Mixing Nutrients In Ro Water.

• Thread starter straincreation
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
straincreation

straincreation

Ok so ive been doing this for years and i know everyone has there way of doing it and every company recommends a different order im curious to see what order everyone is mixing there nutrients. Im talking a full hydro line up whatever your brand is even if its mixed. Any chemists in the house, im really in search of the best way that these chems, and salts will mix with zero elements being locked out.
So heres how i mix and have had great results, witha few freak grows that baffled me till this day.
1. Silica
2. Calmag
3. Catlyst
4. B vitamins
5. Zyms
6. Booster(s)
7. Sweetner i.e. budcandy,terpinator
8. Bloom A
9.Bloom B
Ph the rez accordingly

(Optional) I then either microbes,tea,or h202

So anyone that is hitting 2+ a light id like to here your thoughts. I only say thay cause this way of mixing has me hitting these numvers so some ody not hitting these numbers, quite frankly there advice would be void.

Thanks in advance happy farmin!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Move Bloom A to #3.

Rule of thumb: Nitrates first. Sulfates second. In 2 parts A will usually have cal nitrate in it. Part B, Bloom boosters, sweeteners will usually have Mg/K sulfate in them. Cal nitrate + mag sulfate = a bad time. Mix all the nitrates in first and give it a little time before you hit the B and the boosters ect. You are correct with the Silica first before everything. It doesn't like to dilute into non pure water from what I'm told.

As far as when to mix B vit, zymes ect I dont think it really matters if they are pure. I would throw them in towards then end. I would also mix part b after the A and before all the other boosters/sweeteners.

straincreation

straincreation

Okay so calmag isnt going to interfere with the silica, ive had mixed feelings on adding it 2nd or last. But its worked fine so far, so basically ab before all additives, besides silica, cal mag, and adding all my mychos post mix, and phing correct?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Okay so calmag isnt going to interfere with the silica, ive had mixed feelings on adding it 2nd or last. But its worked fine so far, so basically ab before all additives, besides silica, cal mag, and adding all my mychos post mix, and phing correct?

Correct

Silica
Calmg
Bloom A
Bloom B

Basically just read the label and anything with xxxxx nitrate in it add it before B.

Silica always in plain water first.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Use silica by itself, it’s a chelator , drops the iron out of cal mag if added to calmag sol.
Notice the stains on your mixing vessel? It’s the iron getting ionized into to insoluble.
Used with nitrates silica is fine.
Just never with pho’s and cal mag. And never ever with h202.
All can be used concurrently but just Co mingling some with silica is a waste. Use Silica. Foliar is even better

straincreation

straincreation

I dont have any stains in my mixing rez unless i use liquid karma and let it sit there for a day or two, also dtw in hugos so im not feeding silica by itself, foliar ya i suppose its a possibility but not ideal for a commercial setup imo. Ive been mixing silca in my regimen for 10 + years and its always gone first. Could you enlighten what effect silica has on P cause i have yet to read anything on potassium silicate locking out P. Your post is kinda choppy, you say comingling with silica is a waste how so? Are you saying that the silica is not being utilized, cause my plants react to silica evertime its fed. You say chelator all my nutrients are chelated already salts that are made aoluble by chelation processes so this is redundant unless your growing organics tryna add silica. So please enlighten us on the point your tryig to get across.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I dont have any stains in my mixing rez unless i use liquid karma and let it sit there for a day or two, also dtw in hugos so im not feeding silica by itself, foliar ya i suppose its a possibility but not ideal for a commercial setup imo. Ive been mixing silca in my regimen for 10 + years and its always gone first. Could you enlighten what effect silica has on P cause i have yet to read anything on potassium silicate locking out P. Your post is kinda choppy, you say comingling with silica is a waste how so? Are you saying that the silica is not being utilized, cause my plants react to silica evertime its fed. You say chelator all my nutrients are chelated already salts that are made aoluble by chelation processes so this is redundant unless your growing organics tryna add silica. So please enlighten us on the point your tryig to get across.
In soil, organic. Salt farmers don’t need to worry about locking out p. Remember silica is potassium silicate.

Just a few of many links one can “google” regarding potassium silicate. And it’s uses and or over uses. Balance is key and well when growowing organic, adding synthetic amendments do cause a real harm. But for hydro , one just doesn’t have any other options so the caution is there as toxicity’s do occur.
Organic cal mag drops out like a sob , least in my experience.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inmygr...trient-part-four-potassium-and-marijuana/amp/

Last edited:
ethcan

ethcan

Use silica by itself, it’s a chelator , drops the iron out of cal mag if added to calmag sol.
Notice the stains on your mixing vessel? It’s the iron getting ionized into to insoluble.
Used with nitrates silica is fine.
Just never with pho’s and cal mag. And never ever with h202.
All can be used concurrently but just Co mingling some with silica is a waste. Use Silica. Foliar is even better

In soil, organic. Salt farmers don’t need to worry about locking out p. Remember silica is potassium silicate.

Just a few of many links one can “google” regarding potassium silicate. And it’s uses and or over uses. Balance is key and well when growowing organic, adding synthetic amendments do cause a real harm. But for hydro , one just doesn’t have any other options so the caution is there as toxicity’s do occur.
Organic cal mag drops out like a sob , least in my experience.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inmygr...trient-part-four-potassium-and-marijuana/amp/

What about silicon sources such SST?

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Ok so ive been doing this for years and i know everyone has there way of doing it and every company recommends a different order im curious to see what order everyone is mixing there nutrients. Im talking a full hydro line up whatever your brand is even if its mixed. Any chemists in the house, im really in search of the best way that these chems, and salts will mix with zero elements being locked out.
So heres how i mix and have had great results, witha few freak grows that baffled me till this day.
1. Silica
2. Calmag
3. Catlyst
4. B vitamins
5. Zyms
6. Booster(s)
7. Sweetner i.e. budcandy,terpinator
8. Bloom A
9.Bloom B
Ph the rez accordingly

(Optional) I then either microbes,tea,or h202

So anyone that is hitting 2+ a light id like to here your thoughts. I only say thay cause this way of mixing has me hitting these numvers so some ody not hitting these numbers, quite frankly there advice would be void.

Thanks in advance happy farmin!
Terpinator isnt a sweetener

straincreation

straincreation

@TerpyTyrone Please dont come to my thread spreading mis info without any research to back it thanks Lil t

Latest posts

Top Bottom