Male Female Or Hermi ?

• Thread starter Herbalise
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Herbalise

Herbalise

I might as well bring this topic up here. Should I induce 12/12 flowering time for a week in order to determine sex of the plants? Only thing is, I need to remove the males, transfer the females to bigger pots, then reintroduce the females to further veg time 18/6. The plants are 31 days old and the preflowers are of no indication as far I can gather.

The truth of it is, the 2'×3' square tent space cannot accommodate 8, mostly indica, cannabis plants for much longer.
You got it, thats what I do after about 14-19 days then determine sex trash males and revert the girls back to vegg, 35 days is enough vegg time for me all depends the space your working with my sea of green is coming already germinate my seeds about 4 days now all germinated a first lol looking good.

Herbalise

Herbalise

You got it, thats what I do after about 14-19 days then determine sex trash males and revert the girls back to vegg, 35 days is enough vegg time for me all depends the space your working with my sea of green is coming already germinate my seeds about 4 days now all germinated the first time that ever happened lol looking good.
Little alians lol

IMG 20180716 175935
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

You got it, thats what I do after about 14-19 days then determine sex trash males and revert the girls back to vegg, 35 days is enough vegg time for me all depends the space your working with my sea of green is coming already germinate my seeds about 4 days now all germinated a first lol looking good.
That's what I'll do starting tonight then. You think it will cause any complications?

Herbalise

Herbalise

That's what I'll do starting tonight then. You think it will cause any complications?
I would keep everything the same when it comes to feedings ONLY change your light cycle after 10 days check every 12 hrs for sex then revert asap after knowing who's gonna get dump or keep. Remember they will stretch double in size so be aware of your grow space, me personally i would leave them in 12/12...im not trying to distribute only for my personal medicine so getting around 60 grams a plant I'm good. Lookin good keep me posted.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I would keep everything the same when it comes to feedings ONLY change your light cycle after 10 days check every 12 hrs for sex then revert asap after knowing who's gonna get dump or keep. Remember they will stretch double in size so be aware of your grow space, me personally i would leave them in 12/12...im not trying to distribute only for my personal medicine so getting around 60 grams a plant I'm good. Lookin good keep me posted.
Good call on the nutes and 10 days sounds like what I will need to get definitive results. Last time I scrogged I ended up with two females and roughly 11/2 oz per plant. I'll do better this time since I'll be using both my led AND cfls for their final flowering schedule.

Herbalise

Herbalise

Sounds good.. I'm also trying to get 2oz per plant, I like trying new stuff lol excited about my sea of green oh the indica show his ass this morning dame plant a dude lol oh well trash it already.

Herbalise

Herbalise

Sounds good.. I'm also trying to get 2oz per plant, I like trying new stuff lol excited about my sea of green oh the indica show his ass this morning dame plant a dude lol oh well trash it already.
Did I trash this plant too early? Looks like a dude to me plus both plants were sharing the same grow bag growing side by side... Still have to read some more about growing a sativa and indica plant together in the same pot. I also had a aloe vera plant growing with them also lol like I said I like trying different stuff lol it works!

IMG 20180717 073211
Herbalise

Herbalise

Did I trash this plant too early? Looks like a dude to me plus both plants were sharing the same grow bag growing side by side... Still have to read some more about growing a sativa and indica plant together in the same pot. I also had a aloe vera plant growing with them also lol like I said I like trying different stuff lol it works!
2 in one pot idea ..my winter medicine here.

IMG 20180717 135059
IMG 20180717 133854
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Without a doubt male. Depends on what you want from it I guess. You gonna scrap it or grow it? Also are you doing some of your cultivating outdoors?

Herbalise

Herbalise

Without a doubt male. Depends on what you want from it I guess. You gonna scrap it or grow it? Also are you doing some of your cultivating outdoors?
It's already in the trash used her leaves to make some hot tea, yes I planned on going out door this week.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

So let's see pics of your females in their entirety @Herbalise XD. Also I'd like to see your cfl lighting rig and grow space. Anything like mine? The two reasons I'm following you is because you use cfls and bagseed :)

Last edited:
Herbalise

Herbalise

So let's see pics of your females in their entirety @Herbalise XD. Also I'd like to see your cfl lighting rig and grow space. Anything like mine? The two reasons I'm following you is because you use cfls and bagseed :)
Will upload pics soon

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

hermies if ya ask me. i just ripped out 8 nanners and turned them into hash. whats left are hermies. they might produce good buds with a few seeds in them...if they dont turn out to be nanners

Herbalise

Herbalise

hermies if ya ask me. i just ripped out 8 nanners and turned them into hash. whats left are hermies. they might produce good buds with a few seeds in them...if they dont turn out to be nanners
Didn't want to take any chance so I trash it.

Herbalise

Herbalise

So let's see pics of your females in their entirety @Herbalise XD. Also I'd like to see your cfl lighting rig and grow space. Anything like mine? The two reasons I'm following you is because you use cfls and bagseed :)[/QUOTE. Likewise and she's around 15in with 3 main colas I'll get around 2oz of her i will put up pics soon with the entire plant.

IMG 20180719 084130
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

On the third day of 12/12, I discovered 2 females, 2 no-signs, and the rest are possibly male. It is difficult to make the decision to throw away a plant based on the tiny specs that indicate sex. But here are the best pics of a male and female I have so far. Top is female, bottom is male.

20180720 064340
20180720 063929
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Once I know, should I immediately switch back to 18/6 or should I let them adjust on 12/12 for a bit longer?

Herbalise

Herbalise

Once I know, should I immediately switch back to 18/6 or should I let them adjust on 12/12 for a bit longer?
It's too early to tell to me, I can only see the nodes no stimpilus yet or whatever it's called grows from the calyxes be what I'm looking at just brackets/guard for the calyxe to grow behind of few more days you tell for sure maybe others can help I'm a new grower also. Hope the pic can help good luck.

Three Things Cannabis 3

Latest posts

Top Bottom