Met 52 stops Root Aphids

• Thread starter Onespark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
treebark1950

treebark1950

Sorry motherlode, totally my bad.

Hey Oscar I can't PM. And I think it may be against the rules to post a phone number here. Anyways I paid 480 plus shipping for the 22 lb bag. Google Green Mountain Harvest, and the first page that pops up is them.

Cheers

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter

Hey Oscar I can't PM. And I think it may be against the rules to post a phone number here. Anyways I paid 480 plus shipping for the 22 lb bag. Google Green Mountain Harvest, and the first page that pops up is them.

Cheers

all good man - know your trying to help the farmers here

thanks

peace

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter

Cheers

Thanks Man I found them, I'm going to call & see if I can buy smaller amount like maybe 10 pounds.......Thanks Again......:cool0041:

HungryMan420

HungryMan420

Thanks Man I found them, I'm going to call & see if I can buy smaller amount like maybe 10 pounds.......Thanks Again......:cool0041:

Well hate to be the barrer of bad news they dont sell anything smaller than a 22lb bag i asked every source that has it and every one says 22lbs only hope this helps!!

treebark1950

treebark1950

Just transplanted my ladies into 10 gal smart pots with Met 52 added to them. I also transplanted all my clones into 1/2 gal with Met 52. I don't seem to be having Aphid Problems but just in case. I was told that Met 52 will also kill fungus gnat and spider mite larvae that get in the soil. I just don't want any bugs! I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Thanks again Green Mountain!

treebark1950

treebark1950

Yo GOD, Right on brotha! Thats exactly what I did, I hit them with roots and Great White so now the fun begins.

I'm stoked about the Met 52, any ideas on how to store it, I was thinking about vac sealing left overs in lb increments so I can use them as needed?

Have a good one bro!

PS- I just put that Super Skunk Momma in a 45 gallon and I'm gonna put 2200 watts on that lady and flower her out in about a month, should be nuts!

PSS-(Any word on the Tahoes?)

altimood

altimood

Yo GOD, Right on brotha! Thats exactly what I did, I hit them with roots and Great White so now the fun begins.

I'm stoked about the Met 52, any ideas on how to store it, I was thinking about vac sealing left overs in lb increments so I can use them as needed?

Have a good one bro!

PS- I just put that Super Skunk Momma in a 45 gallon and I'm gonna put 2200 watts on that lady and flower her out in about a month, should be nuts!

PSS-(Any word on the Tahoes?)

I have been using 1 22lb bag for six months. I just rolled up the bag and used an office clip to keep the bag closed. Vac sealing would be great. The only other thing I did was kept it stored in a room that never exceeded 75 degrees and I haven't had any problems. A 22 lb bag goes a LONG way.

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
I just pulled all of my Veg plants and did a 15 minute soak in botaniguard in a 5 gallon bucket at 1- 1 1/2 fl oz / gallon the other day then put back in sterilized pots and its mass exodus of the aphids out of my pots to die on the floor, lol. I am however skeptical with all of the negative input on botaniguard here, so, 1) has anyone tried this method (dunk, not water in) with botaniguard ? If so, success or not? Also using pyrethium bombs for flyers. 2) can someone hit me with a pm for the spot to grab some met52 ? I'm in Denver so if there's anywhere local would be sick. Thanks all, fuck root aphids man, fuckers. This is my first experience with em, think I caught em fairly early. Pretty sure they rode in toy place in bags of fox farm ocean forest like many others believe. Be on the look out yall. Peace! 303

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I recently helped a grow eradicate the RA

killed everyting except the fresh clones (which still had RA) - did the spectracide bath in the cut trays for 2 hours while setting off a p fogger to get the escaping flyers

fogged the flower room and took everything out of the area and did a complete santtize and reinstall (power washed trays/res with bleach and replaced all hoses pumps etc)

set it all back up and for shits and giggles fogged it again

fed with 3ml gal of exciteR (6%) twice while waiting for the met 52 to be delivered

transplanted with met52 as directed

was reported to me yesterday they are almost 6 weeks now totally bug free - nothing crawling or flying in the flower rooms

we had ordered some merit but never used it

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
or you can PM me.

This has an equivalent of Met52 plus a bunch of other helpful shit.

You can read about it here:

and here:

Don't take my word for it because I haven't had to use it for RA's yet (thank god), but other people here are having great success with it.

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Does anyone know if there is a place in or around Denver, Colorado that actually carries met 52? If not, where is a good spot to obtain it online that someone has actually used? Any help is greatly appreciated. On a side note, the plants I dunked and soaked in botaniguard have zero aphid activity, only 5-6 days ago though, Fo.gets crossed! Plants hit with Azamax still have plenty of aphids, but they are still just flooding out of the pots to die on the floor. Peace all!

