meet the honeycomb

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stonestacker

stonestacker

Fuck a bunch of IG.

Would love to see another thread by you Cap.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Yeah I shoudl have gotten longer all thread on that for sure, but these are just prototypes. I can still wrap a metal mesh around it to keep from bumping the bulbs, or just use a coupler and another short piece of all thread.

The trashcans are 28 gallon square brutes.
Beast mode !

sixstring

sixstring

Cap,
I hope you are well. Tree section never took off like I thought it would. But I guess not everyone can be a tree tender. I might come up for the summer and help a friend out in Oregon, if I do I will call you. I always thought of you being smart enough not to work on a place like this. Take care , T.

You guys made such a fuss about what constitutes a tree nobody wanted to post up in this section lol.
Cap still pops into the farm to answer questions :cool:

Crops

Crops

I walk around in my rooms guys. The buckets are raised up 3 feet and the lights hang @ 6' right above my head.

The cages surrounding each light are 6' in diameter and will be double stacked since the roll of cow fence is 4' wide. So I will have big ass cages that are 6' in diameter and 8' tall from ceiling down. I may not use cages I may just go with tons of yo yos from the ceiling.

I have a method that supports the whole branch. If you hang a yo yo so that when you pull it down it is traveling in the same direction as the branch is growing, you can use it as a whole branch stake. I plan on using very long pieces of wire for this instead of the short ones I use now, so I can grab them without getting on a ladder and hook them in to the node. It's really easy to train this way. You can open the plant in any direction you want, even nearly sideways, and the branch is still supported.

Here is my current set up for explanation:

View attachment 342499

OK so in the pic above can you see how the plant on the right has been trained as a "plus sign". The honeycomb will be like this except that the shape of the plant will be a mercedes benz star instead of a plus sign. FOr you hippies instead of mercedez benz star imagine a peace sign with the bottom piece that comes straight down chopped off. The center of the star or peace sign will be the center of the plant. The benz star allows more canopy exposed. The plus sign leaves a lot to be desired in the middle of the plant still, and it is dark in there.

View attachment 342505

So in this picture above ^^^ You can see that this system is 30" above the ground. The trunk of the plant starts at around 34" actually, so I can sit on a rolling stool and work quite easily at the soil level. I do not crawl around in the room... I walk casually through man made cannabis tunnels!

View attachment 342506

In the above picture you can see a yo yo coming in from the side, pulling the branch in whatever direction I want it to grow- in this case up and to the left. When I use a long wire on the yo yo instead of a short one, I will be able to wrap the branch around the wire like a vine, and at harvest I will unhook the wire, straighten the tip, and pull it through the branch from above.

View attachment 342507

And in this pic ^^^ you can see how I use yo yos to make a temporary espalier going around the bulbs. You can also see some claw!!! Too much N this round, and not enough P. Had to spray some MKP tonight... These plants are about 4 feet tall and 5' wide.

View attachment 342508

A shot from above ^^ in the foreground you can see that there are 1 and a half plants and you can see how in between the two I have fanned them out to maximize the light each branch is getting, so all the major branches get side light from the top almost to the bottom: hence, no LARF!
This is cool as man!! ... good luck and happy Designing and farming

Latest posts

Top Bottom