Mango Tango By Elemental Seeds - 2x Freebies Reg

• Thread starter mrgrowguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TurtleTree

TurtleTree

How many days you at. I believe today is 8 weeks for me. I'll throw up a pic tonight. For you to check it out.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I think I'm a week ahead of you. I'm watching for trichs to change, but they are just beginning to show some amber here and there. The heat wave and pollinating may have set mine back a little from what I was expecting. I've also realized I have been over watering a bit which didn't help any (still getting used to organic soil). But hey, step one... admit you have a problem :) Sorry, notes like this help me for the next time.

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

I'll post up progress this weekend as I did not have much time tonight. You are at least a week ahead of me. Notes are important for getting things right! They help speed up the process of learning exponentially!!!! I have notebooks filled with pages of past grows/random ideas/ anything I thought worth saving. I have not had as much interest in recording the past year I'll be getting back on that soon! Your grows on here all look great. I don't think your tango was set back much just a little stressed at times which is no different than any other grow. No one has a perfect run. All my trichs are cloudy headed at the moment. I will probably chop her this weekend. Then starts the loong reveg. I cant wait for a run of mango tango solely very happy with her size so far.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I'll post up progress this weekend as I did not have much time tonight. You are at least a week ahead of me. Notes are important for getting things right! They help speed up the process of learning exponentially!!!! I have notebooks filled with pages of past grows/random ideas/ anything I thought worth saving. I have not had as much interest in recording the past year I'll be getting back on that soon! Your grows on here all look great. I don't think your tango was set back much just a little stressed at times which is no different than any other grow. No one has a perfect run. All my trichs are cloudy headed at the moment. I will probably chop her this weekend. Then starts the loong reveg. I cant wait for a run of mango tango solely very happy with her size so far.

Thanks! Given the initial growth I had the first 3-4 weeks, I think this one could actually put out some size. I look forward to seeing yours. Even with stress, my MT is at least twice as weighty as my chems. Though, those chem's (the two that didn't hermie with moderate stress) smell and look like very nice dank (both nearly identical sativa leaning phenos). Since I have been dialing in my soil and feeding/tea regiments, my AK and my re-run of Underdawg are looking great, proving I'm on the right track. Summer is going to suck waiting for the temps to get low enough again, but I can't wait to start up again. The [other diary] Tangerine Power is going to be my last run for this season. Though I mentioned earlier, I do plan to put at LEAST one clone of this Mango Tango outside. I bet it does nicely.

Side note: I pinched my male MT "A" to top one of the taller clones and noticed it left a distinct peach smell on my fingers. Very happy about that. It almost smells more peach-like than the female. Honestly, I can't wait to pop the (AK-47 x mango tango) seeds brewin' on the AK because of it. Too many things to do for one guy on a budget, lol!

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

The male I have has a light smell to it. Peaches or similar. The female smells lightly of rotting fruit and earth. Cannot wait to taste her.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I think I am going to be taking her down real soon.

IMG 1329
IMG 1330
IMG 1331

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I took one branch down to trim and sample. I think it may be a bit too early still. We will see in a few weeks from now.

note: there were four stray seeds on this branch from sloppy pollinating. But she took two heat waves, being seeded on two branches, being 4 feet tall in a #2 size pot, insufficient nutes, and over watering, and no hermie! Crap, I did a lot wrong by her, I bet she is great another time around. Super sticky too, not slick like the resin on my chem plant, thicker. Smells great, fruity in a semi melon/peachy way, more fresh than rotten. Though my fingers had a more spicy fuel background from holding the stem... Very interested to see how this one tastes. I will be waiting another week for sure before taking any more down.

IMG 1347

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

She has that tangie taste!!!!next time I run her I'm bringing her 10 weeks minimum. I knew I was cutting early. Should have waited about 2 weeks but I needed room.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I think it will be about 10 weeks for me too, once I take the rest down.

Thanks for the input!!

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

So, I have starting to smoke the sample I snipped on 5/5 and I cannot speak for the flavor just yet. It definitely has flavor, just clouded with that uncured harshness taste. BUT I can say that the hi I got off this plant was one I haven't had the pleasure of for a while. Unlike almost everything I have smoked in the past 2 years, my whole body felt super relaxed but not couch-lock body. And definitely not sleepy, clear and energetic if anything. My main medical use is my back, especially after surgery and the muscles, I could feel them actively loosening up. It was GREAT. The high was pretty damn strong too, I only had a very small snapper and it did a body good!

I just wanted to share.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Lol, just a hint of what the cure will bring, but I get a more fruity taste on the inhale and a much softer, almost peach like taste on the exhale. The beginning is definitely not peach to me, but it finishes with a long lasting on the pallet, peach aftertaste.

Will give more specifics once it cures better. May even wait till the main batch finishes. The sample was taken too early

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Taking her down. I let her go super long and with all of the crap I have thrown at her, she is very stable. I only hope my male produces offspring as stable as this one. I bet when I run her without stressing her, she will be an awesome plant. She smells the raunchiest of all of my plants this whole year. Like feet + rotten fruit + tiny bit of that pleasant skunkiness. The sample I had really made me happy with the result, even though this plant isn't my favorite to look at, I am excited to try her.

IMG 1492

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

Mango tango was a fun experience :) I'm privileged to have had someone else run the same as I. Thanks for everything you have posted and letting me chirp in!

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Mango tango was a fun experience :) I'm privileged to have had someone else run the same as I. Thanks for everything you have posted and letting me chirp in!

Thank you, very much!

Here are some pics of my first seed harvest of things I actually plan to run at some point in the near...

There was something extremely gratifying about making my own seeds, seeing each bean and imagining the potential. :)

IMG 1502 IMG 1503 IMG 1504 IMG 1505

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I just trimmed the top 5 or 6 buds and found (what I quickly counted) 50 unauthorized beans. Will save for a rainy day :) But does explain the lazy calyx fattening. The resin is definitely something else. When I was trimming, I actually got a very pungent diesel smell - all up in my nasal. But it is a strong smelling plant. Not one to have if odor control is a problem. A little airy so far, but again that could be from all the seeds that set on this plant.

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

Nice mine wasn't so stinky but I didn't take her 10 weeks. Like what I got at 8. I'll let you know how 10 works out

Top Bottom