Mold During Cure!?!?!? Help

• Thread starter ToweIie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

It could be a bit of tip burn, but not being there in person.....

ToweIie

ToweIie

A nanner or two? What are you looking at? Looks like he dried it too fast and now it smelled bad. Common mistake and it happens.
those are leaf tips that shpuldve been pulled/plucked out rather then trimmed like its getting ready for prom night it smelled cat pissy and burned good though honestly

Leew421

Leew421

Looks good. For sure, best method to make sure it's slow is too leave everything on and hang whole plant. Go ahead and remove some of the larger fan leaves but hang it whole otherwise. 7 days maybe 6 at least. You will know when she's ready by the stems of the leaves snapping. Don't focus on the whole stem snapping. That's not a good point of reference from my experience. If you can snap leaf stems all over, she's ready. If for some reason there are some parts that are still moist, they will help regulate the moisture for the rest of the jar. Once trimmed and jarred put that with the lid off back in your dry space for another day. The next day lid it up and start your cure.

ToweIie

ToweIie

Looks good. For sure, best method to make sure it's slow is too leave everything on and hang whole plant. Go ahead and remove some of the larger fan leaves but hang it whole otherwise. 7 days maybe 6 at least. You will know when she's ready by the stems of the leaves snapping. Don't focus on the whole stem snapping. That's not a good point of reference from my experience. If you can snap leaf stems all over, she's ready. If for some reason there are some parts that are still moist, they will help regulate the moisture for the rest of the jar. Once trimmed and jarred put that with the lid off back in your dry space for another day. The next day lid it up and start your cure.

I clipped whole branch off, snipled bud off clipped once and tossed into a drying rack/net on all the buds

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

That's what I figured they were too. "Nanners" wouldn't grow like that. We have to be very careful what terms are being thrown around here. It's too easy to get the "fake news" on the topics.
Gotta dissagree w/Ya there. Google search late nanners. That's how they do grow late in the game. They can get confused w/burnt leaf tips in pics. Anyway, glad your smoke came out good. Nanners, and pollin sacks groe differently

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

found this pic lol pretty nice colas but im def going to be more patient witb tbe drying out process.
That's how I like my SOG colas. I like when bud pics are compared to objects larger than a lighter.
That doesn't look like his bud pic to me
In that 4th pic (he also posted it solo) looked like either a bunch of nute burned tips, or late nanners. Even if they were late nanners, it wouldn't effect anything. I just wouldn't breed with the pollin. As for mold, nope. If you didn't see it, you'd smell, and taste it.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Actually it's pic 3 that looks to have a bunch of baby nans

ToweIie

ToweIie

i was really careful with the nutes didnt overload at all. used earth juice at recommended vegg and flower, 2weeks prior running catalyst as one of the two nute waterings. then 1 week plain tap water. never seen any sign of nutes but it did get hot asf a couple times. Then again this was my first run

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

i was really careful with the nutes didnt overload at all. used earth juice at recommended vegg and flower, 2weeks prior running catalyst as one of the two nute waterings. then 1 week plain tap water. never seen any sign of nutes but it did get hot asf a couple times. Then again this was my first run
It's nothing you did wrong. I feed at a EC of 1.2 or 700 ppms, and get that with some strains too. I don't use many additives at all. Base, silica, cal/mag, and for the past couple years, Drip Clean. Stuff is great, and really prevents salt build up. I also use Roots Excel during veg, and first week of flower. I started adding 1 drop of Roots (silver) per liter to put my cuts for clones in..Stuff is GREAT!! Cuts my root time by 2 or 3 days on harder to root strains.

Junk

Junk

That's what I figured they were too. "Nanners" wouldn't grow like that. We have to be very careful what terms are being thrown around here. It's too easy to get the "fake news" on the topics.

I've grown bud personally that looked exactly like that. Some were leaf tips, some were nanners. I've seen it with my own eyes. Grown it, harvested it, used it. From the pic, that's what late flower nanners look like.

I think if he were to break that apart, he would see some of those are not leaf tips. Maybe he could, and take pics of that. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I doubt it.

I'm not "throwing" any terms around. Nor is it "fake news." I appreciate your desire to get it right...but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Post #1, pic 7, I see some glaring at me. One looks like a seed pod to me.

OP, if they are nanners, it's not a big deal. It happens to everyone. Some strains are picky. If they aren't, good for you.

Last edited:
Junk

Junk

Try whole plant hanging next time. It saves on room too
I give up trying to put this in a single post...

You cut the main shaft and hang the plant like that? E.g. if you had 4 plants going, you would only hang 4 items?

Latest posts

Top Bottom