mangled, deformed and twisted leaves

• Thread starter Stumpy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

Update, turned out the leaves were dieing, some how the plants reverted back to veg, new lobed leaves grew out...

R

renlingSRO

Was that sheep manure too fresh? I have a more twisted problem than that growing outside. My soil PH was over 7 and I had added horse manure that was les than a year old. Most are back to normal but a few are budding right through twisted leaves. I have used lime juice, vinegar and battery acid in my water to lower PH but hasn't dropped that much. someone help us bothView attachment 339702 View attachment 339704

The leaves on this pic with the curled up sides look a lot like russet mites. Have you magnified and checked for mites? You'll also see rust colored powderiness at leaf bases and break points.

O

Onewomangrow

I know this is an old thread I have some wrinkling myself in a few leaves the blackberry sparked my eye bc I'm growing a blackberry dream just had me thinking about the genetic convo

Sinson

Sinson

Sorry.. correction.. I said "I'm pretty sure the pH of the dirt and the water is fine. I tested my tap water and it's at about a 6." Sorry... that's wrong. I tested it and it is high... about 7.7.

I know everybody is going to say that's the problem,... but is that REALLY the problem? i haven't changed anything and this just started lately.

Sinson

Sinson

1. I have 2 that had the SAME problem. I superset them. One is looking gorgeous, the other, I still can't find the sweet spot between temp & hum%. It's indoor. Leds in tents. Sure to herme scares I separated them. Y are they twisting? How can I correct it? Give fileted water & fertilize with storm castings. It is in organic potting mix, in fabric pots(8 & 10 gall) HELP!!! PLZE?
  2. GHOST(SINSON)

Warrioreuel

Warrioreuel

1. I have 2 that had the SAME problem. I superset them. One is looking gorgeous, the other, I still can't find the sweet spot between temp & hum%. It's indoor. Leds in tents. Sure to herme scares I separated them. Y are they twisting? How can I correct it? Give fileted water & fertilize with storm castings. It is in organic potting mix, in fabric pots(8 & 10 gall) HELP!!! PLZE?
  2. GHOST(SINSON)
My experience is as follows. First. I don't know what your humidity is but can can tell you that young plants like humid air, 50% is way too low. Young plants, seedlings, new clones I would keep closer to 70% until they get going strong. When the humidity is low the plants perspire so to speak and leave behind nutrients in a concentration that is too high. This can wreak havoc on leaves. Second. Twisted up leaves can be a tell tale sign of Cyclamen mites. Other mites can do this too but are visible with careful observation. Cyclamen mites are almost invisible. To make things worse, against your natural intuition, dry air makes the mite problem worse. Mites can not perspire on their own. When the air is humid it slows down their oxygen absorbtion because their bodies are too wet. Dry air allows them to move through their living cycle much faster. Third. I don't know if this applies to you but taking clones from a flowering plant is far from ideal. When a plant is in flowering stages it has gone through an internal hormonal change and is not concerned with growing stems and leaves. All the plants energy and hormones are being used to generate flowers (bud).
Do not underestimate low humidity. I just had perfect 2-3 week old youngsters take a nose dive and I could not figure out why. Leaves were curling and turning brown. I thought i burned them or had mites. Nope. Problem was way simpler. My humidity was down at 45%. This was a new room and I did not have a humidifier in there yet. As a stop gap fix I go in there 3 times a day or so and wet down the plants and the floor to create more humid air. Easy cheap fix and my humidity is now back over 60% and plants are recovering nicely. Lesson learned. In all the problems I have had, nutrients has never been the cause. Keep your PH as a reasonable 6 or so and use what ever nutes you want.

Sinson

Sinson

20180828 140007

My experience is as follows. First. I don't know what your humidity is but can can tell you that young plants like humid air, 50% is way too low. Young plants, seedlings, new clones I would keep closer to 70% until they get going strong. When the humidity is low the plants perspire so to speak and leave behind nutrients in a concentration that is too high. This can wreak havoc on leaves. Second. Twisted up leaves can be a tell tale sign of Cyclamen mites. Other mites can do this too but are visible with careful observation. Cyclamen mites are almost invisible. To make things worse, against your natural intuition, dry air makes the mite problem worse. Mites can not perspire on their own. When the air is humid it slows down their oxygen absorbtion because their bodies are too wet. Dry air allows them to move through their living cycle much faster. Third. I don't know if this applies to you but taking clones from a flowering plant is far from ideal. When a plant is in flowering stages it has gone through an internal hormonal change and is not concerned with growing stems and leaves. All the plants energy and hormones are being used to generate flowers (bud).
Do not underestimate low humidity. I just had perfect 2-3 week old youngsters take a nose dive and I could not figure out why. Leaves were curling and turning brown. I thought i burned them or had mites. Nope. Problem was way simpler. My humidity was down at 45%. This was a new room and I did not have a humidifier in there yet. As a stop gap fix I go in there 3 times a day or so and wet down the plants and the floor to create more humid air. Easy cheap fix and my humidity is now back over 60% and plants are recovering nicely. Lesson learned. In all the problems I have had, nutrients has never been the cause. Keep your PH as a reasonable 6 or so and use what ever nutes you want.
75°-85° & 80%-90% humidity

Sinson

Sinson

Sinson

Sinson

I have a uv bug zapper & also use worm castings, which says it works as pest control....???

