Massive Bloom By Green Planet

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Just passed week 5, and I'm cautiously optimistic that this stuff, is indeed the balls.
These plants are swaying heavily in the breeze from the weight of the buds already, and they still have 3-4 weeks left. Theyre just fat as hell, extra frosty, and extra stinky. Looking like im going to yield 30% more at least if this keeps up,.. fingers crossed. The platinum cookies is looking like half pound plants with colas almost the size of my forearm already.

Interesting because I've grown this one bubba plant for many years, so it's fairly obvious to see the marked increase in resin production and bud size. Even the stems are bigger and super strong, they're like bamboo poles themselves lol.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So week 6 is done, and I decided to pull massive from the mix this week. It seems to have done an excellent job of increasing flower size but I'm noticing the buds look slightly unusual, since I've grown them many times and know what shape they generally take. It's looking like using massive from this point on will indeed lead to foxtailing and delayed ripening if I carry on with it. So I like it yes, but it seems there is a bit of experimenting to be done. Looks like it's best used in weeks 2 through 5. I'll be running a low dose of floranova bloom with some added potassium sulphate for the next feed or two then just water till the end.

Ill update again as I get closer to chop time.

umop apisdn

umop apisdn

what ever happened? what's the consensus? i just got a bottle of this, going to use it a little in veg to get some height and then just the first 4 weeks of flower. seem like that would work out? (at like 10ml per feed)?

mikeross

mikeross

what ever happened? what's the consensus? i just got a bottle of this, going to use it a little in veg to get some height and then just the first 4 weeks of flower. seem like that would work out? (at like 10ml per feed)?

@Dirtbag I'd love to know if you're still using this product and if so, have you tweeked the way you're using it.

I'm thinking of incorporating this in my feed schedule. You still running it from bud set to end of week 5... half strength? No issues with drippers or sitting in a res for upwards of 3 days? Does it do anything to the PH? Thank you!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
@Dirtbag I'd love to know if you're still using this product and if so, have you tweeked the way you're using it.

I'm thinking of incorporating this in my feed schedule. You still running it from bud set to end of week 5... half strength? No issues with drippers or sitting in a res for upwards of 3 days? Does it do anything to the PH? Thank you!
I've stopped using it actually. But really only because I ran out and didn't want to buy more lol, I don't worry too much about the small increase in yield I'm missing out on.
Half to 3/4 strength from week 3 to week 6 is when I'd use it though. Use it too soon you get leggy plants and too late you get foxtails and nanners. But it does work really well at increasing flower mass.

TheMaverickFarmer

TheMaverickFarmer

I can only agree with Dirtbag, I also use Massive on a regular basis and for sure it will mess your plant up if used too much/too late. I personally hit em hard the first couple of weeks of flower with 10ml-15ml gal respectively, I do DTW (recommended dose from GPN is 5ml/litres!? start week 2 thru week 7) and I drop it to 5ml/gal until end of week 5. That's plenty more than enough imo. If you have a large plant already going into flower..in a tent, watch out eezy peezy on that stuff
Good luck

mikeross

mikeross

I've stopped using it actually. But really only because I ran out and didn't want to buy more lol, I don't worry too much about the small increase in yield I'm missing out on.
Half to 3/4 strength from week 3 to week 6 is when I'd use it though. Use it too soon you get leggy plants and too late you get foxtails and nanners. But it does work really well at increasing flower mass.

Does the increase in flower mass come at a cost for flower density? Foxtails scare me lol especially the ones that make your crop look huge, massive and swollen only to realize at harvest that your blown out weed has no real density or weight lol.

TheMaverickFarmer

TheMaverickFarmer

That's what my top buds looked like when I used too much Massive... I call them Frankenbuds
Screenshot 20220205 053834

mikeross

mikeross

That's what my top buds looked like when I used too much Massive... I call them FrankenbudsView attachment 1213845

Yeah man, not cool. You can make that work if you are hand trimming but if you run your crop through a twister for example, its gonna shred all those blown out tops. This happen to me once, slightly worse than the example you posted, although the bud in that photo aint too bad. About half the tops in my room were effected. Took 4 times longer to trim and the finished bag didn't look good at all.

Think I'm gonna give it a go and follow the application rates suggested in this post. If you watch your buds closely daily and ease into the dosage you should be able to spot any weird growth and at least stop it.

mikeross

mikeross

Buds in the photo were in week 7... you can see all the new white hairs and airy growth. This run was actually by biggest yield ever per SF but the buds, although smoke awesome, just lacked the bag appeal which pretty much made this batch worthless in Canada.

20211206 000643
20211206 000402
mikeross

mikeross

That's what my top buds looked like when I used too much Massive... I call them FrankenbudsView attachment 1213845

What week is the plant in the photo? Did those white hairs on top eventually turn color of did they stay white? When this happen to me I chopped down the room at day 72, bud were finished according to the trics but the entire room was all white hairs.

TheMaverickFarmer

TheMaverickFarmer

Week 5 on the first picture
IMG 20220205 083840498
this bud was a lower bud that I let go about a week longer than my tops. Still white hairs on them

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

I agree that in my experience the new pistils in late flower never turn dark. You can force it with a bud wash though if you really want to. I'm growing only for concentrates and always do a lazy trim so bag appeal isn't a concern to me.

I switched to this product if you are looking for something cheaper and without NPK that you can add to other nutrient regiments (also organic if that matters to you).

I have no evidence but it seems to work just as well and cause the same issues if misused (and same bag appeal issues).

Top Bottom