• Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
JK how do you use yo yos?

J

Jalisco Kid

If your screen is that large those are some nice buds.
I run #14 wire thru some eye screws(in my ceiling) between the rows. I then start with about 18 above each plant. I then use the little hook on the white reel to attach to the wire. The orange hook goes on the branch. Those reels will hook right into your screen. I then take a piece of pvc and tape a broken hook(always one in the big bags) to the pipe. I then reach up and hook a hook on the above yo-yo. JK
The reels hopefully would get all gaked out with resin the way you have them.

J

Jalisco Kid

If your screen is that size those are some nice bud. have you lost some bud due to botrytis on your previous cycle? JK

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
If your screen is that size those are some nice bud. have you lost some bud due to botrytis on your previous cycle? JK

Nope. I have not had bud rot since the starfighter 2 rounds ago. Those buds get huge and they are like rocks. I won't let it go all the way. I take it down now at 55 days and it's good.

And yeah this FPOG puts out! Those buds were the thickness of water bottles, but nice and dense and great node spacing makes for stacked buds.

LordOfThNugz

LordOfThNugz

Holy shit! I didn't even know you had started this thread yet. Just knew you had been plottin and schemin. Nice one bruthuh! Tagged up for the show fo sho.

Shamus

Shamus

im starting up a different grow.. currently i was limited to 10K at 6 plants a light.
however this seems intriguing.. so 14K total~ish?
never done barebulb.. hell ive been growing indoors for a year.. lol
dont wanna step on no toes but if you dont mind id like to try this.....?
sick as always

tweedy

tweedy

If you can track down some Yeti cuts they'd run great in this. Im about to run em vert in my tent and just drop the light between them. They're all legs and reasonably sparse branching sideways so I know penetration would be good. They stack really hard when vegged under a vert bulb :) Imagine a 4 foot long Yeti OG top.

T

tngreen

If you can track down some Yeti cuts they'd run great in this. Im about to run em vert in my tent and just drop the light between them. They're all legs and reasonably sparse branching sideways so I know penetration would be good. They stack really hard when vegged under a vert bulb :) Imagine a 4 foot long Yeti OG top.

very happy to read this, I have 6 in veg right now.

G

gettogro

JK, krusty called from 2001 he wants his yo yo back

Old yo yo 450ms120808

along with the bc big bud

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
If your screen is that large those are some nice buds.
I run #14 wire thru some eye screws(in my ceiling) between the rows. I then start with about 18 above each plant. I then use the little hook on the white reel to attach to the wire. The orange hook goes on the branch. Those reels will hook right into your screen. I then take a piece of pvc and tape a broken hook(always one in the big bags) to the pipe. I then reach up and hook a hook on the above yo-yo. JK
The reels hopefully would get all gaked out with resin the way you have them.

Yeah they do get a little caked. This run though I will be using very long leads of aluminum wire, so that I can just pre hang all the yo yos and then reach up, grab a wire, bend it in to a hook, and snag a branch with it. At harvie I can then just unbend the hook, and the wire (in theory) should pull right through without much damage to the flower. I have done this with string and bendable wire is much thinner. Also the long wire lead keeps the yo yo body up high and out of the canopy.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Time to buy hundreds of yo yos... I really like this idea, I think I will be implementing it this next round...

J

Jalisco Kid

Yall speaking on Krusty as in Krusty buckets that Dead Head Fred was associated with?

DHF I haven't heard of him for awhile. He was part of kbs.com for a few months then he was trashed. then the owner of the site trashed krusty We then took his ideas to another level. But yeah same krusty. JK

M

Maine Greenbud

In short a cage from the ceiling and raised plants with suspended cages, lights, and lots of yo yos, gives you complete freedom to walk around as you please. the way a plant grows, the foliage isn't any good from about a ft/ up form the trunk once they get to 4' + so trust me it's easily managed.

The hexagon shape allows for aisles of buckets, one row offset from the next. All the plumbing is under the buckets, draining from left to right in to the control room next door, and I will be able to access the aisles from the left side of the room, where the doors are.

This set up has been in the planning stages for 1 year.

I would question the ability to "walk around" in there. You may be able to get in and out as needed but it's going to be a bear in there. I ran a 12 x 20 room with tight spacing and a lot of horsepower but in the end it was a PITA. Truly walking around 8'-9' trees in a warehouse setting is not the same as what you are describing as walking around your plants. It was always a pain in the ass to get in and out, what I know is that the bigger the machine you create the more maintenance and headaches you will have. I had cages five feet off the ground topped with a 40" x 40" screen with 3" openings. The entire room was a giant sog at head height. I meter screens, 1K per screen overhead.

Before you crack on me like I don't know shit we currently run a sizable warehouse op with 22K per flower room, 18 tree's, and pull 2.5-4.5 per. Gavita's, Heavy 16 & Aptus. The new Dimlux units will arrive in January along with the controller to add additional vertical lighting. One controller manages up to 160 lights at one time. I'll walk among redwoods any day of the week vs crawling around in some over packed space. Props on wanting to bang as much from that space as possible, but my best advice is get a big space and do thing right, you'll never regret it.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Maine G, thanks for your input. I- and without speaking for Cap directly, I'm pretty sure he'd agree- value anyone's opinion that is well considered, respectfully written- and comes from real experience. No DOUBT that's an impressive grow you're referring to! Do you have some pics?

I noticed that you're new- when uploading pics to the Farm, remember that meta data like location info is stripped out, one less worry.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I would question the ability to "walk around" in there. You may be able to get in and out as needed but it's going to be a bear in there. I ran a 12 x 20 room with tight spacing and a lot of horsepower but in the end it was a PITA. Truly walking around 8'-9' trees in a warehouse setting is not the same as what you are describing as walking around your plants. It was always a pain in the ass to get in and out, what I know is that the bigger the machine you create the more maintenance and headaches you will have. I had cages five feet off the ground topped with a 40" x 40" screen with 3" openings. The entire room was a giant sog at head height. I meter screens, 1K per screen overhead.

Before you crack on me like I don't know shit we currently run a sizable warehouse op with 22K per flower room, 18 tree's, and pull 2.5-4.5 per. Gavita's, Heavy 16 & Aptus. The new Dimlux units will arrive in January along with the controller to add additional vertical lighting. One controller manages up to 160 lights at one time. I'll walk among redwoods any day of the week vs crawling around in some over packed space. Props on wanting to bang as much from that space as possible, but my best advice is get a big space and do thing right, you'll never regret it.

I totally agree with you. This is a 20 x 20 space and most likely will end up accommodating 6 plants. I could fit 24 in there, but I prefer to keep plant numbers down at this time and stay well within my medical needs. I am curious about the dimlux controller, and your current layout/spacing.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Where did you get details about new Dimlux products? Will they have a 1000W ballast? The only one on the website is 400-600W.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Awesome plans can't wait to see ... give me your address and will send aloe vera and a fire extinguisher your way just in case of any more accidents ... How long before this is up and running?

Top Bottom