meet the honeycomb

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

I have been told not to show my work here. If they change their mind I will let you know. Since chow is an inert medium you should have known they would be hurting when fed the same as your dirt.
I have told the public what I do, but I will bet no one here has built what I build. JK

I know that feeling all too well.

tweedy

tweedy

I have been told not to show my work here. If they change their mind I will let you know. Since chow is an inert medium you should have known they would be hurting when fed the same as your dirt.
I have told the public what I do, but I will bet no one here has built what I build. JK
I can imagine your buckets are quite a unique system since everyone's a different artist even with the same brush but who are you referring to when you say they don't want you to show them?

Are the GMs something you worked on with another designer?

I have been selective in what I have shared with others concerning my bucket designs or ideas but if you were to sum up why cap would want to play with your buckets in the honeycomb in a couple of words, what'd they be? They seem versatile, which is always a plus when needing to adapt to such a unique room.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You just need enough time to refine a system after you dedicate to growing for a while. There are a million ways to skin a cat. Remember we all steal ideas in the name of progress.

I have so many ideas on paper, but it's another thing all together to invest in the prototype. My recent project is from trying to accommodate JK buckets in a veg stage. It's basically an oversized self contained ebb flow but I think I am on to something.

I also want to play with fogging as oppose to aero.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

I don't know buddy I think I may have gotten some bad coco. I have been in chow for 2 years now and never had such shitty looking plants. I am feeding the same thing I have always fed for the most part. 1.8EC with a good formula. ALL my other plants look beautiful. Even others in different chow chow at another spot. My feed formula is the same everywhere, so I think it's the coco.

tweedy

tweedy

You just need enough time to refine a system after you dedicate to growing for a while. There are a million ways to skin a cat. Remember we all steal ideas in the name of progress.

I have so many ideas on paper, but it's another thing all together to invest in the prototype. My recent project is from trying to accommodate JK buckets in a veg stage. It's basically an oversized self contained ebb flow but I think I am on to something.

I also want to play with fogging as oppose to aero.
I have been contemplating using a fogger like getto grower is but instead of having it fog the room for humidity have it plumbed to the buckets for either add backs for a recirculating system or just insurance for a dtw.

tweedy

tweedy

I don't know buddy I think I may have gotten some bad coco. I have been in chow for 2 years now and never had such shitty looking plants. I am feeding the same thing I have always fed for the most part. 1.8EC with a good formula. ALL my other plants look beautiful. Even others in different chow chow at another spot. My feed formula is the same everywhere, so I think it's the coco.
Thats the problem with media that can change drastically from crop to crop and how it was treated. Look into turface. Not the same goodies that you get with coco but half the battle is one. Its sterile and cheap.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thats the problem with media that can change drastically from crop to crop and how it was treated. Look into turface. Not the same goodies that you get with coco but half the battle is one. Its sterile and cheap.

If I would go back to inert media I would just go with 3/8" red lava washed in a 10% bleach solution. Cheap, and works great IMHO. Had my best runs running water 24/7 over lava. Oh so unforgiving though ... pump goes out, plants die.

tweedy

tweedy

If I would go back to inert media I would just go with 3/8" red lava washed in a 10% bleach solution. Cheap, and works great IMHO. Had my best runs running water 24/7 over lava. Oh so unforgiving though ... pump goes out, plants die.
Yup, its all or nothing in some medias. I am trying to figure out a high performance but reliable in the respect of running different reservoirs system that will allow me the benefits of the race car but give me the peace of mind that even if a pump or fogger goes out they will always have access to moisture in one form at some point of the day.

J

Jalisco Kid

I can imagine your buckets are quite a unique system since everyone's a different artist even with the same brush but who are you referring to when you say they don't want you to show them?

Are the GMs something you worked on with another designer?

I have been selective in what I have shared with others concerning my bucket designs or ideas but if you were to sum up why cap would want to play with your buckets in the honeycomb in a couple of words, what'd they be? They seem versatile, which is always a plus when needing to adapt to such a unique room.
Owners of the farm wants a lot of money for me to talk about my tanks. I look at it as they want me to take away from my patients meds. I like the Farm here but my patients come first. If someone wants to donate a few lbs to the farm I would talk about them a lot. Since farmers have not offered to buy my tanks in years I see not need to help people who want something for nothing. You get what you pay for, and I have offered my thoughts for free. You will not get any more from me then you already have.
My tanks are the BEST made tanks out there period. If my way of doing things does not light up something in your grey matter then you should stop beating around the bush and build your own. Too many people sit on the fence and watch the world go by.Some jump on my train and ride it to an early retirement. JK

tweedy

tweedy

Owners of the farm wants a lot of money for me to talk about my tanks. I look at it as they want me to take away from my patients meds. I like the Farm here but my patients come first. If someone wants to donate a few lbs to the farm I would talk about them a lot. Since farmers have not offered to buy my tanks in years I see not need to help people who want something for nothing. You get what you pay for, and I have offered my thoughts for free. You will not get any more from me then you already have.
My tanks are the BEST made tanks out there period. If my way of doing things does not light up something in your grey matter then you should stop beating around the bush and build your own. Too many people sit on the fence and watch the world go by.Some jump on my train and ride it to an early retirement. JK
Makes sense. I appreciate the honest words and can certainly respect your pride in your work.

ttystikk

ttystikk

They make battery backups for electronics, getting one for a small pump should be easy enough, and would provide for long runtimes since pumps are generally small.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

They make battery backups for electronics, getting one for a small pump should be easy enough, and would provide for long runtimes since pumps are generally small.
What good does a battery backup do if a pump goes out though?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

..or cliffs, for that matter. That's what we growers are for; to catch this kind of thing before its too late and fix it!

Thats great if you live at the grow or happen to be there everytime the pump is supposed to come on but when something(pump) fubar's thats not always the case,like cap said pump doesnt work=plants die,the reason does not matter which is why its very unforgiving.

ttystikk

ttystikk

How is this different from any unattended grow pump malfunction?

Do the plants die immediately, like in aeroponics?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

Actually if I would go that route again I would just use a flow control sensor to operate another pump on a different breaker as soon as flow stopped.

Tty with inert media like lava that dries out extremely fast you have MAYBE 8 hours before you hit a point of no return under high intensity lighting. So yeah it's pretty unforgiving, even if you live at your grow.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Actually if I would go that route again I would just use a flow control sensor to operate another pump on a different breaker as soon as flow stopped.

Tty with inert media like lava that dries out extremely fast you have MAYBE 8 hours before you hit a point of no return under high intensity lighting. So yeah it's pretty unforgiving, even if you live at your grow.

So the coco quotient in my chowmix is a safety measure, an interesting thought.

This sounds much like my early experience with hydroton in ebb n flood- the poor things were drying out too much even though I flooded twice a day!

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter

What brand of hydroton are you using in your chow mix?

Top Bottom