Mars Hydro Or Unit Farm

• Thread starter angelina
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PassTheJ

Looks interesting, do they say whos diodes they are using? Looks like a competitor to the QB120 but at a higher power. nice...

Dee

That would be cool if I could afford their stuff. A lot of folks growing their own do not have the budget for that cost entry point. Yes, Fluence is a good company and is really leading the industry but I think the Quantum systems and COB's are just as capable.

Here in my state if the government didn't make it so expensive and hard to sell surplus I would have an income stream to pay for a $1500 light. As it is I built a very versatile fixture for exactly half that cost (about $1 per watt). I would have bought a Spyder system a long time ago if it was more affordable. I think a good way to look at the cost of LED is in $/watt ( a watt being the true draw from the wall).

The other cool thing about Quantums and COBs is they can be built in a modular fashion. I built my fixture then added 3 or 4 COBs at a time as budget allowed and within a month or so I had a light and I didn't have to drop $750 in one day to get it started. These systems as people have mentioned are just so easy to assemble it is ridiculous.....its barely even DIY.

Dee

Poppycock.. if you have a $1000 cell phone... You can have a 550.. We're not talking about Jim the pensioner or Jake in 10th grade..

It's all preference and priority unless you're Jim or Jake.

Then I sincerely apologize.

F

farmyield

Like others have said. Don't waste your money on mars hydro. Either go with COBS or QB. Even the led strips are a better option and they are pretty cheat and cover a wide area.
I had a viper 450w and just bought 2 qb288s and im upset I ever spent money on that light.

Oh,really?It is recommended by my friends,and some of them had a not bad harvest already,so I would like to try it by myself,I am confident that I can get a good harvest the same with my friends.

Thanks for your advice anyway,I also would like to try your recommend when I have time and enough money next time,I like to try new things.:cool:

P

PassTheJ

Oh,really?It is recommended by my friends,and some of them had a not bad harvest already,so I would like to try it by myself,I am confident that I can get a good harvest the same with my friends.

Thanks for your advice anyway,I also would like to try your recommend when I have time and enough money next time,I like to try new things.:cool:

Bro.. I'm proud of you.. Lol.
Listen.. Burples are fine.. You'll get product and yeild you can be proud of. I defend my burples simply because they work. They might not be the best or even good comparable to today's LED lights but they work.

BUT..... Everyone is right though..

I get .7 Grams per Watt with 65w p sq ft of burple.. That is considered very good. I've been using burples for almost 3 years have gotten very comfortable with my technique.

In contrast, 30w per sq ft of QB or COB light will get me 1.5 grams per watt.

So almost half the watts for twice the yeild with far superior quality. That's a HUGE difference.

3 years ago, your plan would be considered totally practical but today, you're sort of on the end trail of burple tech especially with COBs..

Good luck, you'll be happy no matter what you buy as long as it gets you what you need.

F

farmyield

Bro.. I'm proud of you.. Lol.
Listen.. Burples are fine.. You'll get product and yeild you can be proud of. I defend my burples simply because they work. They might not be the best or even good comparable to today's LED lights but they work.

BUT..... Everyone is right though..

I get .7 Grams per Watt with 65w p sq ft of burple.. That is considered very good. I've been using burples for almost 3 years have gotten very comfortable with my technique.

In contrast, 30w per sq ft of QB or COB light will get me 1.5 grams per watt.

So almost half the watts for twice the yeild with far superior quality. That's a HUGE difference.

3 years ago, your plan would be considered totally practical but today, you're sort of on the end trail of burple tech especially with COBs..

Good luck, you'll be happy no matter what you buy as long as it gets you what you need.

Yeah,bro,I will see how the babies work with the mars II 900 LED.Actually I have huge confidence in the LED market especially the maturity of led technology in recent years.I will get the pics posted as I can.

P

PassTheJ

Yeah,bro,I will see how the babies work with the mars II 900 LED.Actually I have huge confidence in the LED market especially the maturity of led technology in recent years.I will get the pics posted as I can.

Best advice about burples.. Don't stress the plants. You'll get better product faster if you just water and feed them properly. Give them a topping one time over. Once you start trying to do cool stuff, you instantly register your burple limitations.

Straight grow is the way to go..

F

farmyield

You will do fine with that mars 900. i have a wimpy mars 300. got almost 4 oz off 3 small plants.
Thing is you gotta do what you can with what you got.
Thank you, good job with the mars 300,I will be more confident,I will do my best I can .

