Met 52 stops Root Aphids

• Thread starter Onespark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

oldschooltofu

MET 52 cannot be used in hydro. either put them in coco/dirt or use another method. heard if you are in buckets, dry ice can suffocate them (watch youtube)

so i pulled up the rootballs, all white on bottom 3/4 no roots showing in top 1/4
added another 3g per pot on bottom and top
i might just have reg nut deff. plants are growing well. no wax. only saw one bug yesterday while taking clones. so i know i still have them. i think using a fungus, you have to let it do its work over time. i still plan on flipping lights in a few days. tied them down today

my clones and seedlings are growing too. starting to root all white, no wax. (on the two i checked). wil be adding more met 52 as they grow. and def with each transplant.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey Onespark what is the shelf life of this stuff?

C

Compost

Is this stuff available in Canada? BC is now plagued by the RA, and no one is trying anything that works.

Resinable

Resinable

Has anyone tried to incorporate met 52 into an aerated tea? I'm trying to get this stuff to penetrate into a three gallon root ball infected by RA. I transplanted infected three gallon root balls into ten gallon smart pots of roots organic hydro mix which I inoculated with Met 52 @ about 10 grams per gallon (about ten days ago). Also I have been adding a tea with the Met 52 and just got Caps foliar pack which I have also been adding to the tea. Unfortunately the plants are still showing signs of active RAs.

Contemplating killing them and starting fresh but the plants are large and would be ready to flip to flower if healthy.

Danoid

Danoid

What I did with caps benes is on my small plants I mixed enough up to do a 10-15 minute soak in a rubbermaid tub. On my big plants I took a shis kabob sker and poked holes(30 to 40) in my root ball and watered it in very slowly over the coarse of a couple hours. I am in soil/soiles mix and THIS IS NOT Caps instruction it is just what I did most likely overkill. Your results may vary Good Luck in fighting these little bastards

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Has anyone tried to incorporate met 52 into an aerated tea? I'm trying to get this stuff to penetrate into a three gallon root ball infected by RA. I transplanted infected three gallon root balls into ten gallon smart pots of roots organic hydro mix which I inoculated with Met 52 @ about 10 grams per gallon (about ten days ago). Also I have been adding a tea with the Met 52 and just got Caps foliar pack which I have also been adding to the tea. Unfortunately the plants are still showing signs of active RAs.

Contemplating killing them and starting fresh but the plants are large and would be ready to flip to flower if healthy.

You should probably give them more time to recover. Do you use any type of enzyme (hygrozyme, sensizyme, multizyme) when you water? That might help break down the damaged roots and promote new growth.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
another thing I read in my travels about root aphids was to use an insecticide soap (safer makes one) because it helps break down the coating the RAs leave on the roots preventing them from up taking nutes and water

Onespark

Onespark

You should probably give them more time to recover. Do you use any type of enzyme (hygrozyme, sensizyme, multizyme) when you water? That might help break down the damaged roots and promote new growth.

Yes. Interesting thought R. Have not thought about brewing it up with the tea. Anyone playing with this? I don't think you would even need to go that far, but?

D

drobot

Hey everyone!

Having a terrible issue with these little fucks. I've been using SNS-203 and it seems to be working a little, but they were back within two days of my first treatment. About to place my order for this stuff with Susan, but I want to know if anyone has used this stuff in a hydro system. If so, how would I go about applying it? Mix the granulars in with my hydroton? Any advice would be awesome, thanks.

O

oldschooltofu

another thing I read in my travels about root aphids was to use an insecticide soap (safer makes one) because it helps break down the coating the RAs leave on the roots preventing them from up taking nutes and water

thanks for the tip, can you use any soap, i am still seeing Mg def

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
thanks for the tip, can you use any soap, i am still seeing Mg def

wish I knew where I read that - i know it was on an ag schools site

they didnt say what brand of soap - just that it had to be an insecticidal soap

it would break down the waxy deposit the aphids leave on the roots

Resinable

Resinable

Drobot: depends on which kind of hydro you are running; you might try some evergreen 60-6 if you can get it.

I ended up killing my giant plants in ten gallon smart pots; they probably would have pulled through eventually but as I become increasingly desperate probably is just not good enough. It was very hard to do, especially as I examined the root ball and there was tons of healthy new growth.

I have an idea to disinfect my flower room: the room is sealed and well insulated so I could turn off my AC and turn on my HIDs and cook the room for a number of hours. I think this strategy is sometimes used to kill bed bugs; I don't think they can withstand 140 deg for a certain period of time. Anybody have any thoughts on this approach? I am wondering what temps I would need to reach and for how long?

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Headed over to get a 5lb. Bag from Green Mountain harvest in about an hour, they were kind enough to break it down for me. It's time to finally be rid of these Fukn things. My battle has only been going about 3 months but has been MAAD expensive, can't wait til its done ( god I hope it will be). Continuing with microbe lift for gnats and also have 50,000,000 nematodes coming in, just in case. Thanks for the met 52 info Altimood and Onespark! Peace and good luck all. MOTIV

O

oldschooltofu

i think the met 52 will kill the nematodes. might want to check on that before applying?

altimood

altimood

i think the met 52 will kill the nematodes. might want to check on that before applying?
It won't kill nematodes. It kills bugs with hard outer exoskeletons. Fungus gnats could give shlitz about Met. I'd say run the nematodes if you already have them. Can't hurt. Met will slay those root aphids.:nod

Latest posts

Top Bottom