Maximizing Yield

• Thread starter ThePro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Im not callin u a liar or nothin. Id just like to see some data. Fwiw i veg mine out some too. Im not flippin clones. I like to let em get established a lil. Depending on strain i veg for 2 to 5 wks and top 1 or 2 times b4 i switch to 12/12.

Well I'm sure you are using clones from a mature mom. I grow from feminized seed for variety and to stay in count.

I have a PDF of the book but I would have to read through to find it. Ed tested and documented just about everything being argued about on these forums years ago. Even darkness before harvest and far red light as well as finding uv-b increases thc.

He said the longer he vegged the plant the higher percentage of thc. If I have time I will find and excerpt for you but I highly suggest you read the book if you have not.

And again I was not arguing about the validity or results of your method. Just sharing some of my perspective. :-)

T

ThePro

nice. out of curiosity, what influenced your decisions regarding venting of the greenhouse and what sort of monitoring and controls were utilized?
It's a connelys greenhouse, not much automation yet. Don't have it fully programmed until the next run. I use the ridge vent so the heat can rise and escape. Over in nor cal it gets to 112 degrees in the summer. For now I just have it hooked to the brain and I have to go and manually turn the dials so the ridge and the sides can open, as well as fans. Next run i plan to have it more automated.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
It's a connelys greenhouse, not much automation yet. Don't have it fully programmed until the next run. I use the ridge vent so the heat can rise and escape. Over in nor cal it gets to 112 degrees in the summer. For now I just have it hooked to the brain and I have to go and manually turn the dials so the ridge and the sides can open, as well as fans. Next run i plan to have it more automated.

yes, and what influences your decisions regarding venting?

T

ThePro

The weather lol. Extreme heat and humidity at times. Venting keeps the air moving and minimizes mold. (In my case)

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Its all about grams per kw hour man. Idk what ur talkin about w popcorn buds on small plants why wud a plant have less dense buds cuz its smaller.
Turn around time makes all the difference btw by the time someone grows out a big tree and flowers it another guy cud do 2 s.og. crops.
Theres no money in vegging plants. Not to mention all the space dedicated and electric u have to dedicate to growin big plants. If im getting 2 gpw w a 2 wk veg and ur getting 2gpw w a 10wk veg then whos making more money, growing more weed, harvesting more crops per year, utilizing more square feet for flowering buds?

Still cant get over what u wrote about popcorn buds....? U end up w more larf w bigger plants actually
1/2 gal Coco dtw for the win! At least that's where I'm working to. Right now I'm vegging for a little longer while I dial in and hone. Currently use 3 gal pots but now that I'm automated it will be more plants in 1/2 gal dtw.

Freshone

Freshone

yes, and what influences your decisions regarding venting?
Papa he has no idea,he's an 18 year old laboring for someone else for minimum wage and posting pics of their op,not his.When they find out he's using those pics and claiming it as his own she's gonna be pissed and he will be back working at taco Bell!

stiffneck

stiffneck

People are hitting 3lbs a light indoors. Thats a real statement. The thing is you have got to dedicate years of your life reading and futhering yourself.

Dont buy the hype that organic is better than salt or vice versa. Rule #1 dont be a ignorant grower.

The plant doesnt know what is from animal by products or from a hydroponic fert. Science proves that.

You want to pull some outragous stupid dank that makes a room reik just opening a jar, so damn sticky your scissors are wothless because they gumed up from resin glands?

Here is what you do. Read these forums there is good info there is alot of bad info. You read something you dont know you get on google and read. You have to know science,biology, and micro biology.

Most importantly you have to know if a plant is pissed off hating life, or happy and content. Only way is to make mistakes, your going to kill plants. Every mistake is a lesson.

It takes years to learn to grow. I have grown over 20 years and will tell you I dont know squat. Can I write a 100 page paper on bacteria, I proboly can. Thing is you have to always keep learning and moving foward. There is no short cut,no easy way. Take what info you find here then dedicate yourself to the science in the ag industry. All our information that is crucial to growing is taken from there.

Every mistake is a lesson. :)

Would not have the lessons without the mistakes.

Top Bottom