Met 52 stops Root Aphids

• Thread starter Onespark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Venom818

Venom818

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but for gnats I have been using Microbe Lift with amazing results.. I have noticed you need to use it once a week for a few weeks, but it will eradicate those little fuckers.

:character0180:

how much per gallon,ive been using this but haven't really seen a difference.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
I have the stuff that a few drops treats 100 gallons.. I usually put 4-5 drops in a 5 gallon mix and have at it.. You def have to keep up with it weekly, I think it takes time to kill those bastards..

altimood

altimood

really - they are soft bodies - I thought it would kill the shit out of gnats - weird
It is weird but root aphids have more of an exoskeleton that the fungus seems to affect. I don't get it either.

dankworth

dankworth

Hi, new here, can you pm me with info? BTW, how about taking a long skinny tube capped at the end, shoving it into the medium at many locations to create narrow holes, and dropping the met52 grains in there? Anybody think that would provide an acceptable degree of control, at least until the soluble form of met52 is available at the end of November?

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Where to Buy Online

Anyone know where to buy this stuff, have saw post saying its for sale on ebay, haven't found it on there? anyone have a link to where it can be bought........Thanks :character0095:

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Check out my real spores without the fluff thread in the nutrient section. That fungus is in the foliar pack. you can drench with it. One farmer here already ran a successful test.

Its cheap, and works on all kinds of critters.

Here is the test thread:

altimood

altimood

Hi, new here, can you pm me with info? BTW, how about taking a long skinny tube capped at the end, shoving it into the medium at many locations to create narrow holes, and dropping the met52 grains in there? Anybody think that would provide an acceptable degree of control, at least until the soluble form of met52 is available at the end of November?

You know I thought about that at one point but never tried it because I never needed to. Depending on how far the damage is or how quick one discovers the root aphids is the deciding factor, but that MAY work. Couldn't hurt to try.

smokie

smokie

For gnats i use Gnatrol. 2 applications mix it up for a hour on and off and then them bitches are gone

F

FRANKIE1579

Can some kind person PLEASE PM me where to get Met 52? Would appreciate it so much.

First got these suckers 3 years ago. Took me 3 months to figure out what the problem was. Hit the vegging plants with Bayer Complete. Instant recovery on about 80%, dead RA's everywhere. Did not see a sign for 1 year with excellent harvests.

Then they came back. Bayer had no effect anymore. Stepped up to Criterion 75 WSP. Same as Merit but far cheaper. Major improvement but bugs kept returning. I use 0.5 grams per gallon which is FAR over the recommended, although nothing in flower. I live in a medical state and supply to many dispensaries where medicine is tested for harmful substances. Passed with flying colors every time.

Aphids definately build up a resistance to IMID. Started with recommended, then 0.25 per gallon, now 0.5 per gallon. This rate holds them in check with no signs in flower but does not eliminate them entirely.

I tried Acephate. ABSOLUTELY no effect. The bugs made a comeback with weekly applications given. Imid worked far far better as it holds them in check.

I tried Excite R on its own. Exactly the same as Evergreen 60-6. Knocks them down but not enough to grow a problem free plant through flower.

Have not tried predatory bugs. Never had them work on other pests.

Recently I ordered some Verticillium Lecanni. They have had excellent results in Europe for greenhouse management of aphids. Have not used any yet. The problem is it is $50 for 1 kg. Dosage is 20 grams per gallon. Yeah $1 per gallon. Botaniguard is about 0.70 cents per gallon. Both of those do not seem very cost effective.

My plan of attack, as none of the previous methods have shown to work completelyon their own.

In Veg

0.5 grams per gallon Criterion 75 every 2 water.
2 ml per gallon Excite R every water.

In Flower

2 ml per gallon Excite R every week in flower till week 4.

As you can see, this gets expensive FAST. My watering requires about 3-400 gallons per week.

Criterion 75. $65 for 180 grams = 18 Cents per Gallon
Excite R $70 for 1 pint = 14 Cent per Galon

So that is 32 cents per gallon or about $80-100 a week on pesticides alone.

If i add the fungicides it will go up to $4-500 per week. I am still deciding if I should make that investment in the hopes that this added will eliminate them completely, or just focus on control and not elimination.

In other words, these fucking bugs SUCK.
FRANKIE1579 is online now Add to FRANKIE1579's Reputation Report Post

O

oldschooltofu

i am having good luck with mighty wash

also just added met52 to the cycle 1.5 weeks ago and have not seen any in my veg room since.

my bloom is 1-2 weeks from done and only seen a few flyers 1.5 weeks later after mightywash drench. my nugs are small but dense this time prob since i used gravity this time. last time it was all hairs and all went in the bubble.

met takes 2-3 weeks to innoculate your soil. so i am just hoping my veg doesnt get reinfested...but i am using met 52 the whole way so we will see. i am also adding it to my houseplants.

good luck. they are the worst bugs ever since they breed asexually live pregnant young and lay eggs that can survive a winter, already tore down once after neem products didnt work.

altimood

altimood

Hate to sound like a broken record but nothing works except Met 52. I've done it all with root aphids: ExciteR, Pyganic, Bayer, Botaniguard, this, that. Met 52 works and keeps those bastards out of the root zone. Its gonna be up to you guys to either source it yourselves, or PM Onespark. If you have over 25 posts or whatever it is, I would be happy to share a contact number in Colorado but you will have to PM me. There's too many requests going on now. I feel for anyone having a problem. But all you have to do is PM Onespark or myself. I think Eyecandi threw up some source info on the other RA thread. Good luck with the battle.

altimood

altimood

i am having good luck with mighty wash

also just added met52 to the cycle 1.5 weeks ago and have not seen any in my veg room since.

my bloom is 1-2 weeks from done and only seen a few flyers 1.5 weeks later after mightywash drench. my nugs are small but dense this time prob since i used gravity this time. last time it was all hairs and all went in the bubble.

met takes 2-3 weeks to innoculate your soil. so i am just hoping my veg doesnt get reinfested...but i am using met 52 the whole way so we will see. i am also adding it to my houseplants.

good luck. they are the worst bugs ever since they breed asexually live pregnant young and lay eggs that can survive a winter, already tore down once after neem products didnt work.

More like 7-10 days to inoculate for me and mine. Maybe even faster.

F

FRANKIE1579

Ordered 22 lbs today. Tried to talk the CA rep into getting me the liquid version if I made a real large order but apparently its still in limited testing. Can't wait till the granules come though. Altimood I feel ya on the anyone who has dealt with these things needs counseling and a hug. I've forgotten what it was like to grow problem free plants, now just maybe some light at the end of this 3 year f*king tunnel

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Does anyone have a link to get this Met 52 ???

treebark1950

treebark1950

Green Mountain Harvest in Co, got me hooked up with a 22 lb bag as well.

Cheers

Top Bottom