Michigan Dispensaries?

• Thread starter NotaRasta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NotaRasta

NotaRasta

So are all dispenaries closed for the time being in Michigan?

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

hell no , there are 3 running in my area .IM way up in the middle of no were almost up at copper harbor
I saw something about a proposal to shut them doen until licenses are issued but didnt know if it was happening or not.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

The state was given 1.3mil or billion (i forgot) to shut them.all.down. Gaylord got hit 3 weeks or so ago.

And FUCK dispensaries and their greedy ass business models. Stay local, at least you might know what goes or doesn't go into your flowers.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

In about 5 mins, fox2 is airing their dispo story.

Edit
they have until mid December to apply for licence. If not, illegal and will be shut down. Local LE has right to shut down.

Dewd

Dewd

I wonder how many 10s of thousands a license will cost.
Not that I'm looking to get one.
Just curious.
I think I'd prefer a grow liscence anyway

Sinner D

Sinner D

I simply can't see this new medical market in Michigan being any more affordable for the common patient that now relies on the current dispensaries, collectives, provisioning centers, and the current 'grey market' pricing. It's going to drive prices and street market up, and eventually quality, down. That's just an opinion, and I'm sure none of that will last forever, but it's definitely going to fuck with a LOT of people here in Michigan that got comfortable in a consumer created/driven market. :drunk:

Dewd

Dewd

I simply can't see this new medical market in Michigan being any more affordable for the common patient that now relies on the current dispensaries, collectives, provisioning centers, and the current 'grey market' pricing. It's going to drive prices and street market up, and eventually quality, down. That's just an opinion, and I'm sure none of that will last forever, but it's definitely going to fuck with a LOT of people here in Michigan that got comfortable in a consumer created/driven market. :drunk:
I agree. I wish it would stay just like it is. Maybe allow a few more dispensaries and also allow caregivers to unload their overages to them.

Dewd

Dewd

I don't think their goal is to make it more affordable. Just more accessible and taxable.

Sinner D

Sinner D

That accessibility comes under the ever loved disguise of SAFE. I think the safety will deteriorate in large-scale operations over time, possibly quicker than one might think. For public safety sake, I hope I'm wrong. All it takes is finding the right 'loop hole' and (soon) illegally produced product can easily be mixed in with the seed-to-sale tracked legal plants. As far as taxation, shit, all states considering or conceiving new medical or recreational cannabis laws right now are all after that tax money in their own fashion. :banghead:

Latest posts

Top Bottom