Molasses + Carbo Load?

• Thread starter BakedasBeans
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
does the molasses have to be unsulfured i can find the granny one but not unsulfured

can u guys recommend a site where i can get it for cheap i found it for 35 bucks is that a good deal
That's kind of funny, I've tried to find 'sulfured' molasses and I can't. Granny's fine. Most folks get bulk molasses at feed stores. I can't, mine doesn't stock it.

Don't forget panocha (aka piloncillo o panela, lo creo), you can use that, too, just need to make it into a syrup.

I just put that gallon on my watch list. Free shipping, but damn, over $20 for a gallon? I still SO wish my grandfather were alive and farming sugar cane.

dextr0

dextr0

Don't forget panocha (aka piloncillo o panela, lo creo), you can use that, too, just need to make it into a syrup.

^^WOW. I learn something new everyday.

Seamaiden as always it is a pleasure.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
MotherLoad hilarious!
Brawndo, its what plants crave.

Learn something new everyday! gatorade :) Hope it does not act as a diuretic to plants. j/k

Is the idea of using gatorade for the salt sugar and electrolytes? or high fructose corn syrup?

fyi, pickle juice is another natural electolyte I know of without the high fructose corn syrup, etc.

sucanat, agave nectar, are other organic sugar sources to feed your microherd when it is not ideal times to use molasses. (also do not have the micros) sucanat has to be mixed with warm water to disolve, agave nectar is easier to use. but molasses is most cost effective.

there is another one too. tricanese?? cant remember the spelling right now. biocanna uses this sugar for biocanna lineup, is another leftover after the molasses is made. anyone remember the name?

does the molasses have to be unsulfured i can find the granny one but not unsulfured

can u guys recommend a site where i can get it for cheap i found it for 35 bucks is that a good deal

best to use unsulphured blackstrap molasses, It is the form of molasses that has vitamins and minerals and a chelator. (sp?)

DO not know of online source, since shipping is what can get you, feed store can usually order if they do not have in stock, I paid $20 for 5 gallons. May have to ask for "molasses sugar beet feed" but generally if you ask for molasses they know what you want. Otherwise can spend a fortune on smaller bottles from grocery.

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

I've stopped using sweetners as well. Not much of a difference. Actually the only difference I noticed is that sweetners will create sap bubbles on some nugs. These are almost all sugar and not a giant trich. When smoked they bubble like oil but they are just water and sugar, like a sap.

These ones were from using Botanicare's Sweet.

IMG_7290.jpg

IMG_7289.jpg

IMG_7412.JPG

IMG_7403.JPG

I found sum sap drops on my buds a few years back and googled it and found out it was sugars from the plant(sap) so i carefully took the sap off and placed it on my tongue and it tasted well sweet with a hint of skunkyness:icon_spin: but no high lol.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Does anyone use molassas with coco? I've heard it is a no no in rockwool.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
<raises hand> Yeah, why not? Tastes great! Rice hulls add crunch.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Venom is it a home made tea formula or one you bought at a hydro store?

Seamaiden, I know you are the "Queen of coco." What nutes do you use with your coco? I just decided to do a side by side coco/ rockwool. Babies are already vegging in coco. Should I stick to the same nute regimine that is giving me perfect results in rockwool?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Eee... I wouldn't call me something like that, I'm nowhere nearly as experienced with coco as others, or as experienced as I am with fans (self-dubbed Queen of Fans).

A pretty much failsafe formula for flowering is a combination of alternating feeds as follows (adjust recipe to suit your ladies, my first run I had to cut the FNBloom down to 3mls per gallon and the FF BB to 5mls per gallon, and they were still dark green and somewhat overnuted):

Mix A
5-6mls per gallon Floranova Bloom
5mls per gallon Cal-Mag + (or equivalent, right now I've separated my Ca & Mg supplements and am getting better results, but it's much more bothersome and easier to fuck up)
pH'd @ 5.8-6.2

Mix B
5-15mls per gallon Fox Farms Big Bloom
5mls per gallon Cal-Mag + or equivalent
pH'd @ 5.8-6.2

Weekly alternates of (I substitute Mix A or B for a mix of these):
Either molasses or malted barley extract (this is specifically to feed microbes, though now that I'm starting to push chem salt #s so much higher I have a feeling that bit can and should be dropped until flush) @ 1-5mls per gallon, sometimes much, much less
Floranova Micro @ recommended dosage
MaxiCrop @ 2.5-5mls per gallon (I got the dry and mixed my own solute)
Silicablast @ 2.5mls per gallon
pH'd @ 5.8-6.2

