Make your own Grow Tent Cheap!!

• Thread starter sunsimulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bcbudgie

Its a nice setup and all but any grower knows that heat and moisture cause molding in wood that would infect and kill the plants in time. Should use plastic or pvc instead of wood and reflective canvas will grow the plants faster.

U

username09

this is great. within a month i'll be building a type of enclosure in my attic. i started looking at tents but, my size is gonna have to be pretty custom. your build, not to mention your grow, is great. the only thing i'm not familiar with is the panda plastic. where can you get it at and is it really that durable? also, how light proof is it? your build has really intrigued me. i've gotta get my floor down upstairs so i'll have something to walk on instead of watching my footing on the rafters.

420Gator

420Gator

thanks for this thread bro i used this idea to close in my new room

+rep

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Great looking room you got there.

A heads up for everyone, They now sell rolls of the same material the Tents are made out of.
It is called Extreme Blackout Canvas I think it is made by CAP, it is in the new CAP Product brochure I picked up last week at the grow shop. Same silver on one side, black on the other.

A

AliasAO

Hello everyone ,, i want to show you grow tent guys a cheap way to build your own customized grow rooms !
It is very easy .. And if u pay attention to you size of room per size of wood ,, you will not have to cut lumber .. or You won;t have to cut much ,,

I built a 6 ft tall 8 ft wide x 12 ft long room ,
All you have to di is get 2x2 's for frame ,, and 1 12 foot 2x4 .. Panda plastic ,, tent zipper ,, some ceiling hooks ,,
Corner brackets ,, and 3 sheets of any type of plywood for the floor ,

I think i got around 175 bux in the room if that !

here are some pics so you guys and gals get a idea.
DSCF1334.JPG

DSCF1356.JPG
DSCF1354_Large_.JPG
DSCF1333_Large_.JPG
DSCF1335_Large_.JPG

Thanx for the info SUN. I was actually just thinking about buying a small tent for breeding/cloning but this Idea is much better and cheaper.

Could you recommend to me what size dimensions of wood I would need to buy if I wanted to build a mini 3ftx3ftx5ft tent?

Thanx

--AO

D

darkcloudy

Super clean setup man. I wouldnt mind having those blue prints if you dont mind, looking to do a very similiar setup. :harvest:

D

disciple.

Anyone have any advice *Sunsimulator? Regd?* on how to stretch the Panda tight? secrets?

Thank you in advance!!!

:)

SKUNK420

SKUNK420

Anyone have any advice *Sunsimulator? Regd?* on how to stretch the Panda tight? secrets?

Thank you in advance!!!

:)

My set-up is on page 5. It's been a while since posting on the Farm for me. Here's how I did it. First off I had a friend help, but it can be done by yourself with careful planning and patience. I started by using 3m spray adhesive on the front face of the 2"x2"x8' stud. Then we stretched out the panda as tight as possible and applied it to the top stud. Next I stapled it every couple of inches across the top. After that it was simple as spraying glue, stretching and stapling again the next edge etc... To make it as air tight as possible I used the spray adhesive to overlap the panda plastic. You can also use foil tape to go over the seems.

I was getting air for my lights from a window that was on right side the tent. Then out to the attic. The a/c went to the attic also. No carbon filter lol . Yes it did stink near the end but that place had the privacy.

D

disciple.

Thank you S420 for the tips! The 3M spray adhesive is a great idea and something I'll try here in the next day or so!

p.s. Those 2x2 table stands look awesome as well.

Thank you!

L

lord_smerk

beautiful. im about to build something like that not as big but same way. wood and panda plastic. LOVE IT!

C

CaliHighLife

Thank you so much for this info, Im new to growing so this is going to b my first grow tent. I'll make sure to post pics :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom