Mag Deficiency? Help!!

• Thread starter Farmeroaks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Farmeroaks

Hi I've been having problems and I think it's mag deficiency. I'm going to add Epsom salts and spray my veg plants with it. But can I spray flower with it in week 4? I've got sort of light colored plants with Brown specks and the leaves are twisting sideways on each other. Heres pics in veg and week 4 flower. Its a mess. I've been doing this successfully for 20 years maybe I'm overlooking something I'm using the Mills nutrients line in Cocoa. Please help!

Mag deficiency help
Mag deficiency help 2
Mag deficiency help 3
Mag deficiency help 4
Dewd

Dewd

Hi I've been having problems and I think it's mag deficiency. I'm going to add Epsom salts and spray my veg plants with it. But can I spray flower with it in week 4? I've got sort of light colored plants with Brown specks and the leaves are twisting sideways on each other. Heres pics in veg and week 4 flower. Its a mess. I've been doing this successfully for 20 years maybe I'm overlooking something I'm using the Mills nutrients line in Cocoa. Please help!
I just started using mills. I'm having great results with the nutes. I'm curious what the solution is so I'm tagging along.

Dewd

Dewd

How long have you been using mills?
What ppm or EC? pH?
How often do you water/feed?
What supplements do you use with the a and b?

xenon730

xenon730

that is not magnesium. Do you check your ph and ppm? Looks like lockout from way wrong ph at first glance. Need more info though; all the info of what and how you feed.

F

Farmeroaks

How long have you been using mills?
What ppm or EC? pH?
How often do you water/feed?
What supplements do you use with the a and b?
I've been using it for a year. I use the start R, c, pk, vitalize from mills then I use super thrive. Plus a bud booster but the problems happen before the bud booster. Ppm 1200 -1800 depending on how plants looking. It's at the 1800 point if I use cal mag, but I think it's old or too late at that point. Usually week 3 or so by the time I'm adding it, assuming the mills is covering it. I feed weekly in cocoa and water in between if needed.

F

Farmeroaks

that is not magnesium. Do you check your ph and ppm? Looks like lockout from way wrong ph at first glance. Need more info though; all the info of what and how you feed.
I just posted all that below. My veg plants are yellowing with curling leaves.. ph is 5.8-6.0.

F

Farmeroaks

I just posted all that below. My veg plants are yellowing with curling leaves.. ph is 5.8-6.0.
I've been using it for a year. I use the start R, c, pk, vitalize from mills then I use super thrive. Plus a bud booster but the problems happen before the bud booster. Ppm 1200 -1800 depending on how plants looking. It's at the 1800 point if I use cal mag, but I think it's old or too late at that point. Usually week 3 or so by the time I'm adding it, assuming the mills is covering it. I feed weekly in cocoa and water in between if needed.

F

Farmeroaks

I just started using mills. I'm having great results with the nutes. I'm curious what the solution is so I'm tagging along.

What do u keep your ppm at throughout? I start around 900 week 1 veg and 1200 maintenance until yellowing starts I let it go up as high as 1800 with the addition of cal mag.

Dewd

Dewd

Well I will tell you what I think. First the basics which I'm sure you know. But just in case.
The start R is for veg only and first 2 weeks of flower. Use at the lowest dose or not at all.
C is for week 3-5 only. Use at lowest dose or not at all.
Pk is for week 6-8 only. Use at lowest dose or not at all.
In coco you should feed everytime. Never straight water except to flush at end.
Ph should be between 5.8 and 6.2
Calmag is rarely needed with mills.
I think a lower ppm will serve you better. Especially if you feed everytime you water.
Also feed at least once daily in coco. Coco should never dry out

Dewd

Dewd

What do u keep your ppm at throughout? I start around 900 week 1 veg and 1200 maintenance until yellowing starts I let it go up as high as 1800 with the addition of cal mag.
I start around 500 ppm week 1 in veg. Max 800 ppm in veg for me.

F

Farmeroaks

Well I will tell you what I think. First the basics which I'm sure you know. But just in case.
The start R is for veg only and first 2 weeks of flower. Use at the lowest dose or not at all.
C is for week 3-5 only. Use at lowest dose or not at all.
Pk is for week 6-8 only. Use at lowest dose or not at all.
In coco you should feed everytime. Never straight water except to flush at end.
Ph should be between 5.8 and 6.2
Calmag is rarely needed with mills.
I think a lower ppm will serve you better. Especially if you feed everytime you water.
Also feed at least once daily in coco. Coco should never dry out

Thank you, do you use cocoa? I don't let it dry out but I don't want to cause root rot by having them drenched all the time. Do u mean just feed a small amount daily? Like keep them moist? I'm new to cocoa used to do hydroton. Seems cocoa has been challenging to me because I've had a range of issues since starting it. So I'll feed every time and lower ppm to what like 1000? And so don't drench them ever?