Every 10 days I use a bloom booster. I started out using powdered Koolbloom (@ 1/4tsp per 5 gallons) for the first 45 days or so, then switching to liquid Koolbloom (can't remember the rate on that, again pretty low because it's a chemical salt that I'm afraid will kill microbes if it's too concentrated) for the rest of flowering. Now I'm using a friend's RE'd M**B blend @ every 10 days or so, because I've seen amazing 'bud pack' after using it both indoors and out, so may switch to that entirely, not sure, need to refine that.
Always, as ever, pH'd @ 5.8-6.2

I have messed around with PBPGrow and Bloom, use rates are too high, and it drops pH too much for my taste. Also have used and still use Botanica Maxsea, but I'm not sure I'd use it throughout flowering, as its numbers are pretty high (14-18-14, for acid-loving plants, my rhodies and Camellia LOVE this stuff, especially as a foliar feed), it's fantastic for straightening out nutrient imbalances, lockouts and deficiencies, aka being a crutch, and for vegging plants. I use the Maxsea at very low application rates, 1/4tsp per gallon.

ALWAYS use the cleanest, lowest EC/TDS/ppm water you can. I have an RO/DI filter I finally got after messing around with DI only and carbon filtration of my well water. But, since... October I think, I've been using rainwater only, just filter for particulate material (I use one of my husband's Zorbees, those towels the dead bearded guy used to sell).

E

ent

I just found a gallon for 22 bucks feed grade it says it good for fertilizers guano teas etc u think i should buy it its unsulfured black starp molasses

i might check out wholefoods

that's a good deal and what you're looking for. the only way it could be *better* is if it were transferred in food grade containers, but you're not eating it, so no biggie. that's what you want though, the two things you want to ensure is that it is blackstrap molasses and that it is unsulfured. free shipping too, not a bad price at all.

Dan Knuggs

Dan Knuggs

These are interesting techniques...i would stick with the unsulfured blackstrap molasses

OGONLY

OGONLY

Thanks a lot for the detailed info Seamaiden! Will apply your knowledge fo sho!

I like the fact that coco is suited for both organic and non-organic fertilizers. Is there any reason molassas or any other organic fert. should not be used with a drip system? The lines are 1/4 in. with no emitters or drip fittings. Water flows straight out the line onto media. Guessing it should be fine. Thinking of running Drip Clean through the lines as a flush for both lines and media during res. changes.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
youll have no problems with 1/4" lines w/o drippers

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

Im sure as long as its mixed in well enough so it doesnt clog the lines you should be fine. But I think seamaiden will have a better answer than me. What can and cant be used with driplines is also something I am interested in so I would love to hear more on this.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
when I use molasses I mix it into a big cup of hot water (not boiling) until its all dissolved - otherwise that shit will go right to the bottom of your mixing can

OGONLY

OGONLY

Right on thanks Motherload! Good tip on how to mix molassas. Totally makes sense. That stuff is thick as shist.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
word bro - I do the same with any powdered additives as well (moab, kool bloom etc)

glass of warm water and stir that shit until its all dissolved

Venom818

Venom818

Venom is it a home made tea formula or one you bought at a hydro store?

Seamaiden, I know you are the "Queen of coco." What nutes do you use with your coco? I just decided to do a side by side coco/ rockwool. Babies are already vegging in coco. Should I stick to the same nute regimine that is giving me perfect results in rockwool?

nah bro its a tea recipe i got from here bro i brew it myself

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I see no reason why molasses or anything else that can actually be dissolved can't be used in a drip system. Would just need to clean things out on a regular basis, I'm sure.
when I use molasses I mix it into a big cup of hot water (not boiling) until its all dissolved - otherwise that shit will go right to the bottom of your mixing can
When I mix nutes I have an airstone in the bin or trash can, and when I'm adding molasses (that stuff is easy peasy to get dissolved compared to straight out of the bottle malted barley extract, that stuff is THICK) I drizzle a very thin stream over the bubbles. By the time I'm done adding everything and making sure it's pH'd and within parameters, the molasses has dissolved.

My mix water is already warmed up (still need to build the insulation house for my containers) to around 68F or so, haven't had any problems with anything EXCEPT MicroHume. That shit's so hydrophobic it practically runs screaming like a little girl from water. Gotta use SM-90 to get it into suspension.

Something's plugged up my plumbed water supply downstairs, I think a pipe's collapsed or something out back of the house. :( I hate not having water downstairs! Fortunately, we've had so much rain that I at least have that.

Top Bottom