• Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
BY BARRY BARD ON APRIL 7TH, 2015

http://news.invalid.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/pure-mich.jpg

The state of Michigan has had medical marijuana in place since 2008, but not until recently has the program really been given its freedom wings to fly. Now, with the state's medical cannabis program on the up and patients gaining access, the state has turned its focus to an even bigger goal: all-out legalization.

Speaking at Ann Arbor's 44th Annual Hash Bash over the weekend, State Representative and Democrat Jeff Irwin told a receptive crowd that he's currently penning a legalization bill that would mirror Colorado's law.

"It's going to be Colorado improved in the Great Lakes state," he said.
Once drafted, Irwin will submit the bill to state legislatures. While the bill has a long way to go before it meets the light of day (see: voters). the bill already has one key supporter in Lansing, Michigan mayor Virg Bernero, who voiced his support."It is a shame that in the year 2015 pot is still politically polarizing," he said. "A lot of people are still afraid to embrace legalization. I'm proud to say my thinking has evolved."
True words. Amongst the other influential speakers at Hash Bash were an 18-year-old woman for whom cannabis oil cured her cancer twice, a veteran with PTSD who cannabis aids daily, and the ever-influential Tommy Chong. And in true Chong fashion, Chong provided this blunt and poignant message to the crowd:"I really have one message for the government of the United States: decriminalize it," he said. "Today is a celebration of the greatest plant known to me. I'm going to smoke one right now." [MLive.com]
Decriminalization is happening soon-ish--and we are all taking part in or witnessing history.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Is it going to be actual decriminalization or "legalization" aka regulation? I really hope MI and CA learn from the mistakes made in WA and CO and keep the latter out. Unless you want to go from making 100k+/yr with legal protection to making $12/hr to make somebody else rich OR being black market again without legal protection, vote NO on any and all "legalization" initiatives.

F

friend

Is it going to be actual decriminalization or "legalization" aka regulation? I really hope MI and CA learn from the mistakes made in WA and CO and keep the latter out. Unless you want to go from making 100k+/yr with legal protection to making $12/hr to make somebody else rich OR being black market again without legal protection, vote NO on any and all "legalization" initiatives.
+1 ( I am tired of the goverment fucking me) :mad:

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

pass!!!!!

give one idiot the legal right to smoke..and drive..and potential KILL your family, and EVERY idiot in Michigan will soon follow. granted there are people who do that currently, but just imagine of it were legalized the chaos and shit that would surely come.

I value my family safety vs legalization of pot. and ive been smoking for 25+ years. 21 of them illegally. I ss no need to change anything BUT readjust the current legal medical use laws.

R

rascali

Ya, that's right, we got ours - fuck everyone else! fckemalltohll!!!!!!!!!!!!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
pass!!!!!

give one idiot the legal right to smoke..and drive..and potential KILL your family, and EVERY idiot in Michigan will soon follow. granted there are people who do that currently, but just imagine of it were legalized the chaos and shit that would surely come.

I value my family safety vs legalization of pot. and ive been smoking for 25+ years. 21 of them illegally. I ss no need to change anything BUT readjust the current legal medical use laws.

No one in any state where marijuana is legal for rec use has any legal right to drive under the influence...

the blanket law of operating under the influence still covers legal drugs, including but not even limited to over the counter shit as well as RX, DUI is DUI... Its illegal to operate a vehicle under the influence period.. Regardless of the substances legality..

Shamus

Shamus

I thought MI was the only state to have a law allowing MMJ users to drive high, as long as they pass a standard field test..

Right?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I thought MI was the only state to have a law allowing MMJ users to drive high, as long as they pass a standard field test..

Right?

Since when? lol

So it seems we do! :D Tho Im skeptical at how much protection that really offers. (Still Illegal to drive stoned..)

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — The Michigan Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that medical marijuana users aren't automatically breaking the law if they're caught driving after using the drug.

The court unanimously overturned an appeals court decision in the case of a Grand Traverse Countyman, Rodney Koon. He was stopped in 2010 for speeding — going nearly 30 mph over the limit.

Koon admitted having smoked medical marijuana earlier, and a blood test revealed the drug in his system.

It's illegal for Michigan drivers to consume marijuana. But the state high court said medical marijuana users have some protection. The court says police must show that a driver actually was "under the influence" of marijuana for a charge to stick.

Michigan voters approved medical use of marijuana in 2008.

The medical marijuana law "shields registered patients from prosecution for the internal possession of marijuana," the judges said.

At the same time, the law prohibits driving "while under the influence of marijuana." But it fails to specify what level of marijuana in the body constitutes being "under the influence," the opinion said.

The court suggested lawmakers consider setting a marijuana limit, similar to a blood alcohol level.

"It goes almost without saying that the (medical marijuana law) is an imperfect statute, the interpretation of which has repeatedly required this Court's intervention," the justices said. "Indeed, this case could have been easily resolved if the (law) had provided a definition of 'under the influence.'"

Cannis

Cannis

A couple stupid bitches from some University came up with a way to test for recent use of Mj.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

mi passed a sort of law where is really hard to prove when a legal patient has smoked and to arrest them with DWI/DUI for mj. there isnt a test in the world that can tell when one has smoked last as mj stays in the system for up up to 30 days or even longer.

this was to protect us legal patients from prosecution of mj use.

B

Burned Haze

No offense but in are the moonshiners Hated the laws to change .

We need the med states to
Move forward with adding rec
To the cannabis industry and not disregarding it because of certain people have no interest in rec and are in need of certain medical requirements and under 21 age .

We also need to realize that once it's federal like liquor and tobacco it's just going to require the licensing and high and restrictive business so it keeps out the people who don't want that. Point is there's small beer Brewers and small wineries but they all require lisence and code to
Become that .

Yea the gold miners and lazy are going to be out but the true farmers and passionate businessman might be harder to kick out unless impossible rules and law like previous

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

No offense but in are the moonshiners Hated the laws to change .

We need the med states to
Move forward with adding rec
To the cannabis industry and not disregarding it because of certain people have no interest in rec and are in need of certain medical requirements and under 21 age .

We also need to realize that once it's federal like liquor and tobacco it's just going to require the licensing and high and restrictive business so it keeps out the people who don't want that. Point is there's small beer Brewers and small wineries but they all require lisence and code to
Become that .

Yea the gold miners and lazy are going to be out but the true farmers and passionate businessman might be harder to kick out unless impossible rules and law like previous
No offense but your comment seems super ignorant. What state do you live in? Do you have any actual experience with living in a state that transitioned from medical to recreational or are you just talking out the side of your neck?

It's not the "lazy" affected by such a transition, it's the people who don't have 500k-1mill in expendable income to invest in a risky cash hemorrhaging venture to keep doing their thing.

Once rec moves in, law makers ruthlessly push out the cottage industry. There is honor in my trade. Just because I don't want to be part of a commercial grow operation and do not have the resources to do so even if I did, does not mean I am lazy or inept.

I would gladly submit to reasonable regulation and pay my taxes if the government would let me. However, that will never be an option. Government is only interested in accommodating big business interests nowadays.

Last edited:
Sunbaked

Sunbaked

thank god we have 7 honest people on the supreme court. From both parties. Actually know what a ballot passed law means.

Latest posts

Top Bottom