B

bucketcleaner48

I recently helped a grow eradicate the RA

killed everyting except the fresh clones (which still had RA) - did the spectracide bath in the cut trays for 2 hours while setting off a p fogger to get the escaping flyers

fogged the flower room and took everything out of the area and did a complete santtize and reinstall (power washed trays/res with bleach and replaced all hoses pumps etc)

set it all back up and for shits and giggles fogged it again

fed with 3ml gal of exciteR (6%) twice while waiting for the met 52 to be delivered

transplanted with met52 as directed

was reported to me yesterday they are almost 6 weeks now totally bug free - nothing crawling or flying in the flower rooms

we had ordered some merit but never used it

im battling ra's right now. im just curious how you know what did the killing. you used 3 different things...
i did a root dunk with all my buckets. maybe a minute each, in spectracide at like 30ml per gal. there was an immediate die off of these little bastards. they were floating everywhere. im pretty sure it killed them on contact. i used neem to kill the flyers before i dunked. i havent seen a flyer or crawly since. i have fly traps that have been up a week and they dont havew a thing on them! thats a first!! lol. that was a week ago. i dunked again yesterday just for good measure. this time with the bayer tree and shrub. so i was able to check out every single plants root zone (i have 44) and no body had a single crawly on them. i dunked none the less. i dont want these dudes coming back.
i just wanted post this, cause a few people said they had no luck with merit or spectracide. i believe this may be cause they wernt using the proper dose. i read on one very popular thread that they used something like 11ml per gal of the spec. this is wrong. it says all over that bottle to use 1.5 Tbls per gal. i havent seen anyone use this dose. i did with no ill effects. the tree and shrub uses 1 tsp per gal. i used 2 tbls per 5 gallons of water. no ill effects.
good luck. ps, dont use the tree and shrub in flower! dont use the spec unless you have 3 or more weeks left in flower.

peace.

ps. the spcetracide is $10 and they bayer tree and shrub is $20

$400 for this met 52 seems crazy. but if it works, its always worth it..

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
im pretty sure the spectracide and the fogger got most of them - like you said lots of dead bugs - but we soaked them for 2 hours while doing the fogger at the same time and we also used the dose on the label

from what I read spectracide is only a 95-98% kill rate on RA

the exciteR was a secondary measure to hopefully not build resisstance and the met 52 is to control them in flower in case there are any stragglers

I had to leave during the treatments and havent been back since

using more then one form of attack is key to eliminating most any pest

HungryMan420

HungryMan420

How would i use Met52 in a DWC application cause I just found sun in my shitz!

B

bucketcleaner48

"using more then one form of attack is key to eliminating most any pest"

i couldnt agree more! hence the double attack method of spec and merit. the fly traps are worth it but that just lets you know you already fucked up! lol. i need a preventative as well. tanglefoot is going down on my stems. but im not sure that will help for ra.
i dwc so i guess ill just have to do preventative dunks. id hate to have to continue using merit, the spec is pretty hard core too.
gnatrol dunks twice a cycle i think would work. i wish i knew how i got them to begin with. i live downtown in a major metro. industrial area at that! they probably came in on the clones i bought. i saw flyers before i ever saw crawlies. thats what i get for not looking at each individual's roots at least every couple days. im not taking that chance again.

O

oldschooltofu

so how is everyone doing with met 52.

i have two plants in my flower room vegging and see healthy roots so far and no flyers, no bugs around the drain holes. soil i not solid enough to pull plants out and look at the roots yet.
i added about 20-25grams to 2 5gal pots.

i then added about a gram-2g to each 16 oz cup from what just rooted.

i really hope this is working

ps:
just pulled one out of its pot and all the roots were white and fuzy :)
i think this stuff is working great. i flip to 12/12 in a week. fingers crossed.

never taking in a clone again.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
so how is everyone doing with met 52.

i have two plants in my flower room vegging and see healthy roots so far and no flyers, no bugs around the drain holes. soil i not solid enough to pull plants out and look at the roots yet.
i added about 20-25grams to 2 5gal pots.

i then added about a gram-2g to each 16 oz cup from what just rooted.

i really hope this is working

ps:
just pulled one out of its pot and all the roots were white and fuzy :)
i think this stuff is working great. i flip to 12/12 in a week. fingers crossed.

never taking in a clone again.

I think your supposed to use 20 grams per gallon of soil.. Not positive though..

O

oldschooltofu

2.2g per gal
i just checked the instructions.

then i added a bunch more to the top layer.

my roots are looking nice now.

Top Bottom