meet the honeycomb

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

The emotional scars come later when you realize people do not think you are a living god. Your ole lady thinks you love the girls more then her, when you tell your friends you got the bud from some out of town dude because you can't cop to be a grower, then the big one when your girls do not bow when you enter the room just after saving their ass's. and later the deep one where you lost a precious strain because you couldn't save her. Its been 2 years since I lost my strains and it still hurts.
Tip#348 never go in just for a second with out a shirt. The sweat creates super heat so the burn goes much deeper. I measure 560* coming off my bulbs.
And never(and this includes real life) wear a synthetic material in there.
tip #17 don't turn everything on and go till your ready. Most growers can not seem to wait till the have all the equipment or a reserve of funtickets.
I believe you will need a lot more then 400 yo-yos, that's only 16 per plant.
Suerte JK

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
The emotional scars come later when you realize people do not think you are a living god. Your ole lady thinks you love the girls more then her, when you tell your friends you got the bud from some out of town dude because you can't cop to be a grower, then the big one when your girls do not bow when you enter the room just after saving their ass's. and later the deep one where you lost a precious strain because you couldn't save her. Its been 2 years since I lost my strains and it still hurts.
Tip#348 never go in just for a second with out a shirt. The sweat creates super heat so the burn goes much deeper. I measure 560* coming off my bulbs.
And never(and this includes real life) wear a synthetic material in there.
tip #17 don't turn everything on and go till your ready. Most growers can not seem to wait till the have all the equipment or a reserve of funtickets.
I believe you will need a lot more then 400 yo-yos, that's only 16 per plant.
Suerte JK

Yeah I should get more yo yos. You use 25+ per plant so I will start with that.

Dude one time I had a tyvek suit on in the room and I was spraying shit with a light on, well the bulb was touching the suit and straight caught it on fire!!!

That was a close call.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Yeah I should get more yo yos. You use 25+ per plant so I will start with that.

Dude one time I had a tyvek suit on in the room and I was spraying shit with a light on, well the bulb was touching the suit and straight caught it on fire!!!

That was a close call.

LMAO! Cannabis revenge- grower got smoked!

It's funny because you're okay, bro- I wouldn't be laughing at third degree burns.

Thank you all for reminding me not to go wandering around a bare bulb room naked.

J

Jalisco Kid

LMAO! Cannabis revenge- grower got smoked!

It's funny because you're okay, bro- I wouldn't be laughing at third degree burns.

Thank you all for reminding me not to go wandering around a bare bulb room naked.

My first room was about in '78 using street light fixtures. Well i did not know much about growing in those days and we did not have boards like this to know better. My garage was so humid that roots grew out of the stalks. So I naturally thought it was better to just go in butt naked then dive into my pool tight outside the door when I was done. I did that till I got my first good one. The most painful surprisingly did not leave a scar. A plant broke a big branch once while I was in the room. The noise startled me so much that I jerked around and a bulb got me on my ear and neck. The worst was when I got a severe pain in my back which jolted me straight up. the pain was so intense that it made me bend back down quick which sent another jolt of pain in my back which sent me back up into the bulb for a second time. I had to scrap burnt flesh off that bulb and still have the scar. JK

ttystikk

ttystikk

Can someone tell me what's wrong with running around in there when the bulbs are off?

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

Lol I haven't burnt myself, yet. But using these parabolic hoods with vert bulbs, I have come close a few times to burning my domepiece.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Wow Cap! I love this idea and think you're just the one to pull off the proper training and veg time to really show off what this design can do. What kind of veg time are you thinking to achieve the size and training you want?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

2 month veg at least.
I see that easy. I'm at a point of wanting 6 weeks before flip and I don't have near that sq. footage of budding. Have you thought out your ac for this run? I assume you we're going to keep running a floor fan straight up at lights? Will you have your ac ducting blowing below the skirts of the honeycomb or down between your hedges from above? It seems if you brought them down low you could use your floor fans to spread and keep and keep a semi even temp throughout the insides of the honeycomb. Just a stoner thought...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I see that easy. I'm at a point of wanting 6 weeks before flip and I don't have near that sq. footage of budding. Have you thought out your ac for this run? I assume you we're going to keep running a floor fan straight up at lights? Will you have your ac ducting blowing below the skirts of the honeycomb or down between your hedges from above? It seems if you brought them down low you could use your floor fans to spread and keep and keep a semi even temp throughout the insides of the honeycomb. Just a stoner thought...

AC is in. 6 tons. 2 3 ton MR SLims courtesy of CannabisJOhn!!! They are mounted almost to the ceiling. The floor fans and carbon scrubbers will keep things moving. The last thing I am worried about is air circulation.

The thing that concerns me are the 41" plant centers, but with the lights being 6' centers and the projected distance from bulb to canopy at 24-30" I think I will be good to go. Gonna be some intensive training.

I don't know what varietals I am gonna run yet, and I think I am gonna start it out with just 12 plants for the first run. Keep my counts down until I accumulate more bravado.

I really want to go with what I know and do a checkerboard layout, but that's not really sticking my head in tot he new frontier so here we go!

Designed some stands last night:

Stand

Simple 3/4 ply and studs on casters. Will allow me to wheel the plants right over the existing pipes and quick connect them in. 28 gallon brute trash can will fit in here. Entertaining the idea of peat and pumice, heavily amended with EWC- hempy style DTW. 6 of the plants will be this and 6 will be jk buckets. The jk buckets are gonna stay stationary. They are too big to fuck with and since they haev a 5 gallon bucket that sits inside I will find a way to veg in the 5 gallon bucket and move them in when they are ready.

J

Jalisco Kid

I am not following you with the stand but I can wait for the movie. I found a few Chemdog D's that grew tall and not that wide of branching. Willie Nelson was similar. If you are running plants and have room to run others I would do some side by sides. Even if you jack them up it would pay for the bills as hash. JK

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I want to run my FPOG #10. She is a beast and has been getting rave reviews being compared to GSC in terms of potency but the yield destroys most things I have ran in the past. She is a 10 weeker.

Mtngrown

Mtngrown

I want to run my FPOG #10. She is a beast and has been getting rave reviews being compared to GSC in terms of potency but the yield destroys most things I have ran in the past. She is a 10 weeker.
where da image at?

J

Jalisco Kid

I never noticed yo-yo's used that way before. Is that 1.5-2" screen? JK
They look nice,at 8 weeks what color was the trics?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I never noticed yo-yo's used that way before. Is that 1.5-2" screen? JK
They look nice,at 8 weeks what color was the trics?
I chopped those ones at 63 days. They were not NEARLY done. All white hairs and still growing like mad, clear trichs. I couldnt wait for them.. :( I woudl have risked over growing everything waiting in line.

All my friends were saying they like the smoke better than GSC in terms of potency. I think I have a goldmine of a plant I just need to take her the distance to let her really fill out and I think she would smell more better too.

The cage against the wall is 6" x6" . It's cattle fence. galvanized. The roll is heavy as FUCK and you need 2+ people to manage it.

The cage on the ceiling is like 2" x 4" I think... It's chicken coup fence powder coated black.

Top Bottom