• Tagged users None
Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Didn't AN already do this?

Great first post!
I got a bridge to sell ya.

DudeGRows

DudeGRows

Don't need a Bridge......I posted this in the Denver area since our Podcast is based here. AN (Advance Nutrients) always pushed their own product using a variety of media, most of it BS. I am pushing in what I use in my garden and products I believe in that work for me. Thanks for the reply though!

summitoker

summitoker

I heard you on jdr a while back.....will check out the new show!

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I just love listening to 'electricians' telling me to spend money :)
Episode #13

"If you have 1 or 2K thats when you need a mini-split."
Sounds like Big Mike, just selling other shit.

Don't get me wrong, minisplits are great. But if you are running less than 10kw. You don't NEED a minisplit, you want one.
And if it's 40deg outside and you're running an AC???
Just get a a pump, a couple radiators, an IBC container and some anitfreeze....Colorado provides. Work with nature, Colorado is an expensive state to heat/cool.

1kwh = 3.5k btu/hr...So if someone air vents their hoods (you can pull from outside and vent outside), then that 2kw system turns into closer to 4k btu/hr tops...Window unit suffices, a lot cheaper.

Plenty of info on these sites to modify a window unit and not have these 'problems' the electrical salesman cites.

Listen closely and you'll hear the electrician explain why insulation/thermal displacement is better than heating/cooling...
Your electric bill will thank you.

Electricians are bad about 'upselling'.

Short order is the info on this site is more accurate and abundant than your 'experts'.
This show is just going to make NOOBs waste more money on shit they don't need for their grow.

BTW, a window unit can even be modified to cool water (however one may wish to upgrade the heatexchanger to double walled, for safety sake.)

"This took me some time to figure out"..."If you go too tight, you can break the seal.."
Experts! I think they covered this in shop class.
What's in a name? A rose by any other name...

@31:19 Is called 'covering your ass'...I agree, overkill is underated. But btus don't change with humidity. 1kw doesn't become 4.4kbtu/hr... He should just say he oversizes everything by 25% so it never has to run at 100%. Or that if humidity is X% then you are heating and cooling a greater thermal mass as you have to account for the water mass suspended in air. BTUs don't change however. Just the amount of mass to change the temperature of.

Sorry, bud. But I doubt resume backs the claims.
Did you move here for MMJ or MJ?
Checked your room for Fungus Gnats? That can be that spotting on your leaves.

Last edited:
Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Oh, and every bend in your HVAC will substantially reduce your CFMs, especially the 180 plus turns.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Here I come bumpin 3 year old threads again! Growers Love, DGC!

Top Bottom