Mainlining Two Plants In One Pot?

• Thread starter Skurt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skurt

Skurt

Hi everyall! I had an idea that might save me some time and preduce a decent harvest.
So the thing is that I am superlimited to space, rocking a 2x2 tent. That, and being sick and tired of the popcorns, I started planning on mainlining.

The idea was to have two plants, total of 8 colas and one 4.2g smart pot. I guess the pot could be bigger but thats the size I got for now..
Lightning would be a HLG 135W with two supplementary bulb @ 2700k and ~1250lm each.

What I'm really asking is if two plants with 4 colas each would be a timesaver or any other advantages than a single plant with 8 colas?

Skurt out ✌

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

The only problem I could see is different growth rates between the two plants. If they do begin to grow at different rates one may outcompete the other. That is the worst case scenario, but if you are using clones from the same mom you should be just fine.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Hi everyall! I had an idea that might save me some time and preduce a decent harvest.
So the thing is that I am superlimited to space, rocking a 2x2 tent. That, and being sick and tired of the popcorns, I started planning on mainlining.

The idea was to have two plants, total of 8 colas and one 4.2g smart pot. I guess the pot could be bigger but thats the size I got for now..
Lightning would be a HLG 135W with two supplementary bulb @ 2700k and ~1250lm each.

What I'm really asking is if two plants with 4 colas each would be a timesaver or any other advantages than a single plant with 8 colas?

Skurt out ✌

Plant them in two pots set to the corners and bend them towards the middle before mainlining back toward the sides - *)* *(*. You'll be able to fit them into more soil and have less competition for light when they're small.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter

Skurt out ✌
Tried it, was no good. Roots mingled choking each other out. I actually did it with 4 plants in a 100 gallon smart pot. Limited growth immensely.

Skurt

Skurt

Yeah I had been going thru the "beds are for fucking"-thread just before I came up with this mastermindidea lol..

I've hade 4 and 2 pots in the 2x2 before but I dont wanna do that again. One pot is enough for me.
But if I scrap earlier ideas and focus on one plant, one pot, do you think mainlining with 4 colas and a shorter vegtime would be better than 8 colas and a longer vegtime. Yield contra time kinda thing

Erick31876

Erick31876

Why not mainline one plant to have 8 colas. Use a bigger pot and let the plant get as big as you can

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Tried it, was no good. Roots mingled choking each other out. I actually did it with 4 plants in a 100 gallon smart pot. Limited growth immensely.

Much better to grow plants in individual pots even if it means less soil or growing medium. I’ve seen some monsters grown in 1 gallon pots. Ok they weren’t monsters compared to outdoor plants but still way bigger than I ever thought possible for 1 gallon pots.

@MIMedGrower has some pics that show what can be done in small pots.

Skurt

Skurt

Why not mainline one plant to have 8 colas. Use a bigger pot and let the plant get as big as you can

I was thinking if 4 colas would be quicker and more massive than 8 colas. Or would the extra vegtime yield more with 8 colas?

Much better to grow plants in individual pots even if it means less soil or growing medium. I’ve seen some monsters grown in 1 gallon pots. Ok they weren’t monsters compared to outdoor plants but still way bigger than I ever thought possible for 1 gallon pots.

@MIMedGrower has some pics that show what can be done in small pots.

I dont know if you've seen this but its pretty impressive.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/beds-are-for-f-ing-small-pots-big-buds.71145/

Also check out stunted_art on IG, that's cooler than the other side of the pillow!

Top Bottom