medical marijuana in New Jersey

• Thread starter soserthc1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

While I would never sign up now for medical use in New Jersey. I am going to start this thread for anyone who does to share there experience. I just had a hour long conversation with a medical marijuana doctor in New Jersey(from a public phone) and today is the first day you can obtain a medical card and the disp in Mercer County is set to open next week. Anyone seeking info go to www.njmmp.gov for info. As of now qualifications are extremely strict (its actually a joke ) and the MJ you can purchase will not be higher than 10% thc and anything that is grown that is higher than 10% has to be destroyed (but they still carry grain alcohol at 180 prof ) Well if you live in New Jersey and are going to partake in this please share your experience here. All thou it is by far the strictest laws in any legal state. It does seem to be a small step in the right direction. 150 reg fee also anyone that want a phone number to the doc i spoke with , who spoke to me for over a hour PM me ..... Let the freedom begin .......

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I have a doctors rec here in cali but i have never seen the sense in getting an id card and placing my name on some government list that will most likely come back to haunt you.Even if i lived somewhere that a card/registration was mandatory for the program i would just be illegal then i guess,what goes on between my doctor and myself is none of anyones business but mine and his.As for the 10% max thc that kinda weed comes in a bricked kilo around here at about a grand a key.
you are right though soser baby steps in the right direction i guess.

soserthc1

soserthc1

I have a doctors rec here in cali but i have never seen the sense in getting an id card and placing my name on some government list that will most likely come back to haunt you.Even if i lived somewhere that a card/registration was mandatory for the program i would just be illegal then i guess,what goes on between my doctor and myself is none of anyones business but mine and his.As for the 10% max thc that kinda weed comes in a bricked kilo around here at about a grand key.
you are right though soser baby steps in the right direction i guess.
yea , i hear you bro , my name aint going on any registration either but this state is nothing like cali or other tolerant states to cops around here if they find a seed or a roach on you its like they just hit the mother load , its all about the little townships/counties filling there budget accounts. If it just starts to change the attitude a little its a step in the right direction. The doc i was talking to have numerous patients that don't qualify and a kid with crones disease to the point that if she does not smoke marijuana she can't go to class with out soiling herself , maybe people will see that it is helpful and also good for recreation and disp's wont bring crime. I GUESS what i'm saying is hopefully it lowers the stigma that drugs are drugs and the fact that i enjoy a marijuana smoke does not make me a heroin addict , just seems to me the more people are educated the more they can understand and that needs to be done on the east coast now more than any where ..... thanks for taking the time to respond bro... appreciate it

sky high

sky high

My name has been on the CO MMJ registry since 2004...as has my wife's. My 19 year old son's paperwork is at the State right now....

Why? Because here in CO...contrary to what many wrongly believe, you aren't a "legal" MMJ patient (meaning, you have no defense against prosecution) if you don't PAY THE FEE and get the card issued by the State. A Xerox'd form from your doctor here may mean your doctor has OK'd your use, but the State hasn't, and your "affirmative" defense is non-existent without being on the Registry/being issued a card according to the Amendment/law. Cali is different, but we are not Cali....

But I understand your reluctancy. I was that way early-on.....until I met a few patients and decided that by not joining in I was doing absolutely nothing to further the cause.

So..my wife and I were patient #700 and 701...and now there are over 100K people on the Registry...

Colorado wasn't ALWAYS leinient....folks WORKED HARD to get these laws passed and then folks stood on their rights to operate under these laws.

good luck

soserthc1

soserthc1

My name has been on the CO MMJ registry since 2004...as has my wife's. My 19 year old son's paperwork is at the State right now....

Why? Because here in CO...contrary to what many wrongly believe, you aren't a "legal" MMJ patient (meaning, you have no defense a gainst prosecution) if you don't PAY THE FEE and get the card issued by the State. A Xerox'd form from your doctor here may mean your doctor has OK'd your use, but the State hasn't, and your "affirmative" defense is non-existent without being on the Registry/being issued a card according to the Amendment/law. Cali is different, but we are not Cali....

But I understand your reluctancy. I was that way early-on.....until I met a few patients and decided that by not joining in I was doing absolutely nothing to further the cause.

So..my wife and I were patient #700 and 701...and now there are over 100K people on the Registry...

Colorado wasn't ALWAYS leinient....folks WORKED HARD to get these laws passed and then folks stood on their rights to operate under these laws.

good luck
thank you if the good luck was towards me and yes I agree you need to fight to be able to get you rights. But i'm in no position to be the poster child for medical marijuana freely in my state , my family would be devastated if I was incarcerated , now on the other hand if it was a licence to be a caregiver I would sign up right away at least I would have patient's support but its looked on totally differently around here by most and that needs to change. There are people that put themselves in the spot light for the rights of others and I would be willing to do that if I was the only one depended on me but I have others that need me. So if you can please STEP UP NEW JERSEYANS or all american's for that point. It just strikes me as odd that some states can be so far ahead of others on this issue , when all other issue's states generally stay on the same page. I feel like i'm punished for living where I do and not being able to freely do something that I excel at and have a passion for...... I know that I will be doing this for a living one day but my day's are going bye so fast .... wish i knew then what i know now kinda thing ......

420alldaze

420alldaze

my brother soser! yep we are on our way to opening americas eyes,but its going to be a constant battle unfortunately. but hey 20 patients todaymaybe 20 more next week and so on. at least your state is actually moving forward a little bit. we cant even get them to vote on a bill yet....congrats nj, never thought id hear myself say that to jersey...lol good topic brother

soserthc1

soserthc1

my brother soser! yep we are on our way to opening americas eyes,but its going to be a constant battle unfortunately. but hey 20 patients todaymaybe 20 more next week and so on. at least your state is actually moving forward a little bit. we cant even get them to vote on a bill yet....congrats nj, never thought id hear myself say that to jersey...lol good topic brother

thanks bro but i would bet you that New York has a better operation for marijuana in a few years than Jersey does , How can you blindly start a medical marijuana program after delaying 3 yrs and your major emphasis is on lower thc to 10% - if they had any clue they would just sell 1 to 1 cbd rich strains ....

getting tired or waiting ... running out of life

420alldaze

420alldaze

I feel ya there brother, im not so sure im gonna wait for the gates to open here. its going to be really hard to get any kind of card in ny unless your at deaths door and cant enjoy the meds that help you anyway. but they'll sell the hell outta liquor and beer to anyone and everyone. thinkin about a legal state for a hot minute now. maybe next year. hope all is well with you brother

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
thanks bro but i would bet you that New York has a better operation for marijuana in a few years than Jersey does , How can you blindly start a medical marijuana program after delaying 3 yrs and your major emphasis is on lower thc to 10% - if they had any clue they would just sell 1 to 1 cbd rich strains ....

getting tired or waiting ... running out of life
Actually... if you think about it, who would have the high-THC weed in Jersey, then? Not the MMJ people, the black market. So, should keep the black market alive and well, IMO.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Actually... if you think about it, who would have the high-THC weed in Jersey, then? Not the MMJ people, the black market. So, should keep the black market alive and well, IMO.

agreed i would shop there if allowed to but baby steps as i see it as the black market can cost you everything you own currently not any plant counts around yet .........

Top Bottom