Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PharmHand

Nice bikes dude. We share similar hobbies, I've got a decent pair of Rocky Mountain trail bikes the wife and I use for beating trails around the island. And we both do quite a bit of ocean kayaking as well.

My real love is sailing around the gulf islands off the east coast of Vancouver island on my 26' sailboat, stopping in on small uninhabited islands and camping out with either the family or a few buddies. I truely live in paradise. Just us, the boat, the water, and the islands, no cops out harassing anyone and we can do as we please. Have bonfires and listen to tunes, shoot clay pigeons, smoke ridiculous amounts of pot, maybe eat some mushrooms and have a few beers. Completely detached from society if you want to be.

Life is good.

View attachment 861865 View attachment 861866 View attachment 861869 View attachment 861868 View attachment 861867
By far the nicest place to live in all of Canada. People find it hard to believe there are places that go years without sub freezing temps. Pretty much Canada’s Hawaii. I hope to end up there one day.....

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
By far the nicest place to live in all of Canada. People find it hard to believe there are places that go years without sub freezing temps. Pretty much Canada’s Hawaii. I hope to end up there one day.....

I'm going to agree with all of that. We had about 3 days of snow this year, and about as many sub freezing. Been 10-15 celcius the past couple weeks. Just about time to get back out on the boat!

Regarding the use of dunks, we had the most luck crushing them up and sprinkling them on the soil surface and watering it in. They never got rid of them for me though... I had a constant battle with them for 2 years.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm going to agree with all of that. We had about 3 days of snow this year, and about as many sub freezing. Been 10-15 celcius the past couple weeks. Just about time to get back out on the boat!

Regarding the use of dunks, we had the most luck crushing them up and sprinkling them on the soil surface and watering it in. They never got rid of them for me though... I had a constant battle with them for 2 years.

What did you finally do to get rid of them?

Farmer P

Farmer P

Cool thread Mimed! Subbed. I love the look of your plants. Variety is great but haven't you come across any where you smoked it and were like damn I wish I would have kept a cut of that! It seems to me that a very small percentage are so much better than the rest. My buddy came across one recently that is so good I'll probably grow it for the rest of my life. I think growing the same plant over and over will teach some important lessons too and give some good feedback as to whether any new techniques or ferts really work.
Anyway reading your comments has led me in better directions and I thank you for that!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Cool thread Mimed! Subbed. I love the look of your plants. Variety is great but haven't you come across any where you smoked it and were like damn I wish I would have kept a cut of that! It seems to me that a very small percentage are so much better than the rest. My buddy came across one recently that is so good I'll probably grow it for the rest of my life. I think growing the same plant over and over will teach some important lessons too and give some good feedback as to whether any new techniques or ferts really work.
Anyway reading your comments has led me in better directions and I thank you for that!

Thank you. That is an amazing compliment. And I have had plants and kept clones I thought were better or stood out but there is always a better grow. And i end up ditching the saved or rerun clone.

I used to think BLT was very heady weed. Not much body high but a great representation of a sativa. After 40 tries or so the plants i am growing from the same seed packs come out much more potent and balanced. And the plants are more managable and healthier in general. I have practiced and grow them better now. I am familiar with some phenos and know them right away. Like running a clone til dialed in but i want to do it with every seed. Lol. Good luck right! ;-)

I think there is much potential to be unlocked in every plant. And that some are much easier to grow well than others. And the best ones are hard to grow. And maybe not as desirable.

No one has complained. There are never any “left overs” if you show up late. Lol.

Phylex

Phylex

And, what is it? Curious minds would like to know

Phylex

Phylex

And MIMedGrower - As I've said before, you're absolutely killing it. Your talent with growing is inspiring. Looking at some of your previous posts in other threads is what actually made me want to try bamboo stakes rather than SCROG. In the finally hour I did resort back to a SCROG, but every time I see your pics, I tell myself, "I really need to try his/her method of bamboo stakes on my next run."

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What are these dunk things you are referring to. I have run into some gnats with this new batch of soil I got. I have 10 more bags of it,ugh!. I'm going to put it in the oven when I mix my next batch up, but still need to get rid of the gnats I got now

Called Mosquito Dunks or Mosquito Bits. They contain a bacteria called BT that the larvae eat and it kills them.

Also should use yellow sticky cards to catch some flyers.

But I cant vouch for effectiveness yet. Takes a month at least to make sure they are gone.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

And MIMedGrower - As I've said before, you're absolutely killing it. Your talent with growing is inspiring. Looking at some of your previous posts in other threads is what actually made me want to try bamboo stakes rather than SCROG. In the finally hour I did resort back to a SCROG, but every time I see your pics, I tell myself, "I really need to try his/her method of bamboo stakes on my next run."

I think it depends on what we are trying to achieve. If i was only growing one clone i might use a net as all the plants will come up even.

With seeds i dont know exactly what i will be dealing with so i need a system that works for any plant.

I have considered a 2 ring tomato cage to simplify things and help keep plants in their proper space.

Erick31876

Erick31876

Called Mosquito Dunks or Mosquito Bits. They contain a bacteria called BT that the larvae eat and it kills them.

Also should use yellow sticky cards to catch some flyers.

But I cant vouch for effectiveness yet. Takes a month at least to make sure they are gone.
Are they the things younput in water that are suppose to kill tge eggs and larvae. I have a drainage ditch next to my yard and they are very bad there so I brought these disc looking things. It looked like a big alka seltzer that kills the eggs and larvae. If that is the same thing I know what it is than. I didn't know they worked on gnats also.

Axel Rose

Axel Rose

@Phylex
Bamboo stakes are the way to go. On top of making plants more mobile it helps create a path for water to run and penetrate the soil better. Once you figure how u want to apply them to your grow you won't look back. Some grower like making tee pees with them and others make mini scrog outta them. I have to get some my GG4 wont stop falling over.:)
20190318 174310

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom