Maine Says Pro-marijuana Group Can Collect Signatures

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — Maine state officials say a pro-marijuana group can collect signatures to try to get a question about legalization of the drug on the ballot in November 2016.

Legalize Maine wants recreational use of marijuana to be legal in the state. The group asked state officials to approve its petition, and the Department of State signed off on it on Tuesday morning. A spokeswoman for the department says the group received the finalized petition on Tuesday.

The group needs to collect at least 61,123 signatures by Feb. 1 so the question can go to the voters in November 2016. Another group backed by the national Marijuana Policy Project is also seeking approval for a legalization petition drive. That group is called the Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol.

S

SHIRDABZALOT

Listen up Maine; you do not want legal marijuana. I repeat DO NOT want legalization. It's just a scam to get position to fuck you all over. Don't be fooled into quasi-lagalization, it will make criminals out of you and make big business.....well bigger!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Listen up Maine; you do not want legal marijuana. I repeat DO NOT want legalization. It's just a scam to get position to fuck you all over. Don't be fooled into quasi-lagalization, it will make criminals out of you and make big business.....well bigger!

And what big business have there hands in marijuana atm? whos going to be getting bigger?

Some examples of this happening in any state? I don't see monsanto running colorados industry..

I see washington state getting fucked over by high tax rates.. But i don't see big business anywhere reaping the benefits of legalized marijuana...

And a business that has grown out of legal marijuana and become a big brand name is not the same as big business taking over, thats just pure capitalism..

Legal marijuana is coming nation wide weather anyone likes it or not, and the argument your making is hardly valid..

GW Pharmacuticals has hardly pushed anyone out of the game with there lack luster sativex spray.. And besides they hold patents on there own plants its not like out there chukin pollen left and right creating the next fucking OG...

The marijuana industry is worth billions of dollars on top of billions more...Even if big business (who?) got involved which they can't atm due to federal regulations / interstate commerce laws.. ect Theres still plenty of billions of dollars to go around.

Really the only people i feel are making that cheap argument are infact the illegal growers who only benefit from the plant remaining in an illegal state which only serves 1 side..

If you don't like the fact your products value is going to bottom on and reach an actual realistic value then get the fuck outta the game and move another illegal substance.. meths popular these days..

M

Mr Blah

WHo the Fuck are you!! Do you even live in Maine?
I do! and legalizing is not the answer, right now. The bill needs to be rewritten because we were all conned.
The way that it is written now states there is only 800,000sq/ft canopy to be distributed to the all ready, 3000+ caregivers for commercial growing. Which works out to be a bit over 200sq/ft each......Does that sound good for Maine???
Not exactly the Maine way is it?....There really is a hidden agenda with the proposal writers; allow a few large business to come and monopolize the market and push the mom and pop caregivers out of the equation (which take care of the majority of patients).
Maine does not stand for a super walleweed store charging 450-500 an/oz.

The Bill needs to be rewritten catered around the patients needs/ wants and not how much we can sell the state for.

Top Bottom