Making Safe Concentrates

• Thread starter ChrisP.Bacon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Simplicio

Using 190 proof ethanol (everclear) to make tincture/concentrates is safe for all but the most bumbling folks.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Using 190 proof ethanol (everclear) to make tincture/concentrates is safe for all but the most bumbling folks.

I’d still rather use a rosin press so no solvents are in play. But that’s me.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

How do you make the carts. I have been looking online and i found a bunch of different ways , it did nothing but confuse me
I will also answer..I used Shatter batter and a gram of rosin..it is smooth and easy..google it.
Oil

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Is there any flavors of the shatter batter that you recommend, or is the natural flavor good. Thank you for telling me about that
I like the Fruity flavor, but that's me (normally I don't go for flavorings in my weed, but for a change..(WTF?..LOl) @RuralFarmer just tried some unflavored Shatter Batter and he likes that too.

I have heard that some of the unbranded stuff is a bit harsh..Shatter Batter is very smooth and after a couple of months doesn't separate. Liquidizer has more flavors and I hear good things about it, but I have only used the Shatter Batter brand. (30ml makes about 10 grams of oil after adding wax etc).
Rosin is much stronger, but for me, I like this in the afternoon and mornings sometimes.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

That machine you got is really nice u shared a pic of .........can one do this process wtpithout elaborate machines? I'm gonna try to find some cheap bugs to try to do a run, I won't lie I'm seriously psyched about this process, on,y thing I've ever done is frenchy cannoli type bucket hashes, he is from my neck of the woods.
If you mean making Rosin? Google hair straightener method to make rosin..(like a $15 straightener will do..NOT to use Wifey's, if you like living..LOL)..To make the oil..you just mix the wax/rosin with the shatter batter..heat in the microwave (or double boiler), shake and enjoy..very easy. I began with GF's straightener..after she enlightened me with a right cross..LOL..I bought one and then graduated from there..I like dabbing more than the oil (stronger).

Things to remember when rosin pressing..keep temps below 220 and watch times for good results (a 30-90 second 1st press for me was good). Expect between a 10-25% return depending on material etc. Material at 62% RH + presses better.

Erick31876

Erick31876

I like the Fruity flavor, but that's me (normally I don't go for flavorings in my weed, but for a change..(WTF?..LOl) @RuralFarmer just tried some unflavored Shatter Batter and he likes that too.

I have heard that some of the unbranded stuff is a bit harsh..Shatter Batter is very smooth and after a couple of months doesn't separate. Liquidizer has more flavors and I hear good things about it, but I have only used the Shatter Batter brand. (30ml makes about 10 grams of oil after adding wax etc).
Rosin is much stronger, but for me, I like this in the afternoon and mornings sometimes.
How many grams of rosin do you use per bottle . My girlfriend and I like pineapple Express and pineapple kush. Some of the carts i have brought taste really good, and some taste horrible. Im thinking of getting the sample pack. If there is any of the flavors you want to try , i will send it to you when i grt it

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

How many grams of rosin do you use per bottle . My girlfriend and I like pineapple Express and pineapple kush. Some of the carts i have brought taste really good, and some taste horrible. Im thinking of getting the sample pack. If there is any of the flavors you want to try , i will send it to you when i grt it

Here..Google has it all..I bought mine on Ebay though..cheaper.
Snap5

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
For carts CCELL are the best I’ve found. You can use thicker oil without problems. Also make sure to get the ones with the logo etched into the metal. The others are fake and will leak and you’ll end up throwing them away.

As far as process to create the oil for the cart it’s super easy. I’ll make a few videos once I can upload them here.

You need rosin, propylene glycol, shot glass, blunt tip needle, CCELL cart, and a pan of water.

1. Put the shot glass inside the pan of water. Make sure the water doesn’t go into the shot glass. Turn the heat on low. Wait for the water to get to 160-170 degrees.

Keep the water at this temp.

2. Add a ml of PG and let it heat up.

3. Add 1 gram of rosin or concentrate

4. Mix it with the blunt tipped needle.

5. Once the rosin has completely melted and melded with the PG it’s ready to inject.

6. Suck up the solution with the needle and inject it into the carts.

This recipe will make 4 CCELL .5 ml carts or 2 1ml carts.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

For carts CCELL are the best I’ve found. You can use thicker oil without problems. Also make sure to get the ones with the logo etched into the metal. The others are fake and will leak and you’ll end up throwing them away.

As far as process to create the oil for the cart it’s super easy. I’ll make a few videos once I can upload them here.

You need rosin, propylene glycol, shot glass, blunt tip needle, CCELL cart, and a pan of water.

1. Put the shot glass inside the pan of water. Make sure the water doesn’t go into the shot glass. Turn the heat on low. Wait for the water to get to 160-170 degrees.

Keep the water at this temp.

2. Add a ml of PG and let it heat up.

3. Add 1 gram of rosin or concentrate

4. Mix it with the blunt tipped needle.

5. Once the rosin has completely melted and melded with the PG it’s ready to inject.

6. Suck up the solution with the needle and inject it into the carts.

This recipe will make 4 CCELL .5 ml carts or 2 1ml carts.
Pure PG? How's your throat? LOL

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Pure PG? How's your throat? LOL

Just fine. I’ve been making ecig liquid since 2008. So I’ve always got PG on hand. PEG400 is harsh. PG isn’t bad at all if you mix enough rosin with it. If you don’t you will cough but if you have enough concentrate you can hardly tell PG is in it. I recommend a 1:1 or greater rosin to PG ratio. But 1:1 works pretty well.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Just fine. I’ve been making ecig liquid since 2008. So I’ve always got PG on hand. PEG400 is harsh. PG isn’t bad at all if you mix enough rosin with it. If you don’t you will cough but if you have enough concentrate you can hardly tell PG is in it. I recommend a 1:1 or greater rosin to PG ratio. But 1:1 works pretty well.
Interesting..I have both on hand and when I run out of Shatter Batter, I was gonna mix some anyway, but I was told to begin with 70%PG and 30% PG..I also bought 5 different flavorings for me to play with.
I don't use the oil that much but only when I want something lighter than rosin. Makes functioning much easier..LOL

Weather here is turning about perfect for early morning hash making next week..and I have a lot of work ahead (3 outdoor plants were harvested and flash frozen after a rough trim)..I hope to be pressing out some fresh frozen hash soon..
Snap5

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
When I used 10% VG I got almost instant seperation with it so I had to chuck that batch. I tried it again at 5% and it still wanted to separate but I wasn’t about to waste it so I still smoked it. But after that I never let VG touch my suspension solution. I did try a small amount of PEG400 and that was a no go. It was way harsher. I hear using PEG400 allows you to use some VG to smooth it all out but I didn’t want to mess with it as my PG / rosin blend has worked just fine for me. Sure distillate might be even better but I don’t have a way of obtaining that right now.

Top Bottom