MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I think Seamaden moved to Southern Cali last I heard. Yep been doing this stuff awhile now. Always so much work ! Be glade when I can get back to breeding seriously .

dextr0

dextr0

Man you never stopped...I swear I remember you in the camper giving us constant updates about weathering out a storm when you first started this thread I remember sending good vibes and same time wondering why the hell doesn't this guy go....it was suspenseful I'll tell you that...
Always kind of admired the way you did all that solo.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Been working my ass off. Greenhouses nearly repaired and two of them have the soil all worked and ready to plant. Some of the plants are showing sex now and with in a week or so most should be showing sex. Nearly have the camp fire safe and looking to do road work soon. Need to cut back brush and repair the back road with my tractor to have a second escape rout incase of fire. Somehow I need to get time to clean out the spring as it is getting over grown with algee and reeds . So much to get caught up with but making progress.

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

nice .. Pre 98 Bubba :-) awesome they all germed for you... Not too long ago I was kind of in your neck o the woods.. was in San diego for a few days.. Went to Help my Wife drive in-laws back from Arizona,so we flew into
San Diego,then rented a car to drive and drop in Arizona... where they were .. did 6 k Miles round trip in about 10 days.. that was a Bit much.. lol and just as i remember the Desert is an aweful place.. Motels in the SOuth are Very Dirty nasty filthy places..i recommend avioding them :-) glad your still kickin it out there .. and sounds like things are getting well squared now! look forward to those Pics...

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

Kids took me out to eat at a nice Buffet for fathet's day. Ate way to much prime rib. But somehow ended up my blood sugar was 95 . Had a slight reaction to my diebetic medication .
Happy Belated Fathers day.. sounds like you enjoyed it.. :) except for the reaction.. diabetes is not a nice thing ..

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got 32 females so far and planting them . Many are still not showing sex. I might have to put them in the office Trailer under 12/12 to force sex. Only got 6-7 males out of 59 plants so far. It's late to plant but the plants are large and I never have enough room in the greenhouse by Fall pictures when I get it all caught up. Working my but off.

U

umpquacrafts

I too have been working my butt off this year keeping the ladies happy. are you planning on working with any ABM this year?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Mostly working with pre 98 Bubba, purple voodoo, Caughdrop kush x cherry pie x sherbert cookies. May add a couple more if I got room.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Pictures soon. Had to drain my 1000 gallon water tank to fix a leak. Now I need to catch up fetching water. Kind of hard with renters always parked in the way.
I also need to fill my mix yank and start an other batch of tea.
I got tired of waiting for the rest of my plants to show sex and desided to just plant them. I'll have to keep a close watch for males and pull them before the let go . A little more than half are female and expect as much as half of the others to be males. 60 plants in the greenhouses though. Already hitting the plastic in places.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Blow out . Managed to get one load of water today is all. Used it to start a batch of tea for the girls. I should be able to gettwo maybe three loads tomorrow if my feet aren't hurting so bad. Going to be getting a hot spell and realyneed allmy tanks full, even the tank on the truck if I can. Better to fill up now than wait until it gets real hot and try to catch up then.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Spent the day cleanung up the garden puttinng minerals ,trace elements and chicken manure pellits in the soil. Doing some house keeping and caring for my pets. Relaxed a little. Heading to town tonight as it is hot during the day in the valley.Need some supplies. Looking at tak8ng pics in the morning and then back to fetching some more water.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I took some pictures of the garden this morning but not sure how they turned out. Camera was showing low battery at the time and now is dead. I don't have replacements. Can't transfer them to my laptop ether. Going to town for my A1c blood test and Dr.'s appointment so will pick up new batteries as well. May have to do more pictures. Went late last night and wasn't able to biy a new lock or cutting tool to get into my root sellar and need to start looking into reducing this season's product befor I end up with an other season's product on top of it. I should have about 70+ units all weighed out and sealed up. I also need to check them all for weight again. Lots to do , always.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My adventure maybe on going. Have my 10 acres under a rent to own contract over three years. Put an offer on an unimproved 2.4 acre property and it was excepted. The smaller property has a grandual slope to the west and becomes unuseable but is on the ridge at the top leaving about 1.5 acres usable. Covered in forest with a ton of firewoid to be cut. Access would be year -around though. Would need a well,septic , pad and drive as well as fienced.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Put off my blood test and Dr.'s vist untik later in tbe week so didn't go to town. Need a new lock to my root cellar because I forgot the combonation and the batteries to my camera. I did find a pair of batteries but they may not be good ether. I'll try them in the morning and if working post pics of tge garden if possible. I'm rushed to get as much done in the cool of the early morning and late afternoon while it's cool to work , but I'll try to fit it in. Going to water with tea , empty my tank of water from the truck and fetch one or more loads. All kind of other small chatch up projects as well.

Top Bottom