Marijuana Tied To Hypertension Risk (ha,ha,ha)

• Thread starter indicabush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indicabush

indicabush

Marijuana use may be a cause of high blood pressure, a new study reports.

Researchers studied 332 deaths among 1,213 people participating in a larger health study, of whom 57 percent were marijuana users. They had used marijuana for an average of 12 years, and the longer they used it, the more likely they were to have hypertension. The study is in the European Journal of Preventive Cardiology.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/21/well/live/marijuana-tied-to-hypertension-risk.html

Study link: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2047487317723212

Ha,ha,ha...ah I'm sure pastries and other delectables had nothing to do with this.

MT.4Lready

MT.4Lready

making fat jokes over a published study when being overweight/obese is just one factor to having high blood pressure.
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-pressure/basics/risk-factors/con-20019580
mayoclinic online said:
Various conditions and medications can lead to secondary hypertension, including:
  • Obstructive sleep apnea
  • Kidney problems
  • Adrenal gland tumors
  • Thyroid problems
  • Certain defects in blood vessels you're born with (congenital)
  • Certain medications, such as birth control pills, cold remedies, decongestants, over-the-counter pain relievers and some prescription drugs
  • Illegal drugs, such as cocaine and amphetamines
  • Alcohol abuse or chronic alcohol use

It's retorts of the reptile brain that make for terrible comedy, but also it impedes education.
I exactly agree with you that the controls for the study may be questionable, and also an uneducated decision.

But for the sake of other people not in the know, but still have high blood pressure. maybe this report has more merit than some satyrical mindless witt to counter the arguments that weed doesnt do bad things to people. It's wrong, there are risks with everything, and because weed has not killed people or popped eyeballs or uprooted with a book in hand and began professing laws of the land, doesnt mean it doesnt have potential to have risks with people who are sensitive, at any stage of their lives young or old.

Thanks for the article. it is considerably more important than your opinion exclaims it probably is. When I read it, I take in to account the same questionable idea of the controls being totally wonky, and maybe only taking in Fat people for the study. Though it's the researchers doing the study that are worth paying attention to for their contributions, but also sharing it here has been very helpful too, so thank you for that too.

Education needs to do its business without convicting it of fraud or being part of a rigged game let an individual decide that whilst immersed in the content. We need to start somewhere if cannabis is going to step out of this nonsensical battle of right and wrong, legality and control.

I think the study could have had better controls, but also it wasnt exactly clear what the population was like. Im also skeptical, but it's worth reading for people with other issues of high blood pressure, other than being fat.

mortality file: Barbara A Yankey said:
We controlled for cigarette smoking (non-smokers as reference), gender (female as reference), age (25 years and below as reference), race/ethnicity (non-Hispanic Whites as reference), having health insurance (not having health insurance as reference), alcohol use (not having had five drinks or more on some days in life as reference), diagnosis of hypertension (no diagnosis of hypertension as reference), or CVD: angina, heart attack, congestive heart failure, or coronary heart disease (no diagnosis of CVD as reference), education and body mass index (BMI), were controlled using continuous increasing level. Age was dichotomized as 25 years and below, or above 25 years. Research shows the age cut-off point associated with illicit substance use, smoking, and heavy alcohol consumption is 25 years.24 The interaction factor between smoking status and marijuana use status was not significant in the survival model, so the interaction factor was excluded.
They tried something anyway..

Last edited:
indicabush

indicabush

making fat jokes over a published study when being overweight/obese is just one factor to having high blood pressure.
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-pressure/basics/risk-factors/con-20019580

It's retorts of the reptile brain that make for terrible comedy, but also it impedes education.
I exactly agree with you that the controls for the study may be questionable, and also an uneducated decision.

But for the sake of other people not in the know, but still have high blood pressure. maybe this report has more merit than some satyrical mindless witt to counter the arguments that weed doesnt do bad things to people. It's wrong, there are risks with everything, and because weed has not killed people or popped eyeballs or uprooted with a book in hand and began professing laws of the land, doesnt mean it doesnt have potential to have risks with people who are sensitive, at any stage of their lives young or old.

Thanks for the article. it is considerably more important than your opinion exclaims it probably is. When I read it, I take in to account the same questionable idea of the controls being totally wonky, and maybe only taking in Fat people for the study. Though it's the researchers doing the study that are worth paying attention to for their contributions, but also sharing it here has been very helpful too, so thank you for that too.

Education needs to do its business without convicting it of fraud or being part of a rigged game let an individual decide that whilst immersed in the content. We need to start somewhere if cannabis is going to step out of this nonsensical battle of right and wrong, legality and control.

I think the study could have had better controls, but also it wasnt exactly clear what the population was like. Im also skeptical, but it's worth reading for people with other issues of high blood pressure, other than being fat.

Have A Magical Day...Ha,Ha,Ha

sixstring

sixstring

Maybe thicker skin will help you here.
Please save reports for more serious problems,thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom