Male And Female Seeds

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

how many seeds do you germinate at a time if regular - example: if one germinates 5 seeds about how many would be female - 1 or 2 ?

Enforcer

Enforcer

how many seeds do you germinate at a time if regular - example: if one germinates 5 seeds about how many would be female - 1 or 2 ?
Statistically, the odds are right around 50/50. However, that may not always be the case. I have heard of growers popping 10 seeds and getting 9 males, but I’ve also heard it lean the other way too. But usually it’s about half of what you pop will be female.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

That’s why I dearly love fem seeds. More expensive, but no guesswork. Saves time, which is worth more than money.
RR1
I'm with you RR1. Fast and easy. And, I always start the seeds in the same pots they will finish in. If I was using regular seeds, then I would use smaller pots until plants are sexed. But to me, that's the old fashioned way, takes forever. :cool:

gwheels

gwheels

I have always grown fem seeds. I do have some regs i ordered by accident and I think I might run them just to see if i can get a male and make seeds. Something new to check out. Northern Lights and Banghi Haze regs (10 and 2 respectively). Now because i want them to.....they will be all female.

I like that with fem seeds 4 popped seeds is 4 females. We will have a 4 plant limit Oct 17 when it goes legal so fem seeds makes it easier.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I have always grown fem seeds. I do have some regs i ordered by accident and I think I might run them just to see if i can get a male and make seeds. Something new to check out. Northern Lights and Banghi Haze regs (10 and 2 respectively). Now because i want them to.....they will be all female.

I like that with fem seeds 4 popped seeds is 4 females. We will have a 4 plant limit Oct 17 when it goes legal so fem seeds makes it easier.
I have 10 super skunk regular that came as freebies. Someday, I "might" breed them for a big supply of super skunk beans. Lol. Same if I had your NL. I currently have 10 fem of those on hand. After years of having to sex plants and throw half of them out, I was very happy to pay the higher price for them too.

Man, I am stoned right now. I had 3 dabs about 2.5 hours ago and 5 rips off my bong about 30 minutes ago. Both the Rosin and bud from my recently harvested Hash Bomb strain. Very psychically powerful effect. Excellent for anyone with insomnia. :cool:

Oregonak

Oregonak

Hey hawkman. Plant em all! Kidding:) thought I'd add my two cents. I may be wrong but I've always been under the impression that the sex of non feminized seed is not determined at germination and is influenced by environmental (cultural) factors during the early stages of development. Ime the m to f ratio can be steered by how you treat them. Providing a hospitable, stable enviroment where favorable nutrition is present promotes high female ratios where as the opposite promotes high male ratios.

Heres a little cut and paste from clarks marijuana botany that i feel supports what i have observed.

"Many factors contribute to determining the sexuality of a flowering Cannabis
plant. Under average conditions with a normal inductive photoperiod, Cannabis
will bloom and produce approximately equal numbers of pure staminate and pure
pistillate plants with a few hermaphrodites (both sexes on the same plant). Under
conditions of extreme stress, such as nutrient excess or deficiency, mutilation,
and altered light cycles, populations have been shown to depart greatly from the
expected one-to-one staminate to pistillate ratio."

Hope alls well:)

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

In my 35 years of experience, when being lucky enough to harvest seeds from my own plants. If a female cannabis plant grows a couple or even only a very few male flowers, the available seed’s it often produces for us, if viable, are nearly always ~ 99% female. Not coincidently either, but by genetics, DNA?
This is not a trait of hermaphroditism.
It’s natures way of self prolonging the life cycle. Growing male seeds isn’t enough to continue the urge for longevity...

RedHotPoker

Leew421

Leew421

Just because it's labeled a fem seed doesn't mean that's what it is. I put down some fem Sugar cane from in house. I put down two beans and got one female and one male. He said its super rare but it happens.

lino

lino

Repairing Feminized and Hermy plants for breeding and consumption. Some day I'll find the perfect thread to lay down that lecture.

I didnt want to clog the thread with wall of text of boring scientific subject matter. I can throw down some info. But not a full lecture. Highly enlightening for breeders ( especially those working with clone only ) and feminized plants herms. Pollen slingers dont pay much attention to scientific breeding tips so I'll refrain unless there is interests in Superior muscle mass and fat loss for cannabis users and how to create fatter stickier buds . Using this regime on my body - wgt was 203 down to 155.3 lbs today, this new product is stunning.

No lab needed . You drink it and feed it to plants.

Chromosome and DNA plant repair procedures in plant and animals.
  • How to repair Chromosome and DNA is a key 1st step when consuming or breeding the clone only Feminized hermy mother plants thru conventional pollen breeding methods.
  • How to repair DNA and Chromosomes in all feminized hermy plants.
  • Which telomerase activator repaired and prepared plant and animal damage from Feminizing for human consumption?
  • Is the telomerase activator that is guaranteed be an affordable solution for plants and animals?
All of this is Now proven science stemming from my black bird in the pure wht bird cage therory, I opened the door. ppl didnt believe me about the blk pigeon in a pure wht bird cage. hold true in animals even more so. It turns out that I was correct and some cases the professors flat out lied and in others I was teaching them as they didnt understand why... Myself and others have now named this act of this science and god. From this fact we can now repair feminized plants in different stages... the procedure is easy but the science is not and should be understood to separate breeders from pollen slingers. just let me know when and where you want this science documented and i'll post as much as proprietary rights allow me to publish.

The blk bird in a pure wht bird cage is just part of the answer to this threads question;
What is the Male and Female ratio probabilities in the seedlings?

The Male of a X & Y organism will determine the offsprings Sex. Period end of debate,
Gender and hermys and Feminized,,, Thats all Gender, much of which The blk bird in a pure wht bird cage science will show us how to Start the repair for herm, feminized and other DNA disrupts in plant and or animal DNA and chromosomes.

H

hawkman

I have 10 super skunk regular that came as freebies. Someday, I "might" breed them for a big supply of super skunk beans. Lol. Same if I had your NL. I currently have 10 fem of those on hand. After years of having to sex plants and throw half of them out, I was very happy to pay the higher price for them too.

Man, I am stoned right now. I had 3 dabs about 2.5 hours ago and 5 rips off my bong about 30 minutes ago. Both the Rosin and bud from my recently harvested Hash Bomb strain. Very psychically powerful effect. Excellent for anyone with insomnia. :cool:
hash bomb very good - try their gorilla bomb , outstanding (gg#4 x THC Bomb) THC bomb one of their best strains

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

hash bomb very good - try their gorilla bomb , outstanding (gg#4 x THC Bomb) THC bomb one of their best strains
Which bank did you use for Bomb seeds? The bank I usually order from only has that strain currently. Might grow some Gorilla Bomb next year. Right now, trying to get my next one going, this time going for the other end of effects, a pure Sativa. Malawi x Panama along with some Sk #1. :cool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom