Meditating When High

• Thread starter LeeLin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I smoke and meditate in my garden all the time. I find that because of my illness my mind won't settle enough for me to meditate without at a little herb. I'm not trying to reach a perfect state or a higher plane. I just need my mind to relax. The combination of a couple hits of good smoke and being surrounded by my girls gives my mind a lot of sensory input. I become preoccupied with the shifts of green, the smell of wet soil, a breeze on my skin, the warmth of the sunlight, etc... I begin to let go of the tasks that need to be completed, problems to be resolved, all that stress that churns over and over in my head every day.

My illness puts me into a near constant state of fight or flight and I'm always in severe pain but this helps to center me and let go. My way may of meditation may not be the normal way but I was practicing sober meditation as a spiritual tool for many years so I'd consider myself experienced. I understand where people are coming from when they say you have to be sober to achieve a meditative state but I think that is confusing the intended purpose of the state with the state itself. My meditative goals are mostly different with each method but both do achieve the state. One is to relax and the other is to expand.

Jbellsmoke

Jbellsmoke

99 percent of people's minds are endlessly chattering about the past, future and shit that really doesn't matter, and that only causes stress. The mind has evolved to this and people think that this constant chatter is normal, but it's not. Replaying situations with people that have pissed u off over and over is like a glitch in the system, fucked up wiring in the brain. Meditation can correct this glitch and u are able to rewire ur brain to get away from all nurotic over thinking. Finding out who u really are does not have anything to do with that voice in ur head, that's just ur ego, and the world would be a great fuckin place if everyone's ego was put aside. And I'm sure a couple of big egos will respond negatively to this and that just proves the point.

K

kansabis

99 percent of people's minds are endlessly chattering about the past, future and shit that really doesn't matter, and that only causes stress. The mind has evolved to this and people think that this constant chatter is normal, but it's not. Replaying situations with people that have pissed u off over and over is like a glitch in the system, fucked up wiring in the brain. Meditation can correct this glitch and u are able to rewire ur brain to get away from all nurotic over thinking. Finding out who u really are does not have anything to do with that voice in ur head, that's just ur ego, and the world would be a great fuckin place if everyone's ego was put aside. And I'm sure a couple of big egos will respond negatively to this and that just proves the point.
This is so so true,love it! I have dealt with this type or anxiety,depression,false emotions,etc for many years,when I was young I was diagnosed with all kinds of bs and put on like 4 or 5 different scripts. None did much but produce negative side effects,then after I tried cannabis for the first few times(after stopping all pills) I noticed the profound impact it had on my moods and attitude and ability to focus and see through the unnecessary layers everything gets wrapped up in.

Jbellsmoke

Jbellsmoke

I must say that this shit works. 3 years ago I would have laugh at anybody who said that they meditate because I had no fuckin clue. I used to be a hot head, always angry depressed always looking for a fight didn't enjoy any aspect of life. Stumbled upon this and really looked into it because I didn't want to take prescription pills to make me happy. Learned that most depression is not a chemical imbalance, it the way are brains are programed from when we are first born into this society that Fucks it up. U have to learn that that voice in ur head is not u. And when u first start to make progress with meditation u will relize that when u shut that voice up there's something else there. Pretty cool shit but i understand it's not for everyone, but everyone should. Don't let ur ego get in the way and tell u what u want, that's the glitch doing what it does best.

Perception

Perception

I’m in total agreement. Do you feel like meditating while high helps you cut out the chatter more, or makes it worse?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I agree every stressed, depressed, angry and over anxiety person I meet constantly repeat the same crap over and over again. And I have been there so I know exactly what they are doing. It’s like a rerun all day long.
As time goes on your mind gets more cloudy, that’s when things get ruff. When you try to think with a clear head and can’t concentrate on anything.
People are not designed to sit around and be unproductive.

Jbellsmoke

Jbellsmoke

I’m in total agreement. Do you feel like meditating while high helps you cut out the chatter more, or makes it worse?
It depends on the strain I find. The indacas are great for me quieting it down. The best I find is doing some controlled breathing before I start my meditation, helps tire the mind before concentration.

Jbellsmoke

Jbellsmoke

I agree every stressed, depressed, angry and over anxiety person I meet constantly repeat the same crap over and over again. And I have been there so I know exactly what they are doing. It’s like a rerun all day long.
As time goes on your mind gets more cloudy, that’s when things get ruff. When you try to think with a clear head and can’t concentrate on anything.
People are not designed to sit around and be unproductive.
I agree people's bodies where desinged for moving around but you should be able to be totally happy and content in ur mind doing fuck all in a room alone for a period of time.

Jbellsmoke

Jbellsmoke

If ur sitting in a room alone for any time period and u have learned to quiet that voice in ur head. How would u ever know ur board or how fuckin stupid it is to sit in a room alone for an hour or 2.you wouldn't u will be content and happy, the true natural state humans should be. Ur ego tells u ur board and this is stupid,u should be doing something else that it agrees with like chasing pussy or whatever ur voice tells u.

Mashedmitten

Mashedmitten

You can meditate anywhere if you understand what it truly is. It's knocking Ego on the head and giving Id a chance at the reins. Id's been relegated to the subconscious actions by Ego, actions like lifting fork from plate to mouth, can do it blindfolded if allowed. Let Ego get involved and start thinking of every single thought and movement involved and you're in the ER with the fork protruding from an eye socket. Id's what allows straight golf shots, Ego puts it in the hazard every time.

Top Bottom