main-line topping ******best method******

• Thread starter clockworx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DOGBUDS

DOGBUDS

No, I'll just have to figure it out on the way.
I haven't had any frustrations so far.
And if I do so I'll take care of it.

I will be working with limited vertical space.
So mainlining will be required to help slow down their vertical progress.

I figure with enough advance research & due diligence. Most people can engineer out most problems right from the start.

Not to say encountering problems is completely avoidable. But rather I think I'm off to a good start.

While I appreciate the explanation.
I've already read this whole mainlining thread.
And associated information sources.
And have a good grasp on the concept.

Once I get the 5th or 6th node and start the mainline.
I plan on using that cut of each plant to clone with.
It will kill 2 birds with one stone.

I've got my 3rd nodes growing out now.
Just a matter of playing the waiting game.

Thank you for reminding me why I don't put my.02 in on these types of threads. The "well known farmers rule the roost here" LOL!

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

I thought I would Post a Few Of Mine.
When I 1st started reading the threads on the farm I had found this super topped cropped LST bound for Nugs Thread, and I was hooked on the Baby Bonsai look from then On.
small pots big sweeping curvy branches of Bad azz Budz, What could be better... Thank you to @clockworx for the Knowledge.
View attachment 556397
View attachment 556401
View attachment 556402
Super grow Vibes Farmers
FlyJ
Looking proper there FlyinJ Very nice

ziplock

ziplock

No, I'll just have to figure it out on the way.
I haven't had any frustrations so far.
And if I do so I'll take care of it.

I will be working with limited vertical space.
So mainlining will be required to help slow down their vertical progress.

I figure with enough advance research & due diligence. Most people can engineer out most problems right from the start.

Not to say encountering problems is completely avoidable. But rather I think I'm off to a good start.

While I appreciate the explanation.
I've already read this whole mainlining thread.
And associated information sources.
And have a good grasp on the concept.

Once I get the 5th or 6th node and start the mainline.
I plan on using that cut of each plant to clone with.
It will kill 2 birds with one stone.

I've got my 3rd nodes growing out now.
Just a matter of playing the waiting game.
More power to you, friend.

DOGBUDS

DOGBUDS

And I do as well! I have also seen "new farmers" on here that aren't so new with great knowledge and information... There's always going to be those ones, I'm just here to learn and help if I can... Thank you Farm!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Thank you for reminding me why I don't put my.02 in on these types of threads. The "well known farmers rule the roost here" LOL!

I appreciate the willingness to help.

But posting an explanation of main-lining.
In The mainlining thread is kind of redundant.
(I mean no offense just stating my opinion)

More power to you, friend.

Thanks, I am a very self-reliant person.
So I like to try and do my best for as long as possible alone. There is a cornucopia of information in this site and the web.

But don't get me wrong I'm not all knowing or a master of this hobby. And when it comes time for me to ask for help I do.

I believe one of the biggest parts to learning is the beginning struggle. Going through all the mistakes helps solidify in my brain the things to never do again. Or learn what they relate to and how to apply them.

Every now and again though you seek information not attainable through research, reading or personal experience (myself).

So that's the perfect time to seek wisdom/ pick the brains of some more experienced members.

I hope I didn't sound like a dick in my last posts.
That wasn't my intent.

DOGBUDS

DOGBUDS

As long as you don't think that just because someone has the title "well-known farmer" under their name, that they assumably know more then someone with"new farmer" under their name, you should be just fine..... Pictures are worth 1000 words! DB

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
As long as you don't think that just because someone has the title "well-known farmer" under their name, that they assumably know more then someone with"new farmer" under their name, you should be just fine..... Pictures are worth 1000 words! DB

I keep my photos in my grow log.

I didn't notice there was a "new farmer" "well known farmer" status until you just pointed it out.

I only look at post content.

Everything else is irrelevant.

Reactions: Ina
ziplock

ziplock

And I do as well! I have also seen "new farmers" on here that aren't so new with great knowledge and information... There's always going to be those ones, I'm just here to learn and help if I can... Thank you Farm!
It's not too hard to tell, tho, is it.

ziplock

ziplock

I appreciate the willingness to help.

But posting an explanation of main-lining.
In The mainlining thread is kind of redundant.
(I mean no offense just stating my opinion)

Thanks, I am a very self-reliant person.
So I like to try and do my best for as long as possible alone. There is a cornucopia of information in this site and the web.

But don't get me wrong I'm not all knowing or a master of this hobby. And when it comes time for me to ask for help I do.

I believe one of the biggest parts to learning is the beginning struggle. Going through all the mistakes helps solidify in my brain the things to never do again. Or learn what they relate to and how to apply them.

Every now and again though you seek information not attainable through research, reading or personal experience (myself).

So that's the perfect time to seek wisdom/ pick the brains of some more experienced members.

I hope I didn't sound like a dick in my last posts.
That wasn't my intent.
Maybe a little dick-ish, but then, maybe I had my dick-tinted glasses on at the time. It's all OK. I DO understand your need to make your own mistakes. It helps me to remember better. What's good about this site is that you can get facts or opinions from several members, and determine what makes sense based on consensus, plus your own understanding,

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
OK, that says it all..... LMAO! Tell dad I said hi!

I live with my wife over 2100 miles away from my parents.

Not sure how they are relevant.

Maybe a little dick-ish, but then, maybe I had my dick-tinted glasses on at the time. It's all OK. I DO understand your need to make your own mistakes. It helps me to remember better. What's good about this site is that you can get facts or opinions from several members, and determine what makes sense based on consensus, plus your own understanding,

Thx for being someone who gets it.

scubascrog

scubascrog

Hey guys, so I got over 15 zips off my 4x4 mainline adventure in soil.
Purple Kush
20160327 022842
20160327 022159
20160320 012913
20160320 012903

WC1
WC2
WC3
WC4

didnt like the smart pots. so im doing RDWC now. doing 4 mainlined 2 thc snow, white cookies and ak-47!!!!
Gagagagagagagagagaga

O

oioioi

Wow, Just read the entire thread, 20 pages and I take my hat off to clockworx, well done mate.

Would this work outdoors on say a 10 foot haze plant? What I mean is, is the base structure of the hub strong enough to hold a large plant? I'm thinking it will as the extra width would give it a stable base,but worry that the taller you went the less stable it would be, then again you can always stake the 16 Colas for strength.

ziplock

ziplock

Ziplock, if you are new to growing definitely get a grow or two or three under your belt. Once you have learned what your particular strain(s) likes you will be better prepared to attempt main-lining... One thing you can do, especially if your space is limited, is topping. You can search on the Farm and learn how to top to create bushes instead of trees... DB
Im a little late in replying, but I think you answered the wrong person. I was one who was first recommending that the new grower should get a feel for his plants. For what it's with, I'll be reducing my mother plants so they can fit into my small spaces. I spent 7 or 8 years culturing and training bonsai, so I'll prob go for the Japanese look. Assymetrical balance. These won't be for flowering.

Top Bottom