give those chinese qbs a chance :) there are some 3’x1’ ones in alibaba that i would love to get my hands on :)
The 800!!!! Same one I was thinking on
Think 4 of those would crush the 4x7 im building next month If I do say so myself
Driven at 200w a board

Fun lol

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Same thing I do brother ! SOG half cab Scrog in the other half going all SOG soon as The Scrogged GG4 comes down 10/5

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

They
No listen to those fuckers :) they are right. Those lights are better according to the datasheets than my cheap diy but the difference is tiny.
As for the chinese knock offs, it is hard to comprehend for a westerner but most of those lights are same as a pricey brand name boards, same factory, same chips, same everything with a different brand name printed on it.
They may be right
But you say the difference is tiny ?

& far as PCB boards go they're proven
Just lookup FOTOP Board Build

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
The 800!!!! Same one I was thinking on
Think 4 of those would crush the 4x7 im building next month If I do say so myself
Driven at 200w a board

Fun lol
Yeah nicee! Start a thread i would love to see it. I was thinking 2 for my 4x4 driven a little higher but 4 of those should do very well in 4x7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom