Man I Feel Sorry For The Cali Cats...

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dan1989

dan1989

Just saw on Sky News that some states in Cali have started slowly rolling out the new legal recreational law. My God I hope it never ever ever happens over here in UK. I don't even want it to be decriminalised in fact. I can't imagine how high (No pun intended) the prices will be now, what with taxation etc. I would like to think that the general price will go down with the inevitable influx of cannabis into the market, but apparently not. What does this mean for the underground growers? I also read, but being early I take it with a pinch of salt, that each person over 21 will be allowed maximum 6 plants, and possession of an ounce or under will be legal. I'm no growing expert but I think I would really find it difficult to grow an ounce or less, I mean come on!

Stardusted

Stardusted

Just saw on Sky News that some states in Cali have started slowly rolling out the new legal recreational law. My God I hope it never ever ever happens over here in UK. I don't even want it to be decriminalised in fact. I can't imagine how high (No pun intended) the prices will be now, what with taxation etc. I would like to think that the general price will go down with the inevitable influx of cannabis into the market, but apparently not. What does this mean for the underground growers? I also read, but being early I take it with a pinch of salt, that each person over 21 will be allowed maximum 6 plants, and possession of an ounce or under will be legal. I'm no growing expert but I think I would really find it difficult to grow an ounce or less, I mean come on!
The ounce thing..well it keeps a leash on us..or timid,embarrassed, fearful law makers just trying to ILK..it threw..like let's make it medicine! Which I agree with..The stuff makes me feel like think I should feel.. imagine
I suspect..prices to fall.. unless the BATFE does ike tobacco..tax tax tax the old sow

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Now that we have the government in charge after passing the Tax ,regulate and control laws medicsl retail will be going up about 30% while recreational retail will go up as much as 70% above medical retail prices. True you can grow as much as 6 plants but many peoole live in apartments or confined spaces. They also have to be there the whole time , so no vacations or weekend get a ways if they grow. There also is the issue of power ,equipment and suplies . I don't see most people growing there own, let alone extra to sell. That leases black market or despenceries. Black market trails retail medical by about 30 % less. I see termoil in the market. Good for black market for the next year or more but lower prices later down the road. Consumers will pay up the butt but will save if they can grow enough and if not many will opt for street pruces. The greedy despenceries and the state will be the biggest lossers.

tdarian

tdarian

I do think if prices rise with taxation more people will try growing their own. The guy 2 doors down is going to have a garden this year. I grow enough for me and my wife, Mrs. geologic, and to gift other friends. I've been doing this for only 3 years, but one can get impressive yields outdoors with 30 gallon Smart Pots and good soil, nutrients and pest management and although it's a ton of work the results can be gratifying. I learned a lot from my friend geologic before he passed August of 2016. He would have loved the legalization here in CA but he'd be madder than hell at Jeff Sessions!

Time will tell on the "market" if it is allowed to play out. If I was in it I'd definitely be concerned as a consumer, and would likely moderate usage if it became costly, or do what I'm doing now.

geologic 2016
Image4

Enforcer

Enforcer

Current market where I'm at in Oregon, from dispensaries, is about $8 a gram for middle of the road quality. I have seen it as low as $5 or as high as $12 per gram. That is including the tax for recreational, no tax on medical. The more you buy, the more of a small discount you get for buying in bulk. You can buy up to an ounce a day. Prices also varie slightly among dispensaries.

V

viavalverde

The 1 ounce possession limit is a gray area. After Prop 64 passed, the general online legal consensus (take it for what it's worth) was the limit applied to being out in public; on the road, etc. But you were welcome to retain all the fruits of your labor. Can't sell it - but can give away up to an ounce to any one individual.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

It's just back to the way it was. The legal market is irrelevant to underground growers. Shit weed goes to the store, good stuff gets sold with no regard to the law. Its literally the way it was, but they have this wannabe weed market for people too lazy to make connects. I dont know anyone who shops at dispensaries or is even aware of them really. When I go I see losers by theirselves asking questions like it's the first time they ever heard of weed. Who cares about that market. Just don't sell over an ounce to a stranger and youre golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom