Misty Mountain Kush Nightmare

• Thread starter SirHacksALot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SirHacksALot

SirHacksALot

Greetings fellow growers!

I was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I have been searching for a week to figure out what is going on. Hopefully, with the information I provide will be of some use. This plant has been a bloody nightmare from day one but I've got 6 weeks into her and could surely use another opinion. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Picked this clone up from a dispensary. Had PM (powered mildew) the first week with me. Corrected issue veg for another week. Been in flower for 4 weeks.

Basic info-

Indoor grow
Tent 80x80x60
Vivosun intake & exhaust fans plus two clips fans
2x 200w CFL 2700k
2x 1000w LED
Soil - Happy Frog/Promix
Day Temp/RH 77-80 40%-50%
Night Temp/RH 72-77 45%-55%
Water every 3 days PH 5.5-6.5
Run off and soil ph 6-6.5
Nutes- Maxigrow during Veg, CalMag & Zulu Charlie every other water. Straight only water last week when first issues emerged. They seem to only be progressing.

Issue-
Leaves appear to turned pale green and crispy then eventually die. Seems to hit older fan leaves.

Pics-

Misty mountain kush nightmare
Misty mountain kush nightmare 2
Misty mountain kush nightmare 3
Misty mountain kush nightmare 4
Misty mountain kush nightmare 5
Last edited:
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Two things come to mind, what did you spray? It may have caused some phototoxicity

Might be underfeeding a lil bit too if it's yellowing from the bottom. Yellowing from bottom to top means underfert. Top to bottom means over fert.

Looks generally healthy. Check out regalia for pm. Or any biological fungicide

SirHacksALot

SirHacksALot

Magnificent Manchester-

I didn't spray anything. I cut infected areas and cranked up my dehumidifier. Had her in solitary confinement lol. She was just a little thug back then.

I've notice infected leaves seem to be sporadic some on bottom some on top. Like one stem will have two near the top and another will be in the middle.

Thank you so much for your time and input!

SirHacksALot

SirHacksALot

Add calmag. I think that week straight of water had them hungry... use it and you will notice it looking better in 1 week. Takes a little time tho

Dope Dopesauce-

I was adding CalMag every other water when all these strange leaves emerged. I backed off nutrients because my initial diagnosis was Nute Burn.

Thanks for the advice!

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Dope Dopesauce-

I was adding CalMag every other water when all these strange leaves emerged. I backed off nutrients because my initial diagnosis was Nute Burn.

Thanks for the advice!
If it was nute burn at first. Start with a flush... After that I do that i hit it with full chem line up with your calmag on top. Then on next watering just plain ph water. Then on the next watering I go back to chem. I always alternate with chem, water, chem, water, chem, water. I do this so it gets full strength nutes. It is well fed. Then when it is thirsty on the next watering I give just water. This way by the time it's ready for food/chem again it will be hungry to eat it all up. Then back to water, then chem, then water. You get the idea... I always get just a very little tip burn by the end of weeks 6-8. But it will be ok... i know im just pushing chems at it limits.

Anyways that what works for me. Every grow is different and your water quality might not be the same. But give that a go. Start with the flush.. And always remember..... When in doubt flush it out...

Last edited:
SirHacksALot

SirHacksALot

If it was nute burn at first. Start with a flush... After that I do that i hit it with full chem line up with your calmag on top. Then on next watering just plain ph water. Then on the next watering I go back to chem. I always alternate with chem, water, chem, water, chem, water. I do this so it gets full strength nutes. It is well fed. Then when it is thirsty on the next watering I give just water. This way by the time it's ready for food/chem again it will be hungry to eat it all up. Then back to water, then chem, then water. You get the idea... I always get just a very little tip burn by the end of weeks 6-8. But it will be ok... i know im just pushing chems at it limits.

Anyways that what works for me. Every grow is different and your water quality might not be the same. But give that a go. Start with the flush.. And always remember..... When in doubt flush it out...

Dynamic Dopesauce-

Awesome, will give it a whirl. Thank you.

Dunge

Dunge

I grow in super soil, so only tea additions through harvest.
If you take out the blood meal, bone meal, worm castings, and compost; what is left is a nutrient deprived medium.
If you don't provide the nutrient, the plant doesn't get any.
This is how I think about it.

