Lst - Should I Remove Strings In Flower Period

• Thread starter ivik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ivik

Hi all

I'm doing LST on 2 autos, I started late, first couple of days into flowering. But it went kind of good anyway I think, it's my first grow so I have nothing to compare with. But all steems now have the same height and the main steam on each were hold back even more so everything else now had chance to catch up, even half good looking top is what I have now :D

But I read somewhere that not only should LST training stop 2-3 weeks into flowering, some even wrote after first week of pre-flower. But you should even stop using the strings to keep them down, I use string and I guess most use something similar. But I also read on some other places that it does not matter so much and you could LST all the way, perhaps just make it little mid-flower so energy goes to buds instead of bent stems.

Do I have to remove these strings and let all stems loose again after 2-3 week into flowering or could I still have them in place but perhaps stop adding new ones or tightening the old ones?

Thx!

stonestacker

stonestacker

You want to let the tops grow through the string or net now. You will need the net to hold the buds up as they fill in.
Post a picture or two.
Good luck and happy growing.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Hi all

I'm doing LST on 2 autos, I started late, first couple of days into flowering. But it went kind of good anyway I think, it's my first grow so I have nothing to compare with. But all steems now have the same height and the main steam on each were hold back even more so everything else now had chance to catch up, even half good looking top is what I have now :D

But I read somewhere that not only should LST training stop 2-3 weeks into flowering, some even wrote after first week of pre-flower. But you should even stop using the strings to keep them down, I use string and I guess most use something similar. But I also read on some other places that it does not matter so much and you could LST all the way, perhaps just make it little mid-flower so energy goes to buds instead of bent stems.

Do I have to remove these strings and let all stems loose again after 2-3 week into flowering or could I still have them in place but perhaps stop adding new ones or tightening the old ones?

Thx!
Hey, I'm definitely not an experienced grower but I'll throw in my 2 cents. I wouldn't do anything too drastic throughout flowering, but maybe just a couple adjustments here and there just to try and keep your canopy even. I am actually on my first grow and that is basically what I'm doing, and so far so good. But I just began flowering and they aren't autos. Hopefully a more experienced grower will chime in and help you more. Good luck!

I

ivik

You want to let the tops grow through the string or net now. You will need the net to hold the buds up as they fill in.
Post a picture or two.
Good luck and happy growing.

I don't use a net, I only use strings around the stems attached to the pot in order to hold them down and move them apart from the middle of the pot, to let light in better and let other stems catch up to the main one.

And when other stems had catched up I looked at which ones were going further then the main one and then started tying them down at the same height as main. Did that couple of rounds and now almost all stems are some height as the main one.

The question is now if I should let all of them go and let the plants grow freely or just keep the strings on all stems and not do anything more. I guess the main one would pick up some height again or some of the other ones would become little bit taller then the rest.

Monster762

Monster762

I don't use a net, I only use strings around the stems attached to the pot in order to hold them down and move them apart from the middle of the pot, to let light in better and let other stems catch up to the main one.

And when other stems had catched up I looked at which ones were going further then the main one and then started tying them down at the same height as main. Did that couple of rounds and now almost all stems are some height as the main one.

The question is now if I should let all of them go and let the plants grow freely or just keep the strings on all stems and not do anything more. I guess the main one would pick up some height again or some of the other ones would become little bit taller then the rest.
I tie everything. All the time. Moving to expose a budsites is always better than cutting or leaving it blocked. Tie em all over if need be. Get that light to em everywhere. Make sure ties are soft around the plant and not choking it.

Monster762

Monster762

I tie everything. All the time. Moving to expose a budsites is always better than cutting or leaving it blocked. Tie em all over if need be. Get that light to em everywhere. Make sure ties are soft around the plant and not choking it.
Training don’t stop in flower. Train the way you want em til the end just don’t chop at em.

Top Bottom