Sinson

Sinson

Thank you. I don't clone. (yet) I will look into pest problem. Everything else I've learned the hard way. Hopefully I can save her. EVERYTHING I HEAR IS HUMIDITY, HUMIDITY, HUMIDITY! I have high humidity, y is this happening (typing NH hair out, if it was long)

Sinson

Sinson

Thank you. I don't clone. (yet) I will look into pest problem. Everything else I've learned the hard way. Hopefully I can save her. EVERYTHING I HEAR IS HUMIDITY, HUMIDITY, HUMIDITY! I have high humidity, y is this happening (typing NH hair out, if it was long)
I'm new with this site if I need up that's y. Thank you

Sinson

Sinson

This is the one I actually saved and is looking good now, zoom in @ the lower leaves to c where the problem was. The newer sets are beautiful (so far)

Y

Yall Farmer

I know this is an old post but I thought I'd post this that's how I found it researching . Sheep manure can be used fresh. The problem is your pH need to be down to 5.8 never go above 6.4 or you lock out iron go above 7.0 your lock out everything keep it between 5.8 and 6.4 I prefer not to go over 6.0 You can buy some NPK industries grow and bloom formula both are good product they are perfect mix and Harley Smith usually gives excellent tech-support. I highly recommend his advanced growers class. I might teach my own class as I've been developing things for about 20 years. At NPK university you learn the synergistic relationship between each thing to make it all work together to the maximum. You can have maximum yield and maximum quality . You can also use an all natural green manure product called MassiveGro

Bchbudman

Bchbudman

Was that sheep manure too fresh? I have a more twisted problem than that growing outside. My soil PH was over 7 and I had added horse manure that was les than a year old. Most are back to normal but a few are budding right through twisted leaves. I have used lime juice, vinegar and battery acid in my water to lower PH but hasn't dropped that much. someone help us bothView attachment 339702 View attachment 339704
I use PH down, mine happens to be the same type for pools,
I use PH down, same type used in pool treatments. 93% Sodium Bisulfate, only takes a little to bring water down one degree, based on a gallon. I lower the water to 5.8PH, this has helped me to keep soil at 7.0PH. NOTE I am using a home made super soil from the start, and use ONLY Fox Farms Nutrient.

Sinson

Sinson

I use PH down, mine happens to be the same type for pools,

I use PH down, same type used in pool treatments. 93% Sodium Bisulfate, only takes a little to bring water down one degree, based on a gallon. I lower the water to 5.8PH, this has helped me to keep soil at 7.0PH. NOTE I am using a home made super soil from the start, and use ONLY Fox Farms Nutrient.
Now are you talking (am I talking about sugar leaves)? Yes, does the same apply? It is only the very bottom most of the bud. I think it's just the strain bc all the leaves always straighten out when it fully forms. Kinda like the leaves are coming out quicker than the cola stem wants to extend, if you can follow? Keep pH @ 6-7 the 1st time I grew her she got fucked by a bag seed that turned out being a herme. Lol. It's Gelato Punch (Purple Punch x Gelato #33) this time things are different in many ways. I've learned the "definites" of a lot of new things, so it's kool. I just sprouted Branded Bubba. Topping, lollipoping, super cropping the shit out of her, knowing what it actually does.

20191123 091841
20191122 134819
20191122 1246182
20191120 131233
20191120 1309452
20191119 132739
20191114 110333
Sinson

Sinson

Now are you talking (am I talking about sugar leaves)? Yes, does the same apply? It is only the very bottom most of the bud. I think it's just the strain bc all the leaves always straighten out when it fully forms. Kinda like the leaves are coming out quicker than the cola stem wants to extend, if you can follow? Keep pH @ 6-7 the 1st time I grew her she got fucked by a bag seed that turned out being a herme. Lol. It's Gelato Punch (Purple Punch x Gelato #33) this time things are different in many ways. I've learned the "definites" of a lot of new things, so it's kool. I just sprouted Branded Bubba. Topping, lollipoping, super cropping the shit out of her, knowing what it actually does.
I'm waiting for an egg. But, never get one! I guess they don't lie eggs, stupid friends. Lmao"BIG SHOUT OUT TO 'THCFARMER! '

Sinson

Sinson

BIG SHOUT OUT TO 'THCFARMER'
GELATO PUNCH -
(Purple Punch x Gelato #33)

20191122 134800

Latest posts

Top Bottom