Mammoth P???

• Thread starter GanjaNGains
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Tried it...said they would only send to grow stores and I would have to pick it up there.
Unfortunately, my local grow store sucks, especially the staff...but that's another rant haha...
My point I guess is there is no amount of free samples that will make me want to drive into town to visit that place...
Haha
Imagine driving 150 miles to the nearest grow store, it would be cheaper to just buy it and try it.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I dont like using amazon, Ive used quite a few. Never using rogue hydro again...
Growers house is okay I guess, my first order said Growers House on the return addy... every one after said returns something?
1000 bulbs.com is awesome...

Homesteader

Homesteader

Oh stop :cry:

I am never one to support a business that sells bunk, but I don't think you are correct in regards to what this product is. Mammoth P is phosphate solubilizing bacteria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphate_solubilizing_bacteria

"Many different strains of these bacteria have been identified as PSB, including Pantoea agglomerans (P5), Microbacterium laevaniformans (P7) and Pseudomonas putida (P13) strains are highly efficient insoluble phosphate solubilizers. Recently, researchers at Colorado State University demonstrated that a consortia of four bacteria (sold commercially as Mammoth P) synergistically solubilize phosphorus at a much faster rate than any single strain alone.[3]"

The real question is why not learn how to make a better soil mix without soft rock phos and ditch the $200 products.

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

IMO if someone is using rock phos and has a large grow, this may benefit (or outdoors in a high calcareous field) but the way it is seemingly targeted at novice growers is lame in my mind as most will not benefit at all. The good news is they probably wont hurt anything with it either other than their bottom line.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
IMO if someone is using rock phos and has a large grow, this may benefit (or outdoors in a high alkalinity field) but the way it is seemingly targeted at novice growers is lame in my mind as most will not benefit at all. The good news is they probably wont hurt anything with it either other than their bottom line.
A lot of ag suppliers are trying to target small growers... this is why we have companies with (2 part) nute series that include 37 different bottles lmao

Thcreefer

Thcreefer

I was on a youtube and one of the comments someone mentioned Photosynthesis plus as an alternative to mammoth p, don't know how much truth there is to that? I had a small sample bottle of the photo + and boy did that shit stink up the place! some what up in the air about the photo + , sample size was too small to really get a feel for the product.
Photosynthesis plus wouldnt personal use it in my hydroponic system. I have tried there sample amd honestly is had almost no affects on my plants i noticed no change. Like said earlier its really heavy on the rank smell.Mammoth P is no way as stank.

ViVi

ViVi

Photosynthesis plus wouldnt personal use it in my hydroponic system. I have tried there sample amd honestly is had almost no affects on my plants i noticed no change. Like said earlier its really heavy on the rank smell.Mammoth P is no way as stank.

did you notice a visual difference using the mammoth p ? if so do you think its worth its cost from the results you got?

Homesteader

Homesteader

A better investment IMO would be just buy a bag of bone CHAR. available Phosphate and loaded in calcium....no need for PSB to convert inorganic phos to phosphate if it isn't lacking. problem solved. Under $10. Build your soil mix correctly.

Last edited:
Thcreefer

Thcreefer

did you notice a visual difference using the mammoth p ? if so do you think its worth its cost from the results you got?
I got a (2)60ml samples and tbh if i was lazy and wanted some big chances would totally spend the on some mammoth P . But in my mind i feel like i can make a bacterica blend that is majorly cheaper. Like whys in the bottle isnt a secret. They just dont give u exact ones they use; you can figure out close which species they used by the reaction of the plants. So my vote is BUY MAMMOTH P
if not start reading hahaha

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Heard of this product Elite 91 my hydro store guys refered me to this and says just as good if not better ??? And one compared the two?

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

The one I saw today was red metal container Like a coffe mug and there is a power form as well I meant to take pic but spaced

Top Bottom