MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The road is done ,I`m in with the trailor and the generator is working good.We are still running for water but hope to have time to explore for water soon.Time to get the rest of the clones and then soil.Plants are in 5 gal pots and taking full sun so they are fine for awhile in the pots.QWhen I get um all up I`ll take some more pics.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I found a creek close enough to fetch water.Working on the water wagon today and soon as we can fetch water I`ll need to start planting.We have lots of stuff to do fixing up the camp.My buddies trailor needs dug out so he can turn it around and get it up to the landing,that way we are all in one spot.My trailor needs leveled the sewer dug and the water tower put up to gravity feed the fresh water tank,ect but it just a fun camping trip if we don`t put the plants needs first.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh my son took me to Isalton or what ever for the Crawdad Festival for Father`s day.I had a great time,four bands playing swamp music and lots of food and booths, ect. It was on the delta South/West of Sacramento. Nice country down there.

B

blaze 1

sounds like everything is coming along good and all good thing take time .so what strains you going to be running?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Not alot has been happing but thought I`d make an up date. Oh and by `happing ` I mean of any value. I did get the soil here. My partner learned that Whisky and GF problems don`t always mix as well as wished. He isn`t here anymore. Seems he got his hart broken and tryed to hang himself from a tree. Got cut down before he could pass out and fell down a bank onto the road about 15ft on his head. The Drama had been building for about three days. I took him down the hill and to Mental Health for awhile. The day before that I took a hike down the road they were working on clearing and stould in my creek. Very thick with old growth trees and to much shade there but still the property is nice. It was an easy 2 & a half mile hike in and a steep 2 & an a half mile hike back up to the landing.I found one of the courner markers with my plot number on it. Forgot the camera though.

Freak

Freak

Breeder
Supporter
Mark, We missed ya at the cup brother....maybe the next one
Peace
Freak

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Would like to have been there,seems every activity that happends is when I have lots going on anymore! Also seems like for as much as I have going on all the time I should be getting something done! LOL! Still on the mountian. last night had to shoot a round off to scare away a bear.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
OMG I`m so sick! Mosquitos all evening and went in the trailor to get away from them only to find an infestation of fleas.I sprayed a whole bottle of 40% deet spray everywhere and ended up spilling half of it on me! I`m so sick now and can`t get krap done this morning,been up all night! Next year I`ll be more prepared. This year I`ll get what ever done I can.My partner is feeling better and is now a few inches taller.His GF is gone thank God! This is an adventure! I`ll take Six flaggs for the next one! One neet thing is I got up at day break and went out side to up chuck.All the trees around the upper landing were full of butter flies,Monarc`s, it was beautiful despite everything else!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well as if I didn`t have enough going on to contend with now I hurt my back! Never did that before. Every time I bend it just so it hurts like a hot ice pick is stuck in it. Not sure what you do for a sore back. just rest it I gess. Going to take a trip down to the valley today to pay bills and get some supplies. It`s so hot down there so not going to stay longer than needed.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Well as if I didn`t have enough going on to contend with now I hurt my back! Never did that before. Every time I bend it just so it hurts like a hot ice pick is stuck in it. Not sure what you do for a sore back. just rest it I gess. Going to take a trip down to the valley today to pay bills and get some supplies. It`s so hot down there so not going to stay longer than needed.

swimming - will losen you right up bro

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
OK I tryed ice and it didn`t help,no place close to swim but not sure with my back I might sink anyway. I have a hot pad somewhere but couldn`t find it. Desided about all I can do is lay around,no choise.I`m not against taking it easy,but I just have so much to get done! Isn`t there some way to put off an acking back until next week (or two)? I`ve tryed Norco,Tylenol and Soma but it only helps a little. Going to try a hot/cold shower tonight.It doesn`t really hurt until I bend my back. Seems everything requires you to bend your back though.

