Main Stem Split Down The Middle

• Thread starter smlern
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

You can put some more of the magic tape up further aswell 3-4 inches.i get this quite abit and just tape it.
When it happens you think N00000ooooooo .its ruined..youd think it would stress and go all herm on ya but nope..they are tough buggers...

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah these plants are resilient. It'll take a lot more than a split to make them hermie. In fact they typically don't hermie unless they are purposely induced into doing so. Light leaks can do it as well but they usually need to be pretty severe and over a prolonged period of time (with decent genetics). Of course shit genetics can make hermies but there's nothing you can do in those instances. But in the wild deer and animals munch on them all the time so physical stress is generally not a big deal, they'll just grow around it.

KDB42

KDB42

Sorry this is my first post but not sure what to do. Ive been bending my plant since its been big enough to do so. Im now just beginning my second week after switching to 12/12. Problem is today I went to check on it before lights out and noticed the main stalk was split down the middle where 2 branches connect from bending too much. Problem is i don't know when it happend. From the looks it seems like its been at least a day or two but fear its been longer. I only had string laying around and quickly tied it as tight together as I could. My question is does she have any chance at all of coming back. I noticed the leaves just started to droop alittle thats why i looked closer and noticed it. After reading the other posts I feel alittle better but this has been a few days at least. Please help this is my first grow and have put alot of time and effort just to have to start over. :(

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
If you read up on autos you will notice that most breeders and growers alike say you will get better yields on a 18/6 schedule than a 24 or 12/12.

I can not say with 100% but I'd bet my paycheck that's right.

How fast would you be if you were up 24hrs a day for 4 weeks? Probably dead id imagine.

I sleep about 3 hours a night and I'm alive so logically I think any thing considered alive or living needs a period of rest.

Just my opinion but I veg on 18/6 and my autos in my tent are doing better than my autos in my green house.

KDB42

KDB42

Thanks for the reply but my plant isn't an auto. My worry is about the split going down the middle of the plant and not sure how long it's been there.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Wait did I answer to a different thread? Your not the op? Do like the rest of the advise in this thread say to do tape it up like a bandaid or leave it either way the plant will heal itself up just gonnatake time is all.

KDB42

KDB42

Thank you. Think I just needed to hear it lol. I do feel better. Now I wait.

Top Bottom