Mites Problems

• Thread starter MANUTD21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MANUTD21

hi guys i have a mite problems week 6 in flower.the problem was really bad but it seems little better since i introduced predatormites by bioline but its still quite bad.
what can i use on the plants spray wise to kill em all off or at least control them till harvest that wont affect the buds and thc etc.read up alot that certain products can be bad for the buds at this stage.want get rid of the bastards once and for all.i have little bit of webbing to from leaf to leaf but hasnt reached buds just yet.ive dropped temps to and humidity but they seem still be around

Enforcer

Enforcer

I had good luck with Green Cleaner in the 5th-6th weeks of flower. I hit them three times, three days apart each. It didn’t completely eliminate them, but it got me to harvest without them causing any more damage.

But it will kill your predator mites too.

Hackerman

Hackerman

I don't think I would spray anything that late into flower. I just got over a 6 month battle with mites and I used predators in my flower room and they worked pretty well.

However, Persimilis do not do well in the 12/12 cycle so try to get some californicus or cucumeris or swirskii. They do better in the 12/12 cycle.

I did have to re-introduce a new batch every 8 or 10 days to keep the 2-spotted mites under control. It's not a one-time thing. Nothing is for mites. LOL

I also did an experiment with adding a blue LED to the room during the lights off cycle to help keep the predators happy while not interrupting the flowering cycle. Nothing conclusive but it did seem to help.

Good luck.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@Hackerman

Plants utilize blue light spectrum. Plants can' puck up green. Reason why some growers leave a green light on in their flower room when lights off if they have to go in during dark.

X2 on bot spraying anything in flower this late.

Hackerman

Hackerman

The blue light will not interfere with the production of Florigen so the plants will continue on their flowering schedule without interruption. Agreed that the plants will use the blue light in other ways. I have run blue lights during the night cycle in a number of different experiments. In this case, to provide the mites with a longer day.

Carotenoids produced by mites to measure time absorb light between 375-525nm (Blue) so I added the blue in hopes of increasing the survival rate of the predators (without interrupting the critical period).

H

Hazed17

You can buy a little bomb thing fromhydro shops. Kills all the bugs and harmlessto your girls. Tried and tested

H

Hazed17

Sorry to jump in her but I don't know how to post my own thread...does anyone know if I can use top shooter same time as overdrive?

M

MANUTD21

i thinkk the predator mites are doen there work but not quite sure what colour the predators are lol.i have like a clear off yellow type looking mite and a blackish brown colour type

Hackerman

Hackerman

The bad ones are usually clear to milky with black on their shoulders. Good guys can be clear, red or green. Sometimes it depends on what they eat.

Hear are some Google images of 2-spotted mites.

M

MANUTD21

RITE GUYS IVE LOWERD TEMPS SO GOT IT ROUND 22/23 DEGREES CELCIUS LIGHTSA ON AND ROUND 15/16 DEGREES CELCIUS LIGHTS OFF.I SEEM TO HAVE THEM UNDER CONTROL AND THE EGGS ARNT HATCHING.IVE JUST GOT SOME MIGHTY WASH BUT SCARED IT MITE AFFECT THE TRICHOMES ON BUDS OR EVEN THE TAISTE.I STILL HAVE 2 WEEKS TO GO TILL HARVEST SO I SHUD BE OK USING 1 TREATMENT OF IT.WHAT YA RECKON GUYS

Top Bottom