I'd top dress, and scratch in, some quality organics. Worm castings, compost, and the sort.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

From my personal experience if I go full strength nutes every watering. I burn things. By going chem, water, chem, water I prevent over feeding and burning. I still manage to burn it a little bit just the tip. But like I said nobody grows are gonna be the same... strains, water quality, environment, chem line up, soil or hydro . All those factors will add up to how well your plant can take chems. Some strains can take alot of chems. Some is very easy to burn.

Depending on your Ppms tho you can feed chems everyday. But I would not go full strength on what the bottle says... more like 50-75%.
20171101 123413
see how my tips are just starting to burn... they look like this every season at the end near weeks 6-8. If I feed everyday full strength. They usually burn.... I feed crazy tho. I give it the entire line up with every supplement.
20171101 123327

Last edited:
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Why would a farmer willfully deprive the plant of nutrients that it wants?
Is this "hunger" intended to scold or motivate the plant?
Plants don't think like this.
They get what they need, or they don't.
The guy said he thought he had nute burn so I don't think he is going organics like you. When I said hungry I really meant thirsty/getting dry. I find that if I give full strength nutes with the entire line up additives... I can get away with going chem, then water twice B4 going chem again and still pull off some good weight and frost... But I prefer every other watering is chem for the same reason. I don't wanna deprive my plants any nutrients... But I don't wanna burn them too. Once you burn em you can't unburn leaves. Less is usually more. Well at least that's what works for me n my strains.

SirHacksALot

SirHacksALot

I grow in super soil, so only tea additions through harvest.
If you take out the blood meal, bone meal, worm castings, and compost; what is left is a nutrient deprived medium.
If you don't provide the nutrient, the plant doesn't get any.
This is how I think about it.

I'd top dress, and scratch in, some quality organics. Worm castings, compost, and the sort.

Thanks for this tips. Do you agree that I'm lackin CalMag?

SirHacksALot

SirHacksALot

The guy said he thought he had nute burn so I don't think he is going organics like you. When I said hungry I really meant thirsty/getting dry. I find that if I give full strength nutes with the entire line up additives... I can get away with going chem, then water twice B4 going chem again and still pull off some good weight and frost... But I prefer every other watering is chem for the same reason. I don't wanna deprive my plants any nutrients... But I don't wanna burn them too. Once you burn em you can't unburn leaves. Less is usually more. Well at least that's what works for me n my strains.

Dopest of Dope Dopesauce,

First off. Holllllllllyyyyy cow did your pics make my mouth water.... Dayum that looooooks fine as hell. What strain is that?

Second, I appreciate your tips. I flushed her out and cranked up my dehumidifier. Hoping next day or so I can try giving her a line up and see how she does.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Dopest of Dope Dopesauce,

First off. Holllllllllyyyyy cow did your pics make my mouth water.... Dayum that looooooks fine as hell. What strain is that?

Second, I appreciate your tips. I flushed her out and cranked up my dehumidifier. Hoping next day or so I can try giving her a line up and see how she does.
Thanks, glad u enjoy the pic. The strain is called Conspiracy Pie or ConPie for short. It's a cross of Conspiracy Kush from TGA genetics and a Cherry Pie clone. It's my own strain...

If your plants are looking a lil pale and the lower old fan leaves are dying and the yellow is traveling from bellow to the top. I'm pretty sure calmag will help. But it will take about a week at least b4 it starts looking happy again. Oh and what Irie said. If you are in soil try to shoot for a ph of 6.3 - 6.7 If your ph is out of that range if its lower like 5.5 or higher like 7.0 all your nutrients even if you go full strength might not be available for your plants to uptake them even if you mixed it in. The plants cant pull and use all the nutrients you have mixed and so its causing your plants to have some deficiencies. The plants if feed with the right ph can make a difference. So ph your chems after your done mixing and ph it on plain water day. Try to keep it in the optimal range 6.3 - 6.7 Good luck bro =]

Last edited:
SirHacksALot

SirHacksALot

It's getting wayyy worse....
Leave curling, drying up.

Any suggestions?

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

What's the ph in that soil? Have you test run off? Or have a soil ph stick?

Latest posts

Top Bottom