J

Jsän

OK I tryed ice and it didn`t help,no place close to swim but not sure with my back I might sink anyway. I have a hot pad somewhere but couldn`t find it. Desided about all I can do is lay around,no choise.I`m not against taking it easy,but I just have so much to get done! Isn`t there some way to put off an acking back until next week (or two)? I`ve tryed Norco,Tylenol and Soma but it only helps a little. Going to try a hot/cold shower tonight.It doesn`t really hurt until I bend my back. Seems everything requires you to bend your back though.

pinched nerve or disk issue. (does it feel like your spine? or further out into the surrounding tissue?)...what part of your back?

find some hippie chick (you can pay them with smoke)to give you a back massage. Meds will only mask the pain bro.

the ice pick pain sounds like nerve pain for sure.
can you gently stretch the area? (need to be creative with that)

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I think a combanation of rest and stretching has helped a great deal.Still sore but was able to do about 50% more today. It was my lower back and seemed like shooting pain when I got in the right possistion.Didn`t seem to matter if I was lifting or just slightly bending with no added weight. Anyway it`s much better today.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I got everything watered ,fertilized,sprayed with Neem and Spinol bacteria this morning.Used a tea with grow guano, alfalfa, seaweed,and other goodies.The medium is 4/5 uncle buds mix with the reast topped with 28/80. Used almost 7 yards of medium in 18 gal tubs and 18 x 60 inch wire rings linded with landscape fabric. I`ll take more pictures in a few days.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Looks like I will need to water every other day. I watered this morning so should be good until day after tomarrow. Never ending trips to the valley are getting me behind all the time. My partner had his Bronco break down on the road into the property and block the road in. I`ve been down 5 times trying to get the right parts for him to fix the dam thing and It`s getting old. Of cource I`m also paying for all the gas as he is broke. $40 bucks a shot round trip. I know it`s not all his fault and we need his ride as a back up anyway,just saying.He also has helped alot though.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Here`s the latest breaking news! My partner`s Bronco is now fixed and running but while getting water with a trailor he hurt his leg. We were trying to get it unhitched from the truck when he got his leg under the tung and it came down on his leg instead of a piece of firewood.I was able to lift the tung up long enough for him to pull his leg out somehow and it`s not broken but his hip is hurting him very bad now and his ankle is swellen and black and blue. Our other helper took off for two weeks to visit family in Mexico.

It`s turned cold this week and although small, most of the plants are going into flower.Won`t be that much bud on them because of this next Fall.So much for funding the project next spring.I also can`t start seeds for a seed run because it`s to late in the season and to cold for them to get started. I just wish things would start going my way for awhile! Maybe I should look into selling some of the timber or even do some gold panning on the creek back there and see if I find something? WTF couldn`t hurt anyway!

Don`t know where I`ll go for Winter but, I`ll be back earlyer next Spring and plan on putting in 99 plants next year. It should be easyer as so much of the equipment and supplies will already be up here to get started.If it didn`t snow and rain so hard I`d stay through the winter here.

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Damn Mark that sucks bro. Tell your freind to Get Well Soon and Ill pray for him. Thats gotta suck. Poor fugger.
Keep your head up man. Sorry to hear your having a rough time. Things will get better. Looking forward to snatching up some of your genetics!!!!

S

spiderman

love this adventure of yours markscastle. have you looked at any rain-water capture and store ideas? haulin water sucks!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
There isn`t any water on the landing where I`m at but down the road and on the property there is a fair size stream that starts at the top of the property in three springs. I`m just working to get the road into the center of the property this year.I`ll need to make a bridge over the stream when I get to it. The road graveled,landing, septic,water tank and system,greenhouses,ect. will all take time and money to put in.I figured two or three years of work,then maybe a cabin instead of an RV would be nice. It`s only about 30 miles from a paved road ,mostly dirt 4x4 roads and a small gravel USFS road near the HWY But it takes hours to travel for supplies. I get ok cell ,internet,and some local TV stations from the landing. It`s home for now.

Top Bottom