molasses during flowering?

• Thread starter pliscan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iamgrowerman

iamgrowerman

I just got this in my email, it's a link to a white paper on a study about exactly this topic.

You don't have to sign up for the newsletter to download the pdf.

Interesting read...

D

decrimCA

iamgrowerman -

Is this the same information? I found this just today -

I have to say, I'm wondering why more people aren't talking up this information because it seems like AN is on to something, IMHO

eyeseeyouu

eyeseeyouu

hi if no one told you i will cuz i like organics.... you should add a veryyyy tiny amount of molasses and brown sugar like 1 teaspoon 50/50 organic brown sugar / molasses.. that you like the flavor of unsulfides... 1 teaspoon as discribed every watering after the 2nd week in veg for the mycos to eat and stop adding when your flushing. let me know if the helps... sorry if u already read 1teaspoon to a 5gallon

Last edited:
eyeseeyouu

eyeseeyouu

99% correct here. Actually the sugar molecules are too large to be passed across the root membrane. Certain tea formulations will break the sugars down to allow them to be utilized by the plant. However, for me, in my recirculating hydro systems, it is far too 'risky' for such things as purposely putting 'beneficials' into the system. The solution can go anaerobic in hours. DO levels will immediately fall and plant death or 'pythium' or other nasties right behind it. I realize this runs counter to all the DWC setups around here but IMO those systems are quite risky. So back to the original point, sugars in the solution in the form of molasses, carboload, etc. is all folklore.

i know thats what science says but your plant takes in everything in the soil/water/air everything .... i have smoked buds that had been done with to much molasses it wasnt that good i could taste it and it didnt burn right. maybe the guy didnt flush i dont know. but thats why i recommend using an unsulfides molasses that you enjoy the taste of.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
i know thats what science says but your plant takes in everything in the soil/water/air everything .... i have smoked buds that had been done with to much molasses it wasnt that good i could taste it and it didnt burn right. maybe the guy didnt flush i dont know. but thats why i recommend using an unsulfides molasses that you enjoy the taste of.

Just a heads up. The thread is 3 years old. Welcome to the farm.

eyeseeyouu

eyeseeyouu

Just a heads up. The thread is 3 years old. Welcome to the farm.
bro i realized it after the fact... i ran out of buds a week ago im still stoned i thank the Chemdog 91 and malawi gold lol. but if i added to your knolege with my post the cool and if it brought people back to the post here good because a hungry myco is a angry myco ....Na-na na na-na na na na;
Na-na na na-na na na na;
Na-na na na-na na na na;
Na-na na na-na na na na.

Them belly full, but myco hungry;
A hungry myco is a angry myco.
A rain a-fall, but the dutty tough;
A yot a-yook, but d' yood no 'nough.

You're gonna dance to Jah music, dance;
We're gonna dance to Jah music, dance, oh-ooh!

Forget your troubles and dance!
Forget your sorrows and dance!
Forget your sickness and dance!
Forget your weakness and dance!

lol remix

H

happy b

I took two cuts pput em both in a mix of canna pro+ & h&g batmix.i put a sprinkle of great white myco in one and feed it molasses all the way up until i stopped feeding to flush and fed it a standard amount of canna grow &bloom.the other was just given bloom in flower and nothing else.the plant on the right is the one that only had bloom.
20141213 214249
so the plant on the left had myco molasses and grow while the other didnt.not sure if it was the molasses that made the difference or what.more likely a combination.i really didnt expect such a big difference.

eyeseeyouu

eyeseeyouu

I took two cuts pput em both in a mix of canna pro+ & h&g batmix.i put a sprinkle of great white myco in one and feed it molasses all the way up until i stopped feeding to flush and fed it a standard amount of canna grow &bloom.the other was just given bloom in flower and nothing else.the plant on the right is the one that only had bloom.View attachment 467672so the plant on the left had myco molasses and grow while the other didnt.not sure if it was the molasses that made the difference or what.more likely a combination.i really didnt expect such a big difference.
i am im, pressed the glare from all that frost is blinding

straincreation

straincreation

I took two cuts pput em both in a mix of canna pro+ & h&g batmix.i put a sprinkle of great white myco in one and feed it molasses all the way up until i stopped feeding to flush and fed it a standard amount of canna grow &bloom.the other was just given bloom in flower and nothing else.the plant on the right is the one that only had bloom.View attachment 467672so the plant on the left had myco molasses and grow while the other didnt.not sure if it was the molasses that made the difference or what.more likely a combination.i really didnt expect such a big difference.
Good side by side, thanks for the post.
Happy farmin;)

Shamashmagu

Shamashmagu

Molasses being used by home growers is the epitome of bro science. The fact is you can use it when brewing certain types of compost tea or eat it . Any other purpose is self delusion.

the rrock

the rrock

My plants love molasses,dont care about myths, I care about happy plants and results, I do agree about the idiot part though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom