Mango Tango By Elemental Seeds - 2x Freebies Reg

• Thread starter mrgrowguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Which I did and is coming along very nicely.

May I present, "B", in all of her current glory.

IMG 1131
IMG 1134
IMG 1135
IMG 1136
IMG 1138
IMG 1137
IMG 1139
IMG 1140
IMG 1141

View attachment
Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Actually, yes, it was an idea that was sparked by this ole sticky (excerpted):

When I read that, I was on the toilet at work and so was my brain at the time, on that is. So I figured, chances of a specific 24 hour cycle being so permanently ingrained in the DNA of the plant, that it can't be tampered with is a tad on the astronomical side, I would say. But what if, just what if the plants could veg longer and still get their 12 hours of night night time. And even if the experiment failed at first, maybe the seedlings can be coaxed into a 32 hour day from birth, maybe this would help. And what about the case of some people's plants (like all of my vegging plants) that have only been exposed to 24 hour (100% of the time) light. So a 24 hour thing is only a change in the weather to them, maybe.... Sorry, I just had a bowl of inspiration a few moments ago too.

In case it is a new idea, I shall call it the flower span, as a measure of light between flowering cycles of 12 (or more? Hmmmmm...) hours. So, I was thinking about running an 18 hour flowering span on a run, maybe next indoor season, I only have one more wave left before it gets too hot.

pm sent :)

And why not a pic, to end the post. Not to devalue the perspective, but the pic is very close up. The buds are still filling in the gaps and look like they will be connecting to finish with a decent sized cola, I hope.

View attachment 500734

I also was curious on light schedule manipulation, how would the herb turn out if you flowered with 11on/13off or 13on/11off. DJ Short always said if the herb is grown in its original origin the flavor characteristics are best displayed. The day light is not always perfectly 12/12. What would happen if you were to bloom as slow as possible instead of as fast as possible how would the quality be? So much to learn lol

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I also was curious on light schedule manipulation, how would the herb turn out if you flowered with 11on/13off or 13on/11off. DJ Short always said if the herb is grown in its original origin the flavor characteristics are best displayed. The day light is not always perfectly 12/12. What would happen if you were to bloom as slow as possible instead of as fast as possible how would the quality be? So much to learn lol

Very funny you ask, I actually saw what DJShort said too and I run a 11.5 on, 12.5 off schedule right now (I wasn't sure I wanted to go only 11 on, so I went half way). Have been all season. This season was a start from scratch as far as my stable goes, so it was a first for every plant up until now, I am re-running my Underdawg OG that tasted great and was very potent, but I burnt her and think I can do better this time. And she took a great beating and still did not hermie! Very big plus for me. Speaking of, the sad looking plant in the #3 size pot that shows up here and there in my pics is a re-vegging GSC clone I grabbed from a local shop that I had/have doubts of its true lineage, but the result was out of this world tasty. Like a bread/wine/rotten-grape flavor that just coats the tongue. I only took one clone and lost it, had to re-veg to keep her. And keep her I will :) (also no hermie on this one either after being nute stressed and re-vegged!)

edit:
Oh yeah, the point... I definitely see differences in phenotypes, but I cannot guarantee in any way that it is due to the light schedule. Once I get more experience with my keepers from this season's hunt, I will likely have a better sense.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
I'm always thinking :rolleyes: I think lol it's not just light manipulation but environment. What other terpens are in the air in the surrounding environment the herb plant will pick up and create it's very own character from that origin. Like for example the original Kauai electrics has a taste of passion fruit, guava, lemon lime soda. That's the smell of my grandfathers house there on Kauai lol it's kinda trippy. But if I were to grow it in Cali, most likely would smell/taste different.

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

It almost looks like mine is identical to yours. I'll be working on uploading some pics this weekend!

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

Working on it just bear with me :P haven't uploaded pics since AIM was hott lol

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

lol see im working on it. Ill have many more to upload. Id show my male but hes hurting very bad. When I flower him for pollen and stop neglecting him ill post one up.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

lol see im working on it. Ill have many more to upload. Id show my male but hes hurting very bad. When I flower him for pollen and stop neglecting him ill post one up.

Those look great! Pretty much the same structure as mine, but I might have stressed mine a little more, I'm getting discernible orange hairs with lots of new white hair bundles. I'll post a pic tonight or tomorrow, class tonight.

What day of flower were those pics taken? Good to have direct comparisons.

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

I couldn't tell you truthfully. I can tell you she is about 5-6 weeks in. When I run her from clone I'll count her days. She grew large flowers fast and can keep going for awhile!!

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

She is not yielding very much, this round. I think seeding two whole branches and the few open air seeds here and there may have confused a bitch. It could also be entirely me. As usual, I think I can do better. Next time I run her, I think I will get more out of her. She still has some time to go, I will need to check the trichs to get a better idea. She smells extremely wonderful though. And I think she might fatten up a little in the next week.

IMG 1253
IMG 1255

Last edited:
TurtleTree

TurtleTree

Yup once your plants get knocked up they get lazy on calyx production and more energy goes to growing the fertilized calyxes . I think your plant looks killer!! Have you ever touched any of the pistils with your fingers or rubbed them on a wall by accident while moving her?? That is always why my pistils turn red and shrink early. What's she eating for flower? I used an oz of Neptune's seaweed and fish to kick flower off. Also I feed 20ml of ionic bloom every 3-4 days. I rotate 5ml of tigerbloom with the ionic each feeding. Left over synthetics for this grow Lol had the stuff for 2 years and it still works awesome!

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Yup once your plants get knocked up they get lazy on calyx production and more energy goes to growing the fertilized calyxes . I think your plant looks killer!! Have you ever touched any of the pistils with your fingers or rubbed them on a wall by accident while moving her?? That is always why my pistils turn red and shrink early. What's she eating for flower? I used an oz of Neptune's seaweed and fish to kick flower off. Also I feed 20ml of ionic bloom every 3-4 days. I rotate 5ml of tigerbloom with the ionic each feeding. Left over synthetics for this grow Lol had the stuff for 2 years and it still works awesome!
Thanks for the knowledge! I've learned to hold off pollinating, now, until after selection, lol. I just wanted to make sure I had seeds from these, since I only had two seeds to start and never know if my parent plants will survive the heat of summer.

The seeded branches look like they are going to give me tons of seeds. One branch is mt x mt, the other branch is mt x Chemdog 91.

I'll go over my feeding when I get a chance. At work now, and I just got a bunch of new things compliments of 55 hydroponic. I got about $1200 worth of nutes for free. They treat me very well there!

Kinda feel badly since I only bought about thirty dollars worth of stuff that day.

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

My feelings on grow shops are a bit strong. 5 years ago there were maybe 3 shops in my state. Now they pop up a dime a dozen and all want outrageous prices. Its pathetic. They all refuse to hear your plight and love to push useless products. Few good ones around but a majority are snake oilers..

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

My feelings on grow shops are a bit strong. 5 years ago there were maybe 3 shops in my state. Now they pop up a dime a dozen and all want outrageous prices. Its pathetic. They all refuse to hear your plight and love to push useless products. Few good ones around but a majority are snake oilers..

I completely understand, I feel the same. I'm pretty happy to have found a good supply place so close by.

Here are some pics of the MT "A" x MT "B" branch: THIS is where all of her energy went! I didn't realize it took off so much, and it was just a mid sized branch. Entire branch seeded.

IMG 1266
IMG 1268
IMG 1269

Latest posts

Top Bottom