Met 52 stops Root Aphids

• Thread starter Onespark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

40AmpstoFreedom

I have been dealing with root aphids for several months now. I lost my house, got into serious debt, and have all but given up on finding a cure. I truly hope this works. I cannot suffer another crop failure.

The only thing I know that kills them is pyrethrins. When I use a fogger they all disappear for weeks. No flyers. So I started using it as a dunk too. It works, but they seem to just come back and stay in larvae form and not turn into flyers...No flyers for weeks but plants are still dieing.

Like everyone else I tried Azamax and Imid. Both of them only partially dent the population. You will go from hundreds of flyers to only about 5-10 seen in the whole room but they never fully disappear and still trash my harvest.

Someone please pm me where I can purchase this.

40AmpstoFreedom

Can someone please send me the info to order. Will this stuff kill the fliers? or do I need a pyreth bomb for those?

I pmed onespark but im sure after posting this thread he has a lot of pm's

Pyreth bombs will kill all the flyer 100% the same day. I know for a fact. Have not seen flyer in 3+ weeks. All of them disappeared the same day I used the pyreth bomb. It killed them on contact.

I think if people use the pyrethrin foggers and this fungus in the thread they will be absolved of their infestations.

altimood

altimood

Here's how it goes for me:
IMG_4495.JPG

IMG_4497.jpg

Met 52 in granular form. Then it goes into my clones, maybe 2-3 grains.
IMG_4509.JPG

Then into a cup with maybe 10 grains:
IMG_4508.JPG

I always see healthy roots with Met 52:
IMG_4510.JPG

Sometimes from clone into a 3 gallon pot with 6-7 grams which is shown above in green beer cup. Just covering the bottom of the cup- not a lot of product.

Then the flowering room:
IMG_4498.JPG

This tray has root aphids showing on buds after they fly out of the root zone, affected by Met 52 fungus:
IMG_45051.JPG

Lower right of top bud you see 2-3 flyers.
Under magnification they look like this:
Photo_on_2011-11-03_at_11_35.jpg

The plants make it to the end now every time.
IMG_4452.JPG

Grandaddy haze with Met 52.
IMG_4459.JPG

Grandoggy purple with Met 52
IMG_4446.JPG

No problems with root aphids. They just can't handle the Met. And I don't stress anymore. This stuff is the real deal. Try some yourself and you be the judge. Pm me anytime for the contact information.

treebark1950

treebark1950

I cant PM yet, I don't have 10 posts.

But I would love to find out where to get some the Met 52.

Cheers
treebark

darkmatter

darkmatter

after you harvest, would/should any m52 need to be added again for medium reuse or is the percentage thats already there likely good.

altimood

altimood

after you harvest, would/should any m52 need to be added again for medium reuse or is the percentage thats already there likely good.

I would re mix it into my coco for sure. I have not been reusing my coco but I haven't thrown it out and am planning on using it again.

HungryMan420

HungryMan420

How you doin guys and gals im tryin to get my hands on this met52 i really need it i have a bad ra problom and am in need to order this product asap thank you for any informantion!!

40AmpstoFreedom

Alright I should have some soon I will be back to report. I hope I never see these things again...worse than the fuckin cops almost lol...

J

justsomedude

i really need to get the contact info for this stuff; not sure if i can accept pm's or what; help!!!! :mad0233:

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Not saying this stuff is bad, but i just googled it and came up with this link..

http://www.bioag.novozymes.com/en/products/canada/biocontrol/met52/Pages/default.aspx

if you click on the fact sheet and label the to left on the page there is some interesting info..

It says it's registered for nonfood use and has a residual of up to a year... I don't know anything about this stuff, and would love to use it if it works.. But, what's up with those statements??

Critter

Critter

I also have been battling like many of you. If someone would be so kind to point me in the direction of met52?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
kind of a contradiction since the main page says its used for strawberries

I dont see how it could affect your smoke since it is in no way anything the plant itself will uptake and residual effect means it last in the soil for a year not in plant

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
all of you you cant PM just check ebay - there is a seller on there

altimood

altimood

Not saying this stuff is bad, but i just googled it and came up with this link..

http://www.bioag.novozymes.com/en/products/canada/biocontrol/met52/Pages/default.aspx

if you click on the fact sheet and label the to left on the page there is some interesting info..

It says it's registered for nonfood use and has a residual of up to a year... I don't know anything about this stuff, and would love to use it if it works.. But, what's up with those statements??

I think that Met 52 is still going through hoops and regulation but has been reviewed by the EPA and Canadian agencies and is now being found safe for food use crops as well as bee keeping. I have had a fairly easy time finding this documentation from government agencies and field tests from Universities and agricultural agencies. The above links are to get you pointed in the right direction for your own research as it is important for you to thoroughly understand this product and feel comfortable purchasing it and using it. In my opinion its safe to use in this application but I encourage you to do your own research.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but for gnats I have been using Microbe Lift with amazing results.. I have noticed you need to use it once a week for a few weeks, but it will eradicate those little fuckers.

:character0180:

Top Bottom