• Tagged users None
med man

med man

Breeder
soak seeds in plain water for 48 hours
- fill the bottom of a beer cup with 100ml plain water

- drop in the beans

- saturate for 48 hours

- allows tap root to really suck in some water to charge up the rest of the embryo

- this also makes sure you find the most vigorus specimens, as typically the longer the tap root, the faster it germed (law of 4)

this will guarantee complete saturation of the seeds, and soften up the shells to prevent abnormal popping, sprouting and or potential suffocation while trying to shed its pod

med-man

med man

med man

Breeder
hi guys, i just want to say, if you have your method that works, dont change it, but if my beans dont pop do to shady practices, i dont really want to here about it.

i have found this my fave technique over 20+ years, and 1000's of beans.

i do not use rockwool, peat pucks or rapid rooters becuase of trial and error.

i am not bashing these mediums, just not recommending them nor accepting negative feedback about them respectfully

med-man

med man

med man

Breeder
sprout em in coco
- i use prop flats with 72 site inserts. i make sure to fully saturate the coco to a point where they will not need another fedding for at least 7-10 days subject to rh in the area, outside vs inside temps etc

- poke holes in the coco sites with a scredriver, pencil etc for roughly a bit longer then the tap root poking out

- make sure seed pod is still cover with a layer of coco once tap root is submerged in the medium

this will also work weel with sunshine mix or promix, but i like coco best

med-man

med man

med man

Breeder
seed shell shedding
so the beans should be up in 1-3 days from planting, and may still have a tough shell on them once standing.

it is easy now to gently remove this almost spent pod by just pulling it apart and open with both hands ei. thumb and pointer fingers

make sure to peel off the see thruough skin the pod may have left on the fresh new leaves

i always have to do this to a couple random seedlings here or there.

be very careful not to damage any part of the fragile seedlings.

it will cause problems and stress for the first part of their seedling stage

med-man

d420dool

d420dool

I got seeds in water right now on my log, i was about to take em out, but after reading this im gonna let em sit a while longer, thanks med-man, good timing

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
seed shell shedding
so the beans should be up in 1-3 days from planting, and may still have a tough shell on them once standing.

it is easy now to gently remove this almost spent pod by just pulling it apart and open with both hands ei. thumb and pointer fingers

make sure to peel off the see thruough skin the pod may have left on the fresh new leaves

i always have to do this to a couple random seedlings here or there.

be very careful not to damage any part of the fragile seedlings.

it will cause problems and stress for the first part of their seedling stage

med-man

Those are biker babes with there helmets on !

med man

med man

Breeder
I got seeds in water right now on my log, i was about to take em out, but after reading this im gonna let em sit a while longer, thanks med-man, good timing

hey d420dool

cool. 12-24 hours works, i jusy notice 48 hours gets the shell extra soft for less still borns that suffocate from the shell not cracking :-)

med-man

B

Big Costa420

that's some good shit brother welcome to the Farm I definitely picking up a couple of packs from you I agree on the the seed popping that's the way I pop them

soserthc1

soserthc1

A couple questions if i may - so you forgo the paper towel method and soak then to coco and my second question would be that you add 7-10 days worth of water - does this not dampin off the seedling at all ? -

I go with 24 hrs in tap water with a little peroxide - b1 and then to paper towels - then to dirt with a better than avg germ rate but always open to new ideas ...

med man

med man

Breeder
hey soserthc

no papertowels at at, if anything i would use a cotton face cloth. reusable and cleaner :-)

maybe i just mean that i leave the medium extremely moist. if your babies are in open air, dampening off should be a problem with ample light.

if it works thats cool, dont change what you do. i posted this up as a buffer vs experimenters or vs practices i have tried and not had good luck with is all.

good questions :-)

med-man

soserthc1

soserthc1

Always open to hear what other are doing even if I have good success at my way - I always thirst for knowledge as no one is perfect .... and good post your throwing up also , was extremely intrigued in your rule of 4 was a good read . Thanks for all the info sir ...

Bless
SoSerThc1

Top Bottom