Male Sour D has female flowers

• Thread starter GP73LPC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Necromancer

Necromancer

I have for years just killed my males. An occasional collection of pollen and then death.

Needless to say I have never had a male go hermi on me.

What, if anything, might I expect from seeds. More hermis? Males? Females?

Don't think I am gonna grow it out and def not gonna breed with it, just curious...
Sounds like you got a keeper! I think you might have something very special their!

Last edited:
Tacoavenger

Tacoavenger

This topic is fascinating, until I had this happen I never even knew males could have this happen.

chillywilly

chillywilly

Greetings,
The male like the fems can get stressed, on the other hand could be the energy on our planet... sometimes nature seeks to preserve, but man has topsy-turvy what nature taken a long time stabilized.... I'm gonna seek to stabilize ....I put the pics of ms1-Dannyboy here awhile back...seeds were done 2015 from 2000 stock...maybe light leak (as with fems) , maybe similar for males...
cw

20161028 222552
M

MamaBear

I've had males pop pistils. They had viable pollen (used it to pollinate some girls) but did not pollinate themselves.
They look and grow like females, shorter node spacing, later flowering, very sticky, smelly and all-around excellent plants with massive amounts of flowers.
I call them "Pretty Boys".
They grow as males with only male flowers and pop pistils when stressed during re-veg.
I'm using one now to help increase trichome production in one of my lines.
Photos of trichomes growing on pollen sacks:
IMG 20170510 173109

IMG 20170510 173010

C

Clmvaj

Ive breen frm a male.like that b4. What I got frm the breeding was more percent female plant n little percent male plant that doesnt have pistel and little percent of the males that have pistel. No hermies (female that grow balls later on) pop up so far.

lino

lino

If anyone runs into a Perfect Flower cannabis plant PLZ let me know ASAP !
Ive breen frm a male.like that b4. What I got frm the breeding was more percent female plant n little percent male plant that doesnt have pistel and little percent of the males that have pistel. No hermies (female that grow balls later on) pop up so far.
WHat were your ratio's ? ? ? % ?

Plz provide data ! A little more detail plz..

How many plants?
Now many Male? female? herm?

Fertile , seeds inert?

C

Clmvaj

First batch pop about 60 seed. 3-4 pure male n another 2 males that have pistel. No herms what so ever.The rest r female. Idk might n my luck. most other time when I pop about 10 or so seeds n only got all females. Then if I want a male I will have to pop 2 more times or at least 20 seeds to hopefully get a male. Oh n also when I do get males frm them they r mostly male that have pistel.

M

MamaBear

I get about:
50% females that do NOT herm (I messed with them a LOT - lights, water, nutes, etc)
25% males
25% male herms (with pistols).

M

MamaBear

From Wikipedia:
Dioecious reproduction is biparental reproduction. Dioecy is one method that excludes self-fertilization and promotes allogamy (outcrossing), and thus tends to reduce the expression of recessive deleterious mutations present in a population.

Female herms have switched to MONOECIOUS and can pollinate themselves.

Male herms are still DIOECIOUS. They can not pollinate themselves.
I find the pollen is viable on other females so you CAN breed with them but the pistils are usually not viable so it's nearly impossible to get seeds off them.

Top Bottom