F

farmyield

Best advice about burples.. Don't stress the plants. You'll get better product faster if you just water and feed them properly. Give them a topping one time over. Once you start trying to do cool stuff, you instantly register your burple limitations.

Straight grow is the way to go..
Really nice advice ,thanks,they do need to be carefully taken care of,and I agree topping will help them grow much better and strong,so let us witness how are they going?

Bannacis

Bannacis

You're always going to get the peeps that say this an that is crap..try this an this. Take it all in and do what you can with what you got. It wont be long before you got some experience under your belt. and you are more comfortable with your grow. Upgrade when you are ready and can afford it.
Keep it simple, if you do change things up. just remember what you did so if you have problems you will be able to correct them quickly.
Keep it fun and don't sweat the small stuff, your plants can sense bad juju, so convey the love to them every day.lol
enjoy and good luck

A

Aolelon

You can buy the Chinese versions of quantum boards from Alibaba for cheap.

F

farmyield

Oh,bros,just received the email from mars that they begin the 4/20 promotion,cupon code "jennifer" will get 10%,good luck:smoking:

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Oh,bros,just received the email from mars that they begin the 4/20 promotion,cupon code "jennifer" will get 10%,good luck:smoking:
Mars usually has a 10% off sale ALL YEAR LONG (Google GC and RIU Mars codes)!! They really are marketers from hell IMO. Poor products (maybe the newer ones are better as in COB), and BS to the max!

F

farmyield

Mars usually has a 10% off sale ALL YEAR LONG (Google GC and RIU Mars codes)!! They really are marketers from hell IMO. Poor products (maybe the newer ones are better as in COB), and BS to the max!
Oh,really,I used one code before and it seems only 3% discount,can't remember it clearly.But as for me ,with a discount can save a few dollars to tens of dollars,better than the original price,right?:)

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Oh,really,I used one code before and it seems only 3% discount,can't remember it clearly.But as for me ,with a discount can save a few dollars to tens of dollars,better than the original price,right?:)
YES..REALLY!!
Look here 1st

https://www.sayweee.com/coupons/mars-hydro

Then go to a few "OTHER" forums (one has been down for weeks now), and search for Mars Hydro discount code.. Not really worth shit, since the lights suck, but WTF..you want them SOoooo......

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Oh bro,the website seems great,regardless of mars hydro now,so I can find out the coupon code of other stores or products through it,right?
You can almost always find better discounts by searching google as well as forums that you belong to..I have saved a ton using these "hidden" gems..

BTW, Seriously check around about Mars ..Their QC and CS is really not good at all. Almost any cheapo LED can grow one plant successfully..just that many do it BETTER!!..Good luck with your grow.:)

Like right here!
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/mars-hydro-having-issues.84183/

F

farmyield

You can almost always find better discounts by searching google as well as forums that you belong to..I have saved a ton using these "hidden" gems..

BTW, Seriously check around about Mars ..Their QC and CS is really not good at all. Almost any cheapo LED can grow one plant successfully..just that many do it BETTER!!..Good luck with your grow.:)

Like right here!
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/mars-hydro-having-issues.84183/

What you found are genuine "hidden" gems,now I have it too.:happy:

Oh,so what LED will you recommend?

I believe there will be some luck and probability components,how about Mars warranty?After all, we can't expect the product to never be broken,I prefer there will be someone help me out timely when need,and never destroy my little girls.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

What you found are genuine "hidden" gems,now I have it too.:happy:

Oh,so what LED will you recommend?

I believe there will be some luck and probability components,how about Mars warranty?After all, we can't expect the product to never be broken,I prefer there will be someone help me out timely when need,and never destroy my little girls.

Yes, I think Mars will honor their warranty (sometimes they just send parts and expect you to repair it yourself), but why bother? Read up on the LED threads here. Most recommend the COBs and/or HLG Quantums.
If you ask here and mention your grow space, budget, etc..there are many here far better than me to help you out. Personally, I have switched out all my own Burples for Quantums except the Unit Farms UFO80 (way better and pricier than Mars)..That UF light is a beast and their CS is top shelf as well. I think I would not buy another burple light today however, knowing what I learned this year. Luckily my others (Meizhis) sold fast and I got out while the getting was good..HLG has a 3 yr warranty and their CS is also Top Shelf..never have heard of a Quantum board blowing a diode up yet:)

BTW: Meizhi is the same price line as Mars and has much better CS and products too..(problem is they all use those cheapo Epistar LEDs (Mars has some Cree COBs now))

Top Bottom