Medical Mj Grower Or Dispensary ?

• Thread starter ZONER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ZONER

ZONER

Who would make more money ? and it not just about the cash, believe me I lost both parents before they were 62 to cancer and my sis has cerebral palsy which effects her legs and nervous system. Big Pharma sux and I would love to see reasonable priced medical marijuana get into the hands that need it in Pennsylvania.

Considering the initial layout of funding to start a commercial Medical Marijuana Grow, along with maintaining quality control. God forbid loosing a harvest too. I ask this because Pennsylvania has passed the Medical Marijuana Act and the fee for being a producer of Medical Marijuana is $200,000 Dollars with a yearly $10,000 renewal fee. Plus you have to show an initial mount of $500,000 dollars in a bank account.

Operating a dispensary is a $30,000 dollar fee but you can have up to 3 dispensaries for that fee and show liquid funds of only $150,000 dollars. It will be around two years from now when they finally give out the licenses and I am thinking that the dispensary route would be the way to go.

I have 2 other friends that are interested so the initial capital would be no issue for a dispensary (again each of us could run one because they allow 3 to a license) any thoughts or opinions regarding this.

ZONER

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Who would make more money ? and it not just about the cash, believe me I lost both parents before they were 62 to cancer and my sis has cerebral palsy which effects her legs and nervous system. Big Pharma sux and I would love to see reasonable priced medical marijuana get into the hands that need it in Pennsylvania.

Considering the initial layout of funding to start a commercial Medical Marijuana Grow, along with maintaining quality control. God forbid loosing a harvest too. I ask this because Pennsylvania has passed the Medical Marijuana Act and the fee for being a producer of Medical Marijuana is $200,000 Dollars with a yearly $10,000 renewal fee. Plus you have to show an initial mount of $500,000 dollars in a bank account.

Operating a dispensary is a $30,000 dollar fee but you can have up to 3 dispensaries for that fee and show liquid funds of only $150,000 dollars. It will be around two years from now when they finally give out the licenses and I am thinking that the dispensary route would be the way to go.

I have 2 other friends that are interested so the initial capital would be no issue for a dispensary (again each of us could run one because they allow 3 to a license) any thoughts or opinions regarding this.

ZONER
Being from a legal state and having been in raids i would say being a grower makes more money. Granted the shops make a lot of money on retail and vending and even classes but the numbers are not in the dispensaries favor even after 1 raid.
Me personally i can afford to start up another grow after losing everything. . I CAN NOT restart after the cops come to a dispensary. They take EVERYTHING.
computers
TVs
Registers
Scales
Lights
Surveillance
All product
All cash
delivery vehicles
theyll take your chairs and display cases if they look nice enough.

of course the dispensary(a good one) will make more money... but is the risk worth it? To me no.

if you do go the shop route EXPECT these things from day 1.

the county WILL renegotiate there policy and move you or shut you down.

you WILL be raided by the feds if you become too successful or if you make 1 little mistake. And theyll get the go ahead to raid you for anything from a bad audit to a simple noise complaint.

ZONER

ZONER

The State originally said $5,000 for a grower, then it was $50,000 for a grower ....O.k. Fair enough. But now it's $200,000 for a growers license plus you have to show 1/2 million in liquid funds and an overall $1,000,000 in equity and that's just for the license. Oh and the filing fee is $10,000 and if you are not chosen for a license the State keeps the money anyway....nice. I have the property and its zoned for agriculture but come on I would need another 1 Mil for start up in equipment. Guess I will just be a card carrying patient and do what I do under the radar geez....f'in politicians who cry cannabis is evil are setting there buddies up for a win.. win,

Never fails ...... Always looking to keep the little guys from moving forward....Oh Well guess I need to find me a politician...lol

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
The State originally said $5,000 for a grower, then it was $50,000 for a grower ....O.k. Fair enough. But now it's $200,000 for a growers license plus you have to show 1/2 million in liquid funds and an overall $1,000,000 in equity and that's just for the license. Oh and the filing fee is $10,000 and if you are not chosen for a license the State keeps the money anyway....nice. I have the property and its zoned for agriculture but come on I would need another 1 Mil for start up in equipment. Guess I will just be a card carrying patient and do what I do under the radar geez....f'in politicians who cry cannabis is evil are setting there buddies up for a win.. win,

Never fails ...... Always looking to keep the little guys from moving forward....Oh Well guess I need to find me a politician...lol

And thats the problem with system... its gonna run all us little folks into the ground then youre gonna see people like walmart and phyzer buy up a million acres and grow and have ZERO problems growing because guess what.... they have the lobbying money to not get fucked with.... gotta love murika

Land of the slave...home of the fee

Top Bottom