Moby Dick By Dinafem

• Thread starter GratefulOkie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

Just wanted to upload a couple pics of my babies. 9 weeks veg this week will be their last. (My fault as a newb) Switching to 12/12 in a few more days. I have been defoling these girls 3 to 4 fan leaves every other day and seems like they grow 2 more in their place overnight! Lol. Also any and every leaf on top of the canopy has new baby leaves just underneath waving st you when you move the leaves around. I am doing a 20% defol and letting them heal up a bit then switching. Hopefully Thursday will be the day, maybe Friday

Moby dick by dinafem
Moby dick by dinafem 2
GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

Just wanted to upload a couple pics of my babies. 9 weeks veg this week will be their last. (My fault as a newb) Switching to 12/12 in a few more days. I have been defoling these girls 3 to 4 fan leaves every other day and seems like they grow 2 more in their place overnight! Lol. Also any and every leaf on top of the canopy has new baby leaves just underneath waving st you when you move the leaves around. I am doing a 20% defol and letting them heal up a bit then switching. Hopefully Thursday will be the day, maybe Friday

So defoled them last night. Today all of the new growth exploded. No stall at all. All 23 of my mains are growing like nothing happened. Actually looks like I need to clip a few more already. Again!!! I will switch to flower on Wednesday for sure if they keep this up.

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

So defoled them last night. Today all of the new growth exploded. No stall at all. All 23 of my mains are growing like nothing happened. Actually looks like I need to clip a few more already. Again!!! I will switch to flower on Wednesday for sure if they keep this up.

Well here they are. All manicured up waiting for flower. Still think I will switch on Wednesday

20181126 220718
20181126 220729
20181126 220619
20181126 220644
20181126 220615
20181126 220653
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Thank you. I am definately sold on doing Manifolds. For sure. Gonna try a SCROG next time but I like the manifold so far. Think I may try a different hydro setup and better nutes. This is my first grow so went with the simplest. General Hydroponics. Would like to do an organic hydro setup. Got any suggestions?
Sorry bro, I grow old school, soil only. There’s plenty of peeps here that will be chiming in to help you out. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

15/9? Never heard that before. I’m interested. I’ve never had success pulling fan leaves but it looks like you got it nailed. Good job
Just reading a blog about it and they were saying how it eases them in their transition. Less stressful. The other forum I browse around in set me straight on it tho. There is not enough testing to support it. Also this supposed 6/2 short day veg cycle. If u want I will post the link to the blog if its allowed. It's from Royal Queen Seeds or something like....

Thank you for the kind words. Took some learning, now in my 8th week of veg, but I finally got the defol down.

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

Mam, this brings back memories. Ran this heavy back in 2010-2012. Still to this day the only strain that made me want to eat everything in the fridge followed by the refrigerator itself

Nice, I have heard nothing but good things about it. The only reason I ran it. Wanna run Moby Dick XXL Auto next. Dinafem has their shit together that's for sure. I am a newb and these girls have been very forgiving.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Nice, I have heard nothing but good things about it. The only reason I ran it. Wanna run Moby Dick XXL Auto next. Dinafem has their shit together that's for sure. I am a newb and these girls have been very forgiving.

They're strong. We used to push our EC to around 2.8-3.4 weeks 3-7 in flower with no signs of overfeeding at all. All this nostalgia has me ready to do a little shopping

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

They're strong. We used to push our EC to around 2.8-3.4 weeks 3-7 in flower with no signs of overfeeding at all. All this nostalgia has me ready to do a little shopping

Wow. My EC is right at 1.9 and I have been worried like mother hen watching for signs of burn. None at all. Awesome. Thanks for the input. I feel better now. Lol

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Wow. My EC is right at 1.9 and I have been worried like mother hen watching for signs of burn. None at all. Awesome. Thanks for the input. I feel better now. Lol

She's a phosphorus hog. These EC levels were in a RDWC system. I've found you can run a bit higher EC in those types of systems because you don't get any buildup in the grow medium. It looks like you're growing in some sort of modified UC/DWC system, correct?

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

I did some extensive training. Manifold. It has definately been a trip watching how these girls bounce back from all of my mistakes. That's for sure... lol

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

She's a phosphorus hog. These EC levels were in a RDWC system. I've found you can run a bit higher EC in those types of systems because you don't get any buildup in the grow medium. It looks like you're growing in some sort of modified UC/DWC system, correct?

Yes, I built a Top fed DWC tote. It is 18 gallons. Think I am going to run 5 gallon buckets next. Idk yet. Like how compact the tote is. Makes it easy to get in to to any defol and such.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Yes, I built a Top fed DWC tote. It is 18 gallons. Think I am going to run 5 gallon buckets next. Idk yet. Like how compact the tote is. Makes it easy to get in to to any defol and such.

Run multiple totes, connect them with some 2-3" PVC and bulkhead fittings and slap a 1/4 horse chiller on there. Keep your temps around 62° and pump as much air as possible. These diffusers are by far the best I've ever used. They never plug and last FOREVER.

SmartSelect 20181130 130947 Instagram

As you can see, you can fully envelop the diffuser with roots without any plugging

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

Run multiple totes, connect them with some 2-3" PVC and bulkhead fittings and slap a 1/4 horse chiller on there. Keep your temps around 62° and pump as much air as possible. These diffusers are by far the best I've ever used. They never plug and last FOREVER.

View attachment 843984
As you can see, you can fully envelop the diffuser with roots without any plugging

WOW!!! I just ordered several.!!! Holy crap. Thank you for the input for sure! Wow is all I got. Jealous of your roots bro. Wow.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

WOW!!! I just ordered several.!!! Holy crap. Thank you for the input for sure! Wow is all I got. Jealous of your roots bro. Wow.
Use the biggest pumps you can. The more air the better. The one thing you have to remember though is that these air pumps are taking the air from the room and running it through a compressor before it gets to the diffuser. If your room is say 78° and the pump increases the temp 2-3°, you're pumping 80-81° air into the root zone which can lead to increased potential for bacterial growth. I'm a big fan of hypochlorous acid like UC Roots to keep everything clean and sterile. I used to run a lot of air pumps (1 Eco Plus 7 pump for every 5 diffusers) so I came up with a somewhat unique solution to keep the air going into the pots cool in between water circulation. I had an old chest freezer that I modified to use as a kegerator. I set the thermostat to 60°, drilled some holes in the sides to allow air flow and put all my pumps inside

Latest posts

Top Bottom