Med cards

• Thread starter pimpin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
I was wondering how and what do i need 2 apply for a med card.i was going 2 visit my uncle in cali and he is trying 2 get one i am just tryng 2 ask for him any info appreciated thanx

L

Lost

For one I think you have to show residency for the Cali card. Besides, as soon as you get home it will be useless...

W

wantaknow

but you have to have a card to buy seeds at a club ,I want to ddo the same thing ,so i can score some of swerves gear

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
yes i know it will be useless it not for me im just asking for my uncle he lives in cali.

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Firstly, your Uncle needs a Doctor's Recommendation that is current.

Secondly, he takes the Original Doctor's Recommendation to the Department of Health for the County where he resides, for example, Riverside County. They will then charge him $153.00 for the card which is sent out to him Registered Mail.

He must sign for the mail; this verifies that he actually received the Card.

Technically, it's a card issued by the state, however, to obtain one you must go through the procedure explained above. The card is only good for one year. It is up to the cardholder to make sure the card is re-issued the following year by taking the same steps.

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
BTW. as far as you're concerned....your dead. As advised by the others before me, the card is only good inside the state of California.

E

edux10

i think you could get you card in caill if you just moved and havent got your ca id yet. they may tell you to bring a utility bill or whatever but i dont think they would turn you away. your card isnt good outside of cali, even in other med states you need to get THEIR card...

D

DazedNconfussed

Firstly, your Uncle needs a Doctor's Recommendation that is current.

Secondly, he takes the Original Doctor's Recommendation to the Department of Health for the County where he resides, for example, Riverside County. They will then charge him $153.00 for the card which is sent out to him Registered Mail.

He must sign for the mail; this verifies that he actually received the Card.

Technically, it's a card issued by the state, however, to obtain one you must go through the procedure explained above. The card is only good for one year. It is up to the cardholder to make sure the card is re-issued the following year by taking the same steps.

A state Card is optional, all you need to buy meds from clubs is your doctors recomendation. To get a doctors recomendation they will ask you to bring in perscription bottles of med your currently on, they will require a state ID, and thats about it. Just find a cannabis doc in your uncle area and call them and ask what to bring with you so you have no problems....

A

alexander

I had thought about this too! I am a med card holder in CA and my father is a med patient in WA. When he was visiting it was a bumber to have him wait in the car while i went in and picked out meds for him! If he had more time i would have simply took him to the dmv and have him apply for a state id using MY current add! I think it takes about two weeks for that to come in the mail meanwhile they issue a temp id w/ your pic on it! And then a trip to the free clinic just so he could show proof of a doctors visit, that is all i needed to show my physician in order to receive my card for one year.

L

Lost

You can use the temp DMV liscence, I was at the clinic and saw it done..

A

alexander

Also i would like to state that i respect california law and i am not condoning anyone try to illegally obtain a ca med card! I just think if your a med patient in one state you should be able to access your meds in any state that is on board with medical cannabis!! I have also thought about the fact that if it was that easy some of our beautiful states most needy patient's might suffer from the lack of meds being bought out by a rush of outta state card holders coming to enjoy the fruits of california's labor! But i dont know? I think everyone should have access to high quality meds!

The Joker

The Joker

Cost of California Card $ 153 .

Cost of DJ Short Cocoa Kush : $ 135
Cost of Sannie Seeds Killing Fields : $ 47.36
Cost of Chocolate Rain: $30.44

Seems like a no brainer to me.

You can get a med card in CA for conditions like near accident traumatic syndrome, or Playstation finger.

A

alexander

Very true joker but so far my card has only cost me $105.00 and when i renew it will only be $45.00 in LA! $45.00 a year so i can exercise my right to enjoy cannabis regardless of how serious my med conditions may be!

The Joker

The Joker

I thought the thread was about how someone from out of state could get a card to buy seeds. That was why I wrote my post. I read it again and someone.s uncle, who is an actual California resident wants a card.

My card + my wifes was 300 bucks. I'm in the wrong county.

I believe in medical cannabis, and am helping my wife with chronic pain and a friend with a relapse of a brain tumor. But you also hear people talking about getting cards for the results of their bad choices which they call an illness. I have a friend prone to depression. He got better by quitting pot smoking, which is a depressant and taking responsibility for his own choices in life.

I believe you should be able to grow and smoke weed simply because you enjoy it without having to make a weak excuse . That insults the people who really need it as medicine.

No offense intended. Good luck getting the card.

A

alexander

And heres a real scenario , I am 28yr self employed without health insurance! and so when my ps3 finger really starts to hurt lol, i have to resort to an un-recommended amount of over the counter painkillers or have my girlfriend obtain some of her mothers many prescribed painkillers which make me very nauseous and tired. This is a problem because i mostly medicate while working, since work causes the problems. I have to sit for extended periods of time and in most cases awkward positions! Cannabis helps me to take way less or none of the non prescribed to me medications.

A

alexander

I apologize if i took this off topic i just wanted to share how it works for me. I didnt want to make it seem like i picked mine up at k mart like a fishing license and upset people who dramatically benefit from cannabis! I love cannabis and the fact that its a healing herb!

Top Bottom