Maximizing Yield

• Thread starter ThePro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Scrog is no way to increase yield. It actually kills ur grams per kilowatt hour in most cases.
If you have one small grow light and three plants youre gonna pull alot more from a scrog than from growing three trees under one light. If you are running a 10k gavita room then a scrog would probably waste your time.

G gnome

G gnome

Can you elaborate? Generally curious
Absolutely. So first off im not knockin scrog or trees or any big plant techniques but imo they r best in situations where the limiting factor is plant count for example legal grows in Michigan where the max plant count guys can have is 72. The best way to have a larger operation and still stay within ur plant count is to obviously grow bigger plants but in order to do that ya gotta spend a lotta resources (time, money, effort) to get plants to those large sizes thus decreasing profit margins. Its much more efficient to grow more, smaller plants. U have a faster turn around time, cheaper to grow, (less time money and effort) . Not to mention the longer something lives the more likely it is to die.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Absolutely. So first off im not knockin scrog or trees or any big plant techniques but imo they r best in situations where the limiting factor is plant count for example legal grows in Michigan where the max plant count guys can have is 72. The best way to have a larger operation and still stay within ur plant count is to obviously grow bigger plants but in order to do that ya gotta spend a lotta resources (time, money, effort) to get plants to those large sizes thus decreasing profit margins. Its much more efficient to grow more, smaller plants. U have a faster turn around time, cheaper to grow, (less time money and effort) . Not to mention the longer something lives the more likely it is to die.
Bigger plants bigger yield. All depends on how long you veg. Turn around time is nothing compared to small plants that produce popcorn buds. Just my opinion.
IMG 1204
6 footers heavy.

G gnome

G gnome

Bigger plants bigger yield. All depends on how long you veg. Turn around time is nothing compared to small plants that produce popcorn buds. Just my opinion.View attachment 7139196 footers heavy.
Its all about grams per kw hour man. Idk what ur talkin about w popcorn buds on small plants why wud a plant have less dense buds cuz its smaller.
Turn around time makes all the difference btw by the time someone grows out a big tree and flowers it another guy cud do 2 s.og. crops.
Theres no money in vegging plants. Not to mention all the space dedicated and electric u have to dedicate to growin big plants. If im getting 2 gpw w a 2 wk veg and ur getting 2gpw w a 10wk veg then whos making more money, growing more weed, harvesting more crops per year, utilizing more square feet for flowering buds?

Still cant get over what u wrote about popcorn buds....? U end up w more larf w bigger plants actually

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Are you saying a scrog with 3 plants under it would yield less than three plants growing with no training? And if so where do you get your facts?

I like to have 4 bushes per 600w in a 3.5'-4' square.

I bend and tie a preflowered (35-45 days or more) in the first 2 weeks of flower to promote branching during stretch.

The 4 plants under each light in my room are spaced a week or two apart and I wasn't trying to maximize yield but learn to grow and train/maintain container plants better as a first concern have yielded 24 oz in one month of harvesting / rotating the perpetual. And I rotate the plants around the room as I water them to get a complete spectrum on all. ( mh and hps at this time).

If I left them alone and simply trained them to fit the space would a scrog beat the yield? It has to at least beat my record if I didn't move them and trained them all for best exposure. It's right about a gram per watt now. Honestly an average of .8 or .9. :-)

Here is what it looked like when it was a plant per week.
IMG 6261

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Its all about grams per kw hour man. Idk what ur talkin about w popcorn buds on small plants why wud a plant have less dense buds cuz its smaller.
Turn around time makes all the difference btw by the time someone grows out a big tree and flowers it another guy cud do 2 s.og. crops.
Theres no money in vegging plants. Not to mention all the space dedicated and electric u have to dedicate to growin big plants. If im getting 2 gpw w a 2 wk veg and ur getting 2gpw w a 10wk veg then whos making more money, growing more weed, harvesting more crops per year, utilizing more square feet for flowering buds?

Still cant get over what u wrote about popcorn buds....? U end up w more larf w bigger plants actually
Larf? All depends on how you maintain your lower canopy. Personally I do not get larf, I trim it out.

fatawa

fatawa

this is so true g..every word.i love to grow scrog,looks super cool,super uniform,carpet of weed..but if were talking cash s.o.g. is the right way.i hav to do s.o.g. to push out wat i need.it wud b too hard to time multiple nets into flowering each wk.cud u imagine 8nets??fuck that.shove 8-12 under 1khps ea wk,pull each wk eventualy.thats a true commercial growers style

G gnome

G gnome

this is so true g..every word.i love to grow scrog,looks super cool,super uniform,carpet of weed..but if were talking cash s.o.g. is the right way.i hav to do s.o.g. to push out wat i need.it wud b too hard to time multiple nets into flowering each wk.cud u imagine 8nets??fuck that.shove 8-12 under 1khps ea wk,pull each wk eventualy.thats a true commercial growers style

U know what man....thank u sincerely for being reasonable and objective. ....more ppl are more interested in justifying their methods instead of having a rational conversation on the matter. One of my best buds from the farm here (mittenmedgrow)( the real one) have had this conversation on more than one occasion. He runs a 16k room and grows big trees in an effort to stay within his plant counts and has sed that if plant counts weren't a factor he wud be runnin a plantlet style method because of all the aforementioned reasons. Trees have their purpose, r fun to grow, and r def impressive to look at but are by no means efficient from a purely commercial/production standpoint. Its not a matter of opinion its plain common sense

fatawa

fatawa

U know what man....thank u sincerely for being reasonable and objective.
a its just one of those things g..wen yur right yur right(imo).if u can keep a monster alive to grow scrog(which does take more kno how,again just my opinion)then u will breeze thru s.o.g. cause who cant keep a plant alive 2months???dnt knock it till u try it.it WILL pay the bills...

Its not a matter of opinion its plain common sense
lol.my reasoning at first was plant count cuz im tech illegal right..so i figured worse case senerio i get pinched..telling judge i had 10 plants sounds better then 40 right??not wen they go by weight!lmfao.they weigh the whole plant since the whole plant is illegal.roots n all!!a few people may hav seen my pics n my roots weigh(in scrog) what 5 whole plants weigh n s.o.g.

Top Bottom