F

Farmeroaks

I've learned that less is more
What about in flower? Why do u think mine are yellow/curling in veg if nutrients are higher ppm? Wouldn't that make them dark and leathery?I'm not challenging you I'm just so lost like usually yellow means not enough nitrogen.. so higher ppm to fix that.

Dewd

Dewd

Thank you, do you use cocoa? I don't let it dry out but I don't want to cause root rot by having them drenched all the time. Do u mean just feed a small amount daily? Like keep them moist? I'm new to cocoa used to do hydroton. Seems cocoa has been challenging to me because I've had a range of issues since starting it. So I'll feed every time and lower ppm to what like 1000? And so don't drench them ever?
Yes I use coco. In my opinion...You cant over water in coco but you can under water coco. Coco holds a lot of air when fully saturated. You should water until you have about 20% runoff. I say water but I mean feed. ppm depends on plants. Start low and work you way up as needed. I would say stay under 1000 ppm in veg and see how that does. In flower raise your ppm until the leaf tips burn then lower it by 100 ppm. I feed 4-6 times per day while the lights are on during flower.

Dewd

Dewd

What about in flower? Why do u think mine are yellow/curling in veg if nutrients are higher ppm? Wouldn't that make them dark and leathery?I'm not challenging you I'm just so lost like usually yellow means not enough nitrogen.. so higher ppm to fix that.
It's all about balance. When your nutes in your coco get out of balance you will get lockout.
When you use straight water in coco you will get lockout.
When you let the coco dry out you will get lockout.
If you keep the coco moist and fresh with nutes the plants love you!
Everytime you feed you add oxygen to the coco witch is good

F

Farmeroaks

Yes I use coco. In my opinion...You cant over water in coco but you can under water coco. Coco holds a lot of air when fully saturated. You should water until you have about 20% runoff. I say water but I mean feed. ppm depends on plants. Start low and work you way up as needed. I would say stay under 1000 ppm in veg and see how that does. In flower raise your ppm until the leaf tips burn then lower it by 100 ppm. I feed 4-6 times per day while the lights are on during flower.

Wow I had no idea plus my cocoa has peralite mixed in so I'll feed more often. Ive been treating it like soil. Are you using a drip recirculating system? I used to use that on built up trays but when I switched to gavita lights I didn't have enough ceiling clearance. So I moved the plants to the ground and have to hand feed. That's why I ever changed from hydroton drip system. I almost feeling like I need to switch my medium.

F

Farmeroaks

It's all about balance. When your nutes in your coco get out of balance you will get lockout.
When you use straight water in coco you will get lockout.
When you let the coco dry out you will get lockout.
If you keep the coco moist and fresh with nutes the plants love you!
Everytime you feed you add oxygen to the coco witch is good
Wow I've really messed up with the coco. Treating it like soil has made me lose my mind over the past 2 years. Thank you

F

Farmeroaks

So besides switching mediums here's what I'm thinking... fill my 50 gallon drum and hand feed until plant base has runoff. Then mix another 50 gallon drum airated and feed the next day (and everyday) until runoff occurs which should be less water then the initial dry feeding to run through the week until I change the mix. Does that seem like it'll work? I feel like the light just came on. This has happened bad the last 2 runs which is when I started using the peralite mixed coco so it's been drying faster and to keep up I'll add water. Wow smh I should have posted on here long ago! I kept thinking deficiency when it's lockout and I couldn't understand why. Thank u so much!!! Do u use peralite at all? And do u think my plan is good?

Dewd

Dewd

Also you can use a smaller container when using coco as opposed to soil
Wow I had no idea plus my cocoa has peralite mixed in so I'll feed more often. Ive been treating it like soil. Are you using a drip recirculating system? I used to use that on built up trays but when I switched to gavita lights I didn't have enough ceiling clearance. So I moved the plants to the ground and have to hand feed. That's why I ever changed from hydroton drip system. I almost feeling like I need to switch my medium.
Yeah, treating coco like soil is the #1 mistake new coco growers make. Honestly I learned about coco on other sites but learned how to grow in coco on this site.

Latest posts

Top Bottom