Meakanu’s 2nd Grow

• Thread starter Meakanu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Meakanu

Meakanu

Figure id get this started sense their under way.
All that cuts I took to clone made it, all 30 plus lol! I ended up giving some away and culled some also. Kept at least one from each plant I have in flower, Legacy OG, Alpine OG, Lilikoi and Cheasel. One from each of the three pheno’s of the Legacy OG also. Popped a few regular beans of Truffula tree and Mad Hatter also.
I’m only going to Keep 5 lucky Lady’s from this lot to go into flower. Will make the final cut after I see how the ones in flower turn out and after sexing the Truffula tree and Mad Hatter seedlings.
Got a 2ft by 4ft grow tent set up in my shop. It’s pretty exposed to the out doors their so I got to keep a close eye out for bugs. But was my only option of where to put it. Also don’t have any control over the tempiture and humidity, lucky live Hawaii though haha.
The light I’m using is a 4ft fixture with T8 LED 5000 daylight bulbs.
Got everything in a CoCo perlite mix.

Sense my other plants won’t be done for atleast 6-8 more weeks these will be in veg that whole time.
Guess that’s about it.

Meakanus 2nd grow
King Julien

King Julien

I'd love to be able to just visit there if round trip tickets for two people plus lodgings and food didn't cost 3000 bucks or more from where I live.

Although if I could chose a place to live outright I think it'd be Hawaii. My grandfather spent time there during WW2 and was sold on it. He brought back hundreds of postcards, dozens of picture and travel books, and lots of slides. After looking through it all I've gotta say I'm sold too.

Junk

Junk

I'd love to be able to just visit there if round trip tickets for two people plus lodgings and food didn't cost 3000 bucks or more from where I live.

Although if I could chose a place to live outright I think it'd be Hawaii. My grandfather spent time there during WW2 and was sold on it. He brought back hundreds of postcards, dozens of picture and travel books, and lots of slides. After looking through it all I've gotta say I'm sold too.
I have seen many beautiful places in my life. And Maui is in the top 5. It's cool that half the island is tropical climate (humid) and half is desert (dry).

@Meakanu you said you don't have a lot of control over temp/rh. What are your temp/rh? The plants look good.

Meakanu

Meakanu

I have seen many beautiful places in my life. And Maui is in the top 5. It's cool that half the island is tropical climate (humid) and half is desert (dry).

@Meakanu you said you don't have a lot of control over temp/rh. What are your temp/rh? The plants look good.
I’m not sure, my only thermostat is in my flower room. But I know our lows have been about 70-72 and highs 80-85. Not sure on what the RH has been.
Idk if Im even going to get a thermostat for my veg tent, won’t be able to adjust temp or RH anyway. But I guess it would be good to have Incase I start seeing any issues to help figure out what’s going on.

Dunge

Dunge

The ability of cheep electronics to accurately read humidity should not be ignored.
Every action you take can have an influence, so knowing if you are high or low allows you to be sloppy with the water or adjust the vents, depending on the influence you wish.

Maui is the best island for snorkeling.

Meakanu

Meakanu

Conducting a little experiment.
Both these clones were cut on the same day and both are in the same medium and from the same mother.
I’m going to feed one my normal store bought nutrients.
The other I’m going to feed my homemade mix.
If this works out then I’ll be able to save myself a lot of money atleast during da veg stage.
I made myself a little over two gallons of home made Fish Hydrolysate, process took about two months but maybe a hour of hands on work.
Anyway from the research I’ve done it seems that most Fish Hydrolysate’s have a NPK around 2:3:0 - 2:5:0 so I’ll have to supliment some Potassium into my fish mix. I’m going to do this with hard wood ash.
Both will get the same amounts of other additives like Cal-Mag and Silica.
Ok let’s see how this go’s!

2A1FB090 D4EC 4B67 B2A2 C5AA9A8A6007
Meakanu

Meakanu

Not much to report. Doing what plants do. I’ve started playing god with them already, doing some topping and pruning.
The side by side experiment plants are on the far left of photo. Right now they seem neck and neck, so far so good for my funky fish juice!

2C08385D C67B 4C6E 9D9C DF5EE89F3315
Meakanu

Meakanu

Over all the seedlings and clones are looking good. However I think I might be getting a defecancy of some kine. Looks a lot like magnesium defecancy but I’m seeing it more on the upper leaves and not as much on the lower leaves. I’ve also been feeding Cal-mag in my nut mix da whole time.
Any ideas?

A7818FCB 5C7E 4405 9E0D 7C462960E5CE
1E0EB096 2F2D 4233 B6C1 B1ACCBF173C8
Enforcer

Enforcer

I agree with magnesium deficiency. I would suggest a tablespoon per gallon of epsom salt with your next few feedings Some of your leaves look dark green, I would limit the cal-mag as it is a 2-0-0. The extra nitrogen will make your leaves that dark green color, and could eventually lead to N toxicity (the claw). The plants looks very strong, just needs a little dialing in.

Meakanu

Meakanu

I agree with magnesium deficiency. I would suggest a tablespoon per gallon of epsom salt with your next few feedings Some of your leaves look dark green, I would limit the cal-mag as it is a 2-0-0. The extra nitrogen will make your leaves that dark green color, and could eventually lead to N toxicity (the claw). The plants looks very strong, just needs a little dialing in.
Rajah! Right on, will do. thanks for taking the time to reply! Aprecate it bro

Meakanu

Meakanu

Verdict is out and my funky fish mix needs some work! I’m going to discontinue the experiment because the results are clear. But I’m not giving up on making my own veg nuts. I just need to tweak it a little and try again.

7F0CE565 2DC3 4867 AE07 DBB79E14DDD6
Meakanu

Meakanu

Update on 2nd grow!
Seem to have gotten the mag def under control! And everything’s looking good.
I got rid of three chiesal clones, two Legacy OG clones and the Alpine OG clone. My friend is going to grow them so I can get clones later if needed.
The Mad Hatter and Truffula tree seedlings are coming along. Need to sex them ASAP because I’m quickly running out of room in my little Veg tent. And I only plan on keeping one of each strain.
Two of the seedlings have started showing me somthing but I can’t ID it. I’ll atach a pic group of each and maybe one of you can?
That’s about it here, Aloha!

4247EC67 291D 4CC0 9725 A82C36078375
6F009585 1E43 498E A9F9 8F385E14D7A2
68DE41AA 4B7B 460C 8EA8 B8C7BF96C32A
Top Bottom