Molasses, Is It Ever Too Late To Use?

• Thread starter Madvillian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madvillian

Madvillian

Hey guys, just curious if y’all think these ladies could Use a molasses boost or not. That’s one thing I haven’t tried yet but always hear good things about. Ladies are 6 weeks into flower tomorrow,
Strains: Aurora Indica, Godzilla, two mosca seeds. Randos
FFHF/FFOF/perlite/a little coco/
Temps: lights on 76-78. Off 68-75
Humidity 30-45%
Nutes: general organics Full line every other feed, nothing more.

Molasses is it ever too late to use
Molasses is it ever too late to use 2
Molasses is it ever too late to use 3
Molasses is it ever too late to use 4
Molasses is it ever too late to use 5
Molasses is it ever too late to use 6
Molasses is it ever too late to use 7
Molasses is it ever too late to use 8
Molasses is it ever too late to use 9
Molasses is it ever too late to use 10
Molasses is it ever too late to use 11
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Molasses and sugars/carbs don' actually help the plant bulk so to speak. Microbes in the medium eat the sugars and help break down nutes to allow the plant to uptake it all more efficient. Not easier uptake of nutes, means better plant growth. Better plant growth = bigger yields.

Madvillian

Madvillian

Molasses and sugars/carbs don' actually help the plant bulk so to speak. Microbes in the medium eat the sugars and help break down nutes to allow the plant to uptake it all more efficient. Not easier uptake of nutes, means better plant growth. Better plant growth = bigger yields.
right on, thank you for the quick and informitive reply. so its just feeding the micro bacteria in the medium. does that mean working molasses is something i should do from the start of flower on my next run, or is there a more specific week when its most beneficial?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Use molasses from clone phase on up. Most nutrient lines already have a "molasses" type of additive. So you won't need to add more. Make sure you use unsulphered molasses. I use botinacares "sweet raw" for the last 3yrs and love it. Great product and has lots of good stuff in it.

Madvillian

Madvillian

Awesome, I believe general organics has a similar supplement but ill pick up a bottle and check it out, can’t hurt right?. Thank you for the great advice brotha! Happy growing

Madvillian

Madvillian

Good morning everyone, I was just wondering if you think this is too N deficient, first it was a toxicity and now I don’t think she’s getting enough N. The rest of the crop isfine minus this lady, but it could be that she’s In a .5 gal pot and thus drinking up more nutes than the rest. So my question is should i nutrient feed another week or 2 or go to plain water after my next feeding? I’m In week 6 of flower now. (My pup got ahold of/ destroyed my TDS meter last week so I have another on the way.. but atleast my ph is in range LOL!

F8ABED54 8555 40BC BDC7 95B59E525285
9B6DD709 4A9C 4C57 B7CC FB24722368CA
D319F653 7141 4AF7 820C 1245269AE2FC
kid4twenty

kid4twenty

Id say that grow looks good without it. No need for molasses

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Different colonies consume sugars at different rates in different environments. Without knowing a single one of these factors we can still come to a conclusion based on the fact that the fastest scobys around still take days to consume sugar feeds.

If you feed on the last day,(or feed a dead soil) the nutrient uptake blocked, replaced with simple sugars uptake, and fading is mimicked while artificial(foreign 3rd party non Cannabis) sugars add weight texture and color properties mimicking quality. The phrase "sweetener" come to mind. What a coincidence. Sweet pot lol. Cuz sugar water don't come in skunk flavor lol. It comes in GO flavor though...

Molasses is also full of trace elements. Again if you dont have a big enough colony, the plant will try handling those ingredients itself and theyll end up staying in the Cannabis.

When I used molasses indoors I could tell.. Switched to dried fruits and ConcenTrace, won't use molasses for anything ever again.

Last edited:
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Your plants will yellow in the later stages of flowering. That’s normal. Nothing to worry about. When’s the last time you gave them nitrogen? You’ll be fine either way. I like yellowing in the last couple weeks as that means the plant is using up the stored nitrogen in the leaves and is reaching maturity. I wouldn’t sweat it but that’s me. You can do